Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This weeks Classic Irish bargains that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,404 ✭✭✭con747

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭FR85

con747 wrote: »

I see it's now gone but I think there was something suspect about this. Could be wrong but it was snapped up in Meath and sat in Cork for a month and then had a grand knocked off the original price. Hopefully I'm wrong and someone got a cracker

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭w124man

This looks nice for €2750. 89 260e

MOT history says central oil leak. On an M103 engine that is either a rear crank oil seal or input seal on the gearbox. Just did that job on my 300SE

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

FR85 wrote: »
    I see it's now gone but I think there was something suspect about this. Could be wrong but it was snapped up in Meath and sat in Cork for a month and then had a grand knocked off the original price. Hopefully I'm wrong and someone got a cracker

I had been trying to do a deal in this for a while - seller seems genuine enough, took it as a trade in as he is trying to reduce his cars

I am sorry he didnt offfer this to me at this price - I had a vrt slot booked for 20th that I cancelled - at this price with a VRT slot pre dec31st I would have bought it

could be made a nice little car I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,054 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Japanese Mercedes

(c) Alan Partridge

Edit: It's not a Lexus

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Reg doesn't exactly line up with the just arrived from Japan, it's been here a decade or so based on that number.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

alias no.9 wrote: »
    Reg doesn't exactly line up with the just arrived from Japan, it's been here a decade or so based on that number.

What ? I just imported 90D120181 at the start of December
    In fact I was surprised to see that 12 more 90's came in this month !

• Registered Users Posts: 19,066 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

alias no.9 wrote: »

The 12xxxx range is where all imports are starting now regardless of year when registered in Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Beltby

There's a bit too much brown for my liking. Still another 30 years left in that machine though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Beltby

The 12xxxx range is where all imports are starting now regardless of year when registered in Dublin.

Not for newer cars but maybe the case for classics alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

This thread is about classics though.

Hafta say, I have a gorgeous tiny mileage merc 190e and I would swap it for that any day. Stunning car.

The seller of that Toyota had this one for sale last month, was up for €8k

MjgxMzQ5M2Y3ODJlZjY5MGE2M2M0MGUzM2NmNDA1Yjhx8QgEoqZaEm84y2b73SDEaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTgxODM0ODJ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

RobAMerc wrote: »
    What ? I just imported 90D120181 at the start of December
    In fact I was surprised to see that 12 more 90's came in this month !

You're right, sorry, the 120xxx with a 1990 really threw me

• Registered Users Posts: 65,388 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Lovely motor, albeit a tad dull. Very optimistic asking price though. For how much would you land one from Japan?

I have a gorgeous tiny mileage merc 190e .

Interesting. You selling?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,862 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

unkel wrote: »
    Lovely motor, albeit a tad dull. Very optimistic asking price though. For how much would you land one from Japan?

Asking price is pretty much spot on, low kilometre cars making 10k and more

w124man wrote: »
    Interesting. You selling?

Lol no, only have it a few months, but you know yourself, when something interesting comes along......
    I've lost count of the amount of times I've said this one's a keeper!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,388 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Lol no, only have it a few months, but you know yourself, when something interesting comes along......
    I've lost count of the amount of times I've said this one's a keeper!

W201 is very hard to beat as a classic car if you get a good one with low miles and petrol / auto

Never stops us looking elsewhere though, does it? :p

45k miles, auto, petrol, 122bhp (201.024 engine), and as far as I can predict, she's a keeper!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/ford-cortina/26841039

YjY5NjEyOGQ2NzI3ZjEyYTE3MmI1Yzk5M2NmOGE2Y2P7J6A6XcXY73UBgIM0M4q1aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNjYxMDgxOTJ8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Same guy that had the blue Zodiac before. He got this in it's place.
    It's fairly mint.
    €7K....possibly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭oceanman

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Asking price is pretty much spot on, low kilometre cars making 10k and more
    making or asking, there is often a big difference...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,049 ✭✭✭CoBo55

kaizersoze wrote: »
    https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/ford-cortina/26841039

YjY5NjEyOGQ2NzI3ZjEyYTE3MmI1Yzk5M2NmOGE2Y2P7J6A6XcXY73UBgIM0M4q1aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNjYxMDgxOTJ8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Same guy that had the blue Zodiac before. He got this in it's place.
    It's fairly mint.
    €7K....possibly.

She's looking fairly greenhouse'y inside I'd be checking and sniffing very strongly. 7 grand is a lot of money for a mobile foot spa.

Maybe I’m way out of touch with things, but that Cortina to my mind should be priced at about €4-5k. I know anything old with a blue oval on the bonnet is going to be worth loads, but I wouldn’t imagine you’d even have too many Ford fans queuing up for that.

Has never had an NCT either, for whatever that is worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,049 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Maybe I’m way out of touch with things, but that Cortina to my mind should be priced at about €4-5k. I know anything old with a blue oval on the bonnet is going to be worth loads, but I wouldn’t imagine you’d even have too many Ford fans queuing up for that.

Has never had an NCT either, for whatever that is worth.

Even at that it's too much, lads get delusional about what they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

CoBo55 wrote: »
    She's looking fairly greenhouse'y inside I'd be checking and sniffing very strongly. 7 grand is a lot of money for a mobile foot spa.

IIRC the Crusader was an English or British, Edition, wheras here the trim levels were Corrib and Cashel or something a little less Anglo..... I'd imagine it was exposed to a fair amount of salty roads in its time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Tara and Cashel

• Advertisement

45k miles, auto, petrol, 122bhp (201.024 engine), and as far as I can predict, she's a keeper!

Hang on to that one.

Advertisement