Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This weeks Classic Irish bargains that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

kaizersoze wrote: »

Yep that's mine, labour of love.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,044 ✭✭✭CoBo55

ba_barabus wrote: »
    Yep that's mine, labour of love.

It's beautiful, decent bobs too, as Derek says on bangers & cash, find another one.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭supersaint3

It is ab fab... but you have to find another person who'll love it as much... Its niche...!

It is ab fab... but you have to find another person who'll love it as much... Its niche...!

Absolutely niche. I've 2 cars for sale and if one sells the other can stay. It surprises me how much attention it gets. Lots of lads tell me it was their first car and how much they loved it. I'm still fiddling with it too. Not happy with the rear pads on the brakes after taking it out of winter storage so ordering new ones Tuesday.

Absolutely niche. I've 2 cars for sale and if one sells the other can stay. It surprises me how much attention it gets. Lots of lads tell me it was their first car and how much they loved it. I'm still fiddling with it too. Not happy with the rear pads on the brakes after taking it out of winter storage so ordering new ones Tuesday.

Are parts hard to get?

• Advertisement

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Are parts hard to get?

Nope not at all, Renault have a habit of using parts on multiple models for multiple generations. The R19 is a Clio underneath, which morphed into a Clio 2 and a Megane which morphed into a Twingo and Duster/Sandero!

Parts numbers often cross reference with Nissan too.

The only parts which is made of unobtainium is the rubber window surrounds for the doors which has a habit of bubbling.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

given the amount of work that seems to have been done to this, I think this could be a bit of a bargain. Depends on current actual state and quality of work of course, but there has been time and $$ spent

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/jaguar-xj6-series-2/27942339

MmM0ZDI1NzA3ZDNjMDhmYzBiMjY1ODM1N2JhYjBiMDCDI_wMrRyKrqT2dcWQ2zEoaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzg0MTY4NDl8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/ford-cortina/28012315

What

Has to be worth that for a few parts alone ?!

Must be getting a lot of interest. Asking gone from €400 to €1000

YjcxOTMwOGE4M2QyN2Q2ODBiN2EzM2MyNTkxODc1NzIr7PK3QM4neGEflFX6F5rzaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzkxNzYyMTF8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭ccmp

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/27391809
    Been for sale a while now. Think it might have been posted here before. For that money I’d expect a fresh nct.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭oceanman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭KevRossi

oceanman wrote: »

I was just about to post that. It's cheap, but it's the non-turbo Auto with cloth seats so could be a Jap import. A fair few cheap mods on it too, so I'd be worried about it having been abused in the past.

No NCT for over a year. It's worth a couple of grand more with an NCT, so could be due something big. Worth a call or a look I suppose if you're in the market for something like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Must be getting a lot of interest. Asking gone from €400 to €1000

YjcxOTMwOGE4M2QyN2Q2ODBiN2EzM2MyNTkxODc1NzIr7PK3QM4neGEflFX6F5rzaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzkxNzYyMTF8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg
    €4000 - description says they originally left out a zero

• Registered Users Posts: 8,386 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Nope not at all, Renault have a habit of using parts on multiple models for multiple generations. The R19 is a Clio underneath, which morphed into a Clio 2 and a Megane which morphed into a Twingo and Duster/Sandero!
    Yeah, lots of sharing of mechanical parts and even the platforms are often evolutions. I think the Mk1 Clio is based on the Super 5 which is based on the 9/11.

The Megane Mk1 is also very obviously based on the 19.

I'm not sure if the 19 is based on an older model, it looks like it may be an evolution of the 9 - the way the front inner wings flare out behind the headlights looks like the car may have evolved from a narrower model like the 9/11

I think the Clio II was an all new platform but still shared lots of mechanical parts with other models.

BrianD3 wrote: »
    Yeah, lots of sharing of mechanical parts and even the platforms are often evolutions. I think the Mk1 Clio is based on the Super 5 which is based on the 9/11.

The Megane Mk1 is also very obviously based on the 19.

I'm not sure if the 19 is based on an older model, it looks like it may be an evolution of the 9 - the way the front inner wings flare out behind the headlights looks like the car may have evolved from a narrower model like the 9/11

I think the Clio II was an all new platform but still shared lots of mechanical parts with other models.
    Thats pretty much it. The 19 is essentially a Clio underneath but bigger. Or if I'm being more correct, the Clio is a 19 underneath as it came out after. Renault mechanical snd service parts are always an easy find.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Always thought Megane 1 even just looked like a facelift of the 19. Interesting that all that can be traced back to the 9. Eurpoean COTY 1982 but not so you'd notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭oceanman

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/toyota-crown/28018922

51157998215_f8c732b05d_z.jpg

51157998175_aec0dc407a_z.jpg

51156224862_b7eb80f505_z.jpg

51157675794_1ac9b1a1a5_z.jpg

Not much of a looker, but this is incredibly cool IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

They're not seats, they're armchairs

• Registered Users Posts: 8,386 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Always thought Megane 1 even just looked like a facelift of the 19. Interesting that all that can be traced back to the 9. Eurpoean COTY 1982 but not so you'd notice.
    Yes, the Megane Mk1 is basically a rounder, safer, roomier 19 with better interior plastics, the cars are very similar to drive and have a similar "stance" on the road. Not a facelift but easy to see why someone might think that. The 19 is much more closely related to the Megane than the 9 is to the 19 IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭slipperyox

Not to mention I don't think you have any comeback from damage in transit

• Advertisement

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I've been eyeing up some odd looking jap barges over the last month or so. Shipping prices have gone through the roof lately though :(

It's a lovely barge.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,963 ✭✭✭✭elperello

A matching pair :).

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/2-punto-sport/28011100

A first for me anyway and possibly future classics.

A bargain for those IMO

elperello wrote: »

First car I ever drove with a 6 speed box, if you've somewhere to put them they're a bargain they can only increase in value from now on.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

The 02 Punto with 11000 km, has had a hard short life at 11k.

The drivers seat is well shagged for such low mileage.What else is.
    Methinks there may be something afoot;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

elperello wrote: »

surefire future classics and cracking little cars. I think this colour is also the best colour to have ( even if I dont like it myself ! )

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭sharpish

kadman wrote: »
    The 02 Punto with 11000 km, has had a hard short life at 11k.

The drivers seat is well shagged for such low mileage.What else is.
    Methinks there may be something afoot;)

Surely not! A punto of all things never heard of that before :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

I sold a seicento a few years ago that we purchased from the first owner
    with 14km.

It was 120k when we sold it, and it had a better looking interior and nct than those old puntos:)

Now you’ll pay €2000 for a good Cinquecento or Seicento Sporting though

A grand for both of those Puntos is a bargain. So the seat looks a little stressed, the bolsters on those sears are huge in the first place so it’s not uncommon for them to wear there.

I used to buy Puntos and Seicentos galore about 6 or 7 years ago for half nothing, and many of those were Sportings. No hope of them ever stopping that low again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,381 ✭✭✭con747

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

Advertisement