Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This weeks Classic Irish bargains that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,049 ✭✭✭CoBo55

slipperyox wrote: »
    Is this the thread to ask what my classic is worth? As about to put it up...

If you're brave enough:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭slipperyox

no pics yet .
    But a very very clean Porsche 944S2. with all belts and rollers replaced.
    200K miles, but you'd need to be told that bit:)

• Registered Users Posts: 65,397 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Manual? Keep it!

On a very steep incline they've been for the last few years and no end in sight. 968 will become vintage soon, but there are very few of those and it's many years before 986/996 are 30

A very clean tested 944 that needs nothing is probably worth over €10k at this stage. Just guessing here, there's very little to compare it with but I doubt I'd be too far off. There's a high miler on DoneDeal for €8k but that seems cheap to me. The 928 shot through that barrier a good few years ago.

No S2 on donedeal at all...

Mine is Fully taxed and tested (2022).
    Absolutely no rust, and used twice a week for when I shop.

I did all the engine work myself (not my first Porsche), and 3 timing belts/chain gets tricky...:eek:

But left the powder coating of wheels, minimal welding, and painting to the pro's.

Not dyno'd, but feels like 200hp:)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,191 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

It's a very nice and probably rare color combo, was it originally UK have you thought of advertising it there, Unkel might be right, tuck it away for a few years.

• Advertisement

Slate Grey with leather "linen" interior.
    options include ABS, headlight washers, electric seats to name a few.

I bought from NI over a year ago, and have driven since, once I did preventative maintenance.

Maybe UK is the way to go

If you want a laugh..

cartell the two reg's after it...

zv50620 and zv50621...:cool:

ABS must have been a rare option. It was standard on my '86 928 S2, I believe the first production car it was standard on :D
    slipperyox wrote: »
    Maybe UK is the way to go

The buyer would have to pay VAT and import duty if you ship it over there.
    So that route is all but closed. Welcome to the brexit, Sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Harcrid

Nice car. Would love to see some more pictures. I have an itch for a 944 after owning a 924 previously and any time they pop up i start trying the justification game in my head to justify buying one but have not managed to do it just yet. :-)

unkel wrote: »
    The buyer would have to pay VAT and import duty if you ship it over there.
    So that route is all but closed. Welcome to the brexit, Sir.

Would they, if it was originally a UK car? Probably still registered with the DVLA over there.

• Advertisement

Would they, if it was originally a UK car? Probably still registered with the DVLA over there.

When a car was registered here, the DVLA was updated by Shannon that the car should be marked as "permanently exported" over there

Not sure what's involved in reversing this process, you might get away with it, I sure would not want to bank on it

In the case of my Tesla, something went wrong obviously on Shannon's end as the DVLA kept writing me stern letters (delivered by Parcel Motel so each of them cost me €3.50 to receive :p) that I needed to either SORN or tax my car :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Harcrid wrote: »
    Nice car. Would love to see some more pictures. I have an itch for a 944 after owning a 924 previously and any time they pop up i start trying the justification game in my head to justify buying one but have not managed to do it just yet. :-)

There was a lovely 944S on DD for a few weeks and I had my (dreamer)eye on it. Ex UK press car.

I wouldn't wait too long if you want one or they will be out of reach. Seems to happen with all Porsches after a certain time, with the only exception the 924, for obvious reasons. I remember when you could pick up an aircooled 911 in reasonable condition for not an awful lot more than €12-14k and that was not that long ago maybe around 2007/2008. Now they are worth a multiple of that.

I wouldn't wait too long if you want one or they will be out of reach. Seems to happen with all Porsches after a certain time, with the only exception the 924, for obvious reasons. I remember when you could pick up an aircooled 911 in reasonable condition for not an awful lot more than €12-14k and that was not that long ago maybe around 2007/2008. Now they are worth a multiple of that.

Can I present that argument to my wife? :D

Just buy the car and then present the argument. I'm being totally serious. Have done it many times before, once you have a track record of buying stuff and selling it on a few years later for considerably more, it will no longer be a challenge

Might have to set up a profit sharing scheme of sorts though or resort to bribes to smooth things over, have done that too with my wife and kids :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Can I present that argument to my wife? :D

The fact that you already have 'wife' & 'argument' in the same sentence doesn't bode well.....:D

Unkel is right..... it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭KevRossi

She: What's a fcuking Porsche 944 doing parked in the driveway?
    He: I won it in a raffle!
    She: You won it??!!!
    He: Sure did!
    She: That's amazing! Well done! I love the car, it's gorgeous.
    He: Glad you like it.
    She: What was the raffle for?
    He: Ehh... someone on boards.ie ... ehh something or other... anyway, let's go for a spin.
    [During the spin]
    She: I love this car. How many tickets were sold in the raffle?
    He: Eh.. just the one.
    She: What? How much was the ticket?
    He: €10,000 :cool:
    She: :mad::mad::mad:
    He: But you love the car, right?

I'm testing the water for you, she thinks I put a deposit on panamera turismo this morning, stormed in there a few minutes ago wondering if I could get the deposit back.
    I'll keep it going for a few more days to see if she comes around.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

You could always make the wife sit through a Powerpoint presentation to persuade her.

Like this guy did when he wanted a Corvette.

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/this-powerpoint-presentation-will-convince-your-wife-that-buying-a-sports-car-is-clever/

I'm testing the water for you, she thinks I put a deposit on panamera turismo this morning, stormed in there a few minutes ago wondering if I could get the deposit back.
    I'll keep it going for a few more days to see if she comes around.

I’ll just tell her I want a Panamera and when she freaks out at the price I’ll go “ok so, you win, I’ll just get a 944”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭oceanman

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/27273698

This was €900 this morning in Cork!

Still an interesting car for not an awful lot of money I suppose

Was this posted already?

Nice looking E32, tax, NCT, asking €7.5k but taking offers

ZjdjMDczNDhmZGMxZmVmYjhlZDliODViYjVjNTE1OWX5X0WXZXv_tXH78GUCa-praHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzAwNzc1MTR8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Linky

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭w124man

Was this posted already?

Thats €7500 too much ..... ZV on an '88 FFS!!

w124man wrote: »
    Thats €7500 too much ..... ZV on an '88 FFS!!

Not that again. The car wasn't Irish back in '88, it was imported at a later date. So no matter what you do to it, what number plate you give it, it will never have an Irish period correct number plate. Even if the form is ok, the numbering will be way off.

Personally I find the year in a license plate vulgar and repulsive, particularly the reason why it was introduced. Even now, 30 odd years later, people in this country still go into debt to buy cars they cannot afford, just to get the latest year in the license plate to keep up with the Joneses. I would do anything to avoid having that.

Isn’t that 7 series the same one that started on Donedeal last year for like €16k?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Was this posted already?

]

I posted it a while ago, here or somewhere else. I can't remember the price, but it was a lot more than that.

I don't have an issue with the ZV, if it meant not getting an 88-D-120xxx number or similar. But I'd have waited for ZV 22730 rather than what he has.

Price is fine for what it is providing it checks out. It doesn't have A/C which would bother me a bit. Leather and elec seats I don't really need, but A/C is a big loss in a bus like that.

Maybe I'm showing my age here, but I've always thought A/C isn't really needed in Ireland. The windows can open, can't they? :p

The only place where I ever really wanted A/C and hadn't got it was in the south of France about 30 years ago in a FIAT Uno during a heat wave in July when temps were 45C and just driving around with the windows open didn't do the trick.

And yeah, if you could get the E32 for €6-6.5k you'd get a lot of car for the money, it looks lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭oceanman

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/27273698

This was €900 this morning in Cork!

Still an interesting car for not an awful lot of money I suppose
    whoever got it for the 900 paid about all its worth..

• Advertisement

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/austin-a35-/27270942

YjYwMGYyODRjMjZiZGU3MzQ2NDFlYzg0OTMzMDE4OGNahzNk_sHKpCgZTW1dPkgdaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzE0NDQzNTV8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

I owned this about six years ago. I got it from a garden with a 74 (I think) Vauxhall VX4/90 for very cheap

Paintjob was my doing, with the very same inspiration from the last photo in the ad. I sold it to a chap who was going to put 1275 Midget running gear in it. It was a very solid little car, few bits of wob here and there but a really nice base. The reg is 58-TS-xx, must dig out pictures

Advertisement