Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This weeks Classic Irish bargains that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,049 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Hi lads
    Probably the wrong group for this but not having much joy searching forums for (Wedding cars, classic car rentals content, West of Ireland car rentals)
    getting Married next year in sligo and wondering does anyone have a contact who would have a classic in the area to rent/chauffeur for the day?
    I'm looking less along the Morgan style and more along the Merc, Porsche, Mustang, MG styles.

any help welcome, If there is a more appropriate thread with up to date posts fell free to suggest also.

Don't restrict your search to the Sligo area, many firms will travel to your area. Have you tried N.I.? I'd say many would travel into Sligo, that industry has been practically wiped out by covid as is most of the PSV industry.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Premierpride

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Don't restrict your search to the Sligo area, many firms will travel to your area. Have you tried N.I.? I'd say many would travel into Sligo, that industry has been practically wiped out by covid as is most of the PSV industry.

Thanks Tzardine & Unkel

I have had a brief look at NI also and a few options up there which I will investigate further for sure, I will probably stop short of purchasing something for now! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65,393 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

That's another option! Buy a €5k Rolls-Royce, insure it for the year for €200. Use it for your wedding, enjoy it for a while, hope to feck nothing will go wrong with it and sell it on for a few hundred quid less :D

A regular forum member has a very classy Daimler for sale for that sort of money. In very good nick, NCT and all. You might consider it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

FFS man, you have what most of us struggle to find, the perfect excuse to buy a classic car! Use it, it's a (mostly) once in a lifetime chance!

That had entered my thoughts, iv found a group of people on a classic forum who think its a perfectly reasonable thing to do, there's a shock!!

• Advertisement

FFS man, you have what most of us struggle to find, the perfect excuse to buy a classic car! Use it, it's a (mostly) once in a lifetime chance!

Haha, one other issue is most of the cars are 2 seaters and iv got the small problem of a tall women with a big dress to shove into it aswel.... on "her big day"!!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

You're looking in the wrong places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭John Hutton

The wife might end up not being the wife for long if a classic car you bought for the wedding breaks down!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

• Registered Users Posts: 6,405 ✭✭✭con747

States he owned it for the last 5 years, last sold on 04/06/2019 looks good though.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

con747 wrote: »
    States he owned it for the last 5 years, last sold on 04/06/2019 looks good though.

May have been a tax thing. Can't say I'd blame him at that rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭w124man

Why would you not bother to take the trim panels off the doors and wings before you respray it! Great interior and cloth interiors on these cars is unusual but even still I'd be very wary. I think is a bit expensive. Ride will be harsh on those 18" rims

Nissan sunny estate 1986 €3500 Limited info and pics. https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/nissan-sunny-estate/26583196
    Same seller has the blue 72 Beetle for sale.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Nissan sunny estate 1986 €3500 Limited info and pics. https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/nissan-sunny-estate/26583196

Judging by the beetle photos it needs a lot of work.

Nissan sunny estate 1986..........

1.0?
    Never knew there was a 1.0 Sunny.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Needs inside pics, but it's good from the outside. I'd love that for a couple of months. Nice road trip around Ireland this summer in it.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

KevRossi wrote: »
    Needs inside pics, but it's good from the outside. I'd love that for a couple of months. Nice road trip around Ireland this summer in it.

Road trip, sounds like you are organizing an event,

Leo says no...:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,049 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Augeo wrote: »
    1.0?
    Never knew there was a 1.0 Sunny.

It says 1.5 on the back... Alarm bells ringing already.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭KevRossi

This looks like good value, worth a look. NCT site says NCT valid until 01/07/21. €3,100
    1994 220CE

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/mercedes-220ce-pillarless-coupe-nctd/26839685

ZDJkNjdlNjk3YjIwODk5MGY3MDYyZmI2NTYwYTgyMDO9euhSPGevykcAgT9GzCX-aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNjYwNjczOTd8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

It’s for sale a really long time for some reason

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

KevRossi wrote: »
    This looks like good value, worth a look. NCT site says NCT valid until 01/07/21. €3,100
    1994 220CE

wheels and carpet would have to go - interior looks good in fairness, but the bodywork above the bumpers looks odd to me, but it might be the camera

in reality the 220 is slow as a wet week too, and the engine has 0 soul

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭blingrhino

Thoughts on the SL 320 in deerpark in bray please.
    Apart from the obvious tax issue ,what do you think at €11950.
    Apologies I can't link on my new phone 😫

• Registered Users Posts: 65,393 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

RobAMerc wrote: »
    wheels and carpet would have to go - interior looks good in fairness, but the bodywork above the bumpers looks odd to me, but it might be the camera

in reality the 220 is slow as a wet week too, and the engine has 0 soul

And €3000-€4000 of tax before it's vintage. I'd say some people could just about pay for the one year, but not that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭w124man

Nice Coupe but if its any good its too cheap. The M111 2.2 engine is pokey enough with 150 bhp and the possibility of 40 mpg. Coupes suffer from heated rear window delamination which causes all sorts of rust issues in addition to the normal facelift rust issues. Engine wiring harness and throttle body problems will be evident if not already repaired which at that price I would think they haven't. I'm not a leather interior fan but the wheels are okay ish!

Now that Rob mentions it there looks to be a big bubble on the wing where it meets the bumper at the wheel arch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

Now that Rob mentions it there looks to be a big bubble on the wing where it meets the bumper at the wheel arch.

In fairness, its very difficult to tell from photos - you need to see it in the flesh.

Either way, as Unkle says, I couldnt live with the tax for 4 years, and after 30 I'd want a different engine, more cylinders and more grunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Good value, low mileage MK2 Fiesta for sale for less than 3 grand.

1984 with 24,000 miles.

If I had any more space in the garage I would be all over this. I have a mint 1985 one. They are a good entry point into classics too. Simple to work on and parts readily available.

This is a nice little project. Would only take some minor cleaning up. If it is rust free then you cant lose money on this one.

NmZjYWU0MTJlZDAxMzkyNThhM2QxZDhiYTQ1MmYxMzaj3rbrgSd_2n8kw8h1J6J6aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNjcxMzA5OTd8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/1984-ford-fiesta/26918940

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Thats a lovely golf, but is it a bargain at 8 grand?

Genuinely asking, dont know much about them.

• Advertisement

I doubt it.

Advertisement