Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This weeks Classic Irish bargains that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

This is the working version of your link above:
    http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201610088570172

I'm partial to Bundt alloys though. Any SL would need to have them for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭PaulK_CCI

very clean, but they should change the headlight reflector of the rhd side front headlight :angel:

• Registered Users Posts: 36,050 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/1996-audi-a6-classic/14728805

YmFjNjkyNmJlMjdhZDJhYTQxYjJhNjNkZjQ1MWFkMTT_C8KgDw2qNvsg657S8YC1aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182OTU1MjY1NXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Audi
    A future classic
    Full history

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Looks to be in great condition. No NCT and uncertain insurance coverage would make it a risk, though.

Also, while it's a good car, I'd be hesitant in calling it a future classic unless just getting old makes something classic. They were everywhere in the 90's, and still plenty on the road now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

• Advertisement

Dades wrote: »
    Also, while it's a good car, I'd be hesitant in calling it a future classic unless just getting old makes something classic. They were everywhere in the 90's, and still plenty on the road now.

A 1980 bread and butter Kadett is a classic in just the same way as that A6 will be in the future; i.e - a classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

Duke, that Austin caught my eye earlier today, nice car,original Irish,and not expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 14,966 ✭✭✭✭elperello

This one made me sit up and take notice, a Bristol 401 no less.

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/vintage-car/14756348

And he has a Fiat 850 coupe as well.

Some confusion whether location is Limerick or Donegal but wherever he his I like his style!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

elperello wrote: »

Some confusion whether location is Limerick or Donegal but wherever he his I like his style!

Wouldn't particularly like the restoration costs on that beast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Zoo4m8

elperello wrote: »

Or lack of it! Have just come across this ad, got my attention as well. First impression is someone selling a couple of cars he has been fortunate enough to trip over.
    Making no effort with the Bristol..at least wash it down.. I suppose as there is no mention of its mechanical condition it may well not be running and if it had engine problems the bills would very quickly start to mount up.
    I would still love it though, but with two projects on the go already I'm determined not to think about it anymore in case I give in and lift the phone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,966 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Zoo4m8 wrote: »
    Or lack of it! Have just come across this ad, got my attention as well. First impression is someone selling a couple of cars he has been fortunate enough to trip over.
    Making no effort with the Bristol..at least wash it down.. I suppose as there is no mention of its mechanical condition it may well not be running and if it had engine problems the bills would very quickly start to mount up.
    I would still love it though, but with two projects on the go already I'm determined not to think about it anymore in case I give in and lift the phone!

You are probably right!
    Discretion being ... etc
    However I think it would be nice to just get that Bristol running and leave the body as it is. I can just imagine the old crinkly leather interior.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

I really don't know what you see in it to be honest, or any Bristol for that matter bar maybe the fighter.
    Looks like the love child of a BMW 501 and a Morris minor.

Make no mistake, wether you like them or think they're pug-ugly, the Bristol is a rare beast and has a strong, enthousiast following with deep pockets... 
    After WW2 Bristol together with Frazer-Nash acquired the license to build cars based on BMW technology so not only did they copy chassis and engine from the BMW 327/328 but Bristol also unashamedly copied the body of the BMW 327 as well for their 400. 
    There were only 611 Bristol 401's built, and they go for strong money so even a rough one like this, won't come cheap...

Forgot to add: these are aluminium bodied cars, so the body can appear to be totally solid, with chassis and interior and all the other bits totally disintegrated :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

kev1.3s wrote: »
    I really don't know what you see in it to be honest, or any Bristol for that matter bar maybe the fighter.
    Looks like the love child of a BMW 501 and a Morris minor.

It has great lines, other then breadvan roof profile. From many angles its a cool shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

^^^ a rare survivor! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Zoo4m8

Silvera wrote: »
    ^^^ a rare survivor! :)

Indeed, I drove one back in the day, same colour but missing the large rust hole just below the swage line in the left front wing, there was always something growing in the hole so much so that the car got the nickname 'weed', nothing to do with the smell inside! :)
    They had a reputation for not starting on wet mornings but never had any bother with mine. They also liked to pop front lower ball joints and mine duly obliged one day right outside the front door!
    Nice to see a clean example..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

my uncle from waterford had one and I remember the sound out of it scared the bejaysus out of me for some reason - I used to call it "the angry car".

My Dad had a 2.0 Opel Rekord "Berlina" that was v flash looking but he hated. One day while "following" ;) my uncle home he left us for dead - (both ex hill climb drivers ) Dad in the Reckord just couldnt keep into the Fiat on the twisties and the bigger engine of the Rekord didnt help much either.

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/custom-volksrod-beetle/14267722

MDY4MzExMjE2YjY5ZDE2MzUyM2ViMzAxOGRiNjcwZjVJ1heAPSTDbZMnzM4-bUrlaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182OTU3NjkyMHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Its back and somehow two grand dearer from the same seller!? :confused:
    Trust me I'm well aware of all the interest and value

Hm hm hm. For sale months now and been through at least one auction :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

Zoo4m8 wrote: »
    Indeed, I drove one back in the day, same colour but missing the large rust hole just below the swage line in the left front wing, there was always something growing in the hole so much so that the car got the nickname 'weed', nothing to do with the smell inside! :)
    They had a reputation for not starting on wet mornings but never had any bother with mine. They also liked to pop front lower ball joints and mine duly obliged one day right outside the front door!
    Nice to see a clean example..

My father had a dark blue Fiat 124 Estate back in the 80's. It had a tan velour interior and was in mint condition...BUT...it was the most unreliable car he ever owned! He sold it on after a few months and I was sad to see it go - it was the best-condition car he had owned to that point-in-time! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭w124man

That's just silly!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Two and a half grand!
    And no mention of a brown logbook!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭kyote00

No rips in the seats...

250 max for parts !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Even if it included the trailer and the jeep pulling it, it would be too dear...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭kyote00

800,004 km ....
    It literally has been to the moon and back :cool:
    kaizersoze wrote: »
    Even if it included the trailer and the jeep pulling it, it would be too dear...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

YmNjNjQwOTVkMDFmMzg1OGE3YWU4OTA1NDlmM2QyOTNNGqp_8Nq30LgJ47RI57SkaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182OTk5MDY4MXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeghttps://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/nissan-bluebird-president-vip/14807304

Not sure if this counts as a 'bargain' interesting though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

look at the length of the boot lid and there is f all knee room in the back!

seems to be all about having as much metal in the car as possible :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,373 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

RobAMerc wrote: »
    look at the length of the boot lid and there is f all knee room in the back!

Plenty of space in there for the average height Asian "President" :)

Advertisement