Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This weeks Classic Irish bargains that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Yes they do and do it rapidly.
    Especially yokes of that era.

I’m not saying that cars don’t rust rapidly when put into storage. I’m merely pointing out that if it was indeed “red rotten” (an inference you made entirely from the date of the last tax disc) do you not think it would look a bit more disheveled on top too?

You’re saying that a car, when put into storage, will only rust “underneath” and won’t deteriorate at all anywhere else?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

Judging by the tax and test history of my own Wolseley 16/60, it appears to have spend a decade off the road, and sunlight had turned the Maroon paint to a light red. There wasn't too much wrong with it barring the sills, and they rot anyhow, on or off the road. It also started relatively easily. Fifteen years might not matter too much if there was some preparation like fuel drained and the place wasn't too damp. Toyotas of that era had already been galvanised for maybe five years (eg a 1984-85 Toyota Carina II was galvanised).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,049 ✭✭✭CoBo55

I’m not saying that cars don’t rust rapidly when put into storage. I’m merely pointing out that if it was indeed “red rotten” (an inference you made entirely from the date of the last tax disc) do you not think it would look a bit more disheveled on top too?

You’re saying that a car, when put into storage, will only rust “underneath” and won’t deteriorate at all anywhere else?

Obviously it was prepared for sale surely you aren't going to try and tell me the loving owner polished it every Saturday... Anyway it's gone now to be further polished and make a return to DD for Spring.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,514 ✭✭✭jmreire

;)Anyway, on a slightly lighter note ( Mods plese move as you see fit )
    Maybe the best way to describe this "Vintage " is that its the result of an incestous relationship.....;) What do you think Kadman???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

con747 wrote: »
    Nissan sunny 1989 €2350. More great pictures..... https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/nissan-sunny-1989/27076455
    Was this up? 1983 Mk1 Sierra Auto NCT 02/23 Tax 07/21 €5950 https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/1983-mk1-sierra-auto-nct-02-23-tax-07-21/26993000?campaign=3 Looks very clean with low mileage.

Sierra is another blast from the past.....

541151.JPG

Gone down in price apparently so maybe not all it's cracked up to be...or possibly didn't sell for the asking. I remember it was for sale for a long long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,973 ✭✭✭✭elperello

I f you were looking for a Sierra that one seems to be the business.

You could spend a lot getting a middling one up to that standard.

Also it will never need another NCT.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭KevRossi

This is nice. Two years NCT recently done. LHD, but the interior makes up for it. Price is OK too. €1,850

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/vw-jetta-mk2/27047207?campaign=8

ZDJlMzkzNmYyNTIyNTdmMGNmYWVhZWFmNDdlN2M4MDa6y93GGSqpbbCSGh0wkeVgaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNjg3NTY4MDR8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

MzcwMGQ1OWNlODU1MDJlOTk5NzczOWM3M2NkN2RjN2Oh_EmpawoXfgfXtpQZr5ixaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNjg3NTY4MDV8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Clean looking 300SEL, love the seats, looks good with those alloys. New NCT. €8,500.
    Can't see the dash to see what options it has (or has not). Could be deliberate but worth a call.

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/mercedes-benz-s-class-300se-1987/27027179

MTg4NDhjMjhlZjJlMGQwZGFhNGQ1NGU5YWM0NmMyZmXY6IxHv9thCKhLbTkPOJqfaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNjg1MDM2NjZ8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg
    ZjBkYzg4YWJjNTAxZTk5NjFkNjcxZjY1MDg5NTg1ZTZfs9AlSZpeaSILMDuShFAnaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNjg1MDM2NzJ8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Very nice !!! Looks pretty good too, w.ould like to see some pics of the boot

jmreire wrote: »
    Very nice !!! Looks pretty good too, w.ould like to see some pics of the boot

I'm sure they cleaned it well after dumping the body...

• Advertisement

I'm sure they cleaned it well after dumping the body...

Thats a positive, blood ( and other body fluids ) stains can be right bastards to remove 100%...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Sierra is another blast from the past.....

50883071003_caaf4da751_z.jpg

Gone down in price apparently so maybe not all it's cracked up to be...or possibly didn't sell for the asking. I remember it was for sale for a long long time.

I know anything with a Ford badge from the 80s is going to command crazy money, so maybe I'm just out of the loop, but I remember when this was originally for sale and I thought it was absolutely ludicrous. Now it's for sale again, slightly cheaper, but am I the only one who thinks its still mental money for a 1.6 automatic Sierra?

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Peter T

Id be of the same opinion as you. Sierra cossie reps are making mad money but its happened to everything that's some way insurable as a classic for younger people.

I know anything with a Ford badge from the 80s is going to command crazy money, so maybe I'm just out of the loop, but I remember when this was originally for sale and I thought it was absolutely ludicrous. Now it's for sale again, slightly cheaper, but am I the only one who thinks its still mental money for a 1.6 automatic Sierra?

Exactly, it hasn't sold yet...

And me....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭oceanman

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

oceanman wrote: »

They look terrible.

Still, the award for worst wheels on a Merc clearly is still on this guys mantelpiece.

NFtq1Wk.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

oceanman wrote: »

I am continually amazed at how poor peoples tastes are in wheels. I mean anyone without the same taste as me is clearly just wrong :D

Anyway - I am also amazed just how impactful wheels are to a car, the wrong set can just totally put me off a car.
    I used to laugh at the Channel 4 ~ do up your house to sell programs, stating some weird kitchen colour could put off prospective purchasers - but now I totally get it.

RobAMerc wrote: »
    I am continually amazed at how poor peoples tastes are in wheels. I mean anyone without the same taste as me is clearly just wrong :D

Anyway - I am also amazed just how impactful wheels are to a car, the wrong set can just totally put me off a car.
    I used to laugh at the Channel 4 ~ do up your house to sell programs, stating some weird kitchen colour could put off prospective purchasers - but now I totally get it.

Think of avocado bathrooms...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

In fairness to the seller he acknowledged the gank wheels in stating the originals come with it. If that mileage is genuine it's a fabulous car. IMHO though, a ZV plate would suit it far better.

• Advertisement

In fairness to the seller he acknowledged the gank wheels in stating the originals come with it. If that mileage is genuine it's a fabulous car. IMHO though, a ZV plate would suit it far better.

Feckers to rust too, don't be afraid to get down n dirty if inspecting it especially around the rear quarters.

What would the lads here think is a realistic price for this car, 3-3500 maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

No its definitely worth more than that.

Less than 30k original miles and the metal is spotless. Worth 5 grand all day long. He will get close to his asking of 5995 if he is not in a hurry to sell.

The originality of it is a big draw.

Tzardine wrote: »
    No its definitely worth more than that.

Less than 30k original miles and the metal is spotless. Worth 5 grand all day long. He will get close to his asking of 5995 if he is not in a hurry to sell.

The originality of it is a big draw.

Pity he doesn't give the UK reg. Never any harm to see the MOT history before handing over your sheckles. There was big engined one on DD the other night, it was never mot'd in its entire existence!!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Jeez my eyes, my eyes, somebody make the bad man stop posting these bad bad pictures

About that yeah.

kadman wrote: »
    Jeez my eyes, my eyes, somebody make the bad man stop posting these bad bad pictures

Have you seen my post #7422?? ( or is that the one thats hurting your eyes????:rolleyes:) LOL

Have you seen my post #7422?? ( or is that the one thats hurting your eyes????:rolleyes:) LOL

:eek::eek: You should be banned for bringing that to my attention:D

kadman wrote: »
    :eek::eek: You should be banned for bringing that to my attention:D

No end to man's ingenuity...quite incredible though it may seem..and the rear end..it's a genuine split rear window VW Beetle!!! Wonder what happened to the front end...on second thoughts, maybe better not. 🙄

• Advertisement

No end to man's ingenuity...quite incredible though it may seem..and the rear end..it's a genuine split rear window VW Beetle!!! Wonder what happened to the front end...on second thoughts, maybe better not. ��

Any more horrible classic VW pics and I will look for a cease and desist order:D

Advertisement