Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This weeks Classic Irish bargains that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭vjmcdonnell

80sDiesel wrote: »
    ZmI3MTM0OTdjOGI4NzdiMDBlM2I1ZDc0YjlmNTIzYTaxP1KgEdnB3991aaM68T2gaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b183ODUzNTc3Mnx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Another Diesel
    Confused by this one. Alot of work gone into it . Thought it would be a GTI.

9k for a diesel Golf, having a laugh if he thinks he will get that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭w124man

80sDiesel wrote: »
    ZmI3MTM0OTdjOGI4NzdiMDBlM2I1ZDc0YjlmNTIzYTaxP1KgEdnB3991aaM68T2gaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b183ODUzNTc3Mnx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Another Diesel
    Confused by this one. Alot of work gone into it . Thought it would be a GTI.

Bit of a mix and match from the VW parts bin! It seems to have a 1Z diesel in it to push it along and at least it isn't rusty

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭hamburg

w124man wrote: »
    Bit of a mix and match from the VW parts bin! It seems to have a 1Z diesel in it to push it along and at least it isn't rusty

Would that rear number plate pass the nct ? Also is it a prerequisite on the modding scene to be totally colour blind? I remember years ago I got a severe chest infection and the stuff I used to cough up was the same colour as that golf mk2.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Testacalda

11wingnut wrote: »

It is a 7y all right, but I have never seen a tourer body one like that :rolleyes:! She got the chop perhaps? :D

Still might be ok value for someone at €1750. Depending on condition and completeness. Body would put me off though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Testacalda wrote: »
    11wingnut wrote: »

It is a 7y all right, but I have never seen a tourer body one like that :rolleyes:! She got the chop perhaps? :D

Still might be ok value for someone at €1750. Depending on condition and completeness. Body would put me off though

Would be fine if the body was "customised" in period. If he had pics of it looking like that from years ago it shouldn't affect value. Looks like something that might have been done in the 50's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

I'm pretty sure there was a 7Y tourer. Maybe this is one. No????

• Registered Users Posts: 40,425 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

The same body as this?

63e31ae8b286a72359906f0782ada7eb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Testacalda

red sean wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure there was a 7Y tourer. Maybe this is one. No????

Correct, there were a small few 7y tourers made, but not many compared with other models, like the Y. A genuine 7y tourer wouldn't have saloon style doors, they would curve down at the top. The very early E04a Tourers did have flat top doors, but most were curve top too ( :pac: NERD!)

But it might have been a period conversion as suggested. Who knows what the story is! Maybe it is the real McCoy, but I'd have my doubts

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/ford-sierra-for-sale/16346377

MWVmNGM2YTdlNDA5NGM2ZGU3ZmRmZjY2ZTY3NjE0ZWO2rMsx4Zja7ZbJRHsIs04haHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b183OTQzODk3OXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Tried many times to buy this car over the years. It sat locally in a communal parking area for 10 years. Never heard anything from an owner. Don't know how someone from the other side of the city got it!

• Advertisement

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/1985-austin-maestro-v-plas/16380487

YThmZDNhMmMyMDM3M2FkMjA2MTNmYmM0MmQ5YjE0M2Wn4IXNstMMNRpGqHZR4JiEaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b183OTc4MTgwN3x8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

10k miles! I reckon you'd have this landed here and legal for less than two grand

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭kyote00

^ My head reminds me of how bad these were back in the day .... but I'd still have it for 2k (if I had 2k)

Dashboard is very retro cool....

kyote00 wrote: »
    ^ My head reminds me of how bad these were back in the day .... but I'd still have it for 2k (if I had 2k)

Dashboard is very retro cool....

It says an awful lot about 80's electronics that the dash looks to be in full working order, when you consider how many newer cars have electronic dash problems nowadays - it certainly must be better than the electronics Audi put in the TT!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

to be fair there is a considerable difference between what it takes to display the fuel level vs radar guided cruise control or self driving.

I'd also doubt too many of these were reliable for too long ( the rest of the car wasn't ! :D )

RobAMerc wrote: »
    to be fair there is a considerable difference between what it takes to display the fuel level vs radar guided cruise control or self driving.

I'd also doubt too many of these were reliable for too long ( the rest of the car wasn't ! :D )

True enough, what I was getting at though is that lots of new cars suffer from the old "dead pixel" effect - this thing, which was designed and built for half nothing, seems to have held out remarkably well!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/1985-austin-maestro-v-plas/16380487

YThmZDNhMmMyMDM3M2FkMjA2MTNmYmM0MmQ5YjE0M2Wn4IXNstMMNRpGqHZR4JiEaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b183OTc4MTgwN3x8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

10k miles! I reckon you'd have this landed here and legal for less than two grand

But then you'll be down 2 grand and left with a maestro.

I remember them from when I was a chap, we wouldn't even rally them round the fields, they were awful

• Registered Users Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Oh now it was a step into the 80s from the
    all agro. Plus it's a VDP. Certainly has retro cool charm today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

Well thats a case of

'To damm with faint praise'

Better than an allegro, thats a low bar

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭Greybottle

Well it's not the infamous 'i feel like I've been **** upon' Clubman Diesel version.

The digital dash working is seriously rare. Always a point in any car that had them: E Kadett, Quattro, Lagonda, they all had dodgy digital dashes.

The B Senator was one of the few reliable ones out there and working ones today are rare.

I put this in the Luxobarge thread, but it deserves a mention here IMO.

I didn't like these when they came out, but they've grown on me a bit. Still looks bloated. Beautifully built, though this one is a bit shabby it is cheap. Taxed till April 2018, so that's €1,000 off the price in theory. It's interesting alright as a rolling resto.

€2,950. NCT 02/18

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mercedes-cl-420/15834985

NTRjNjViMjBjZWNiNzA3ZTY3NTRiMzRmOTZhM2RiOTWcIeWL6iyrVbfHXnCAs-SwaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b183NTg0MjEzMnx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

• Advertisement

One of the first cars that I learned to drive in was a Regatta and I fondly remember them. Ours was an 85 I think, beige in colour MZV 565 IIRC. It was also the first car that I was let drive on my own on the roads aged 15 (a bit mad when you think of it now).

I liked it, as it was the first newish car that we owned in a long time so we didn't have to worry about it not starting at random (Vauxhall Viva) or disintegrating on the road (K20 and K30 Corolla's).

It had a gearbox that was liked sticking a rubber stick into a box of rubber bits. The only good way to find first was to stick it in secone and in one swift move push it up into first. It's a habit that I have today, 30 years later. I don't notice myself doing it, but when others mention it I'm always reminded of the Regatta.

I think they also had an Eco version with a stop-start system for the city, which was 25 years ahead of the Germans, though I could be wrong on that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 John_Snow

How nice is this

My uncle had one of those along with an orange Fiat 127 Sport, :)

Greybottle wrote: »
    I think they also had an Eco version with a stop-start system for the city, which was 25 years ahead of the Germans, though I could be wrong on that.

Being a Fiat, that was probably just a bad connection somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭LariToper

came from a hot climate
    Does this imply that it came from Malta at some stage? Hardly got shipped further afield and then onto the north.

Had a loaner Regata Turbo Diesel Weekend at one point.
    Driving it was a laugh - Lag Lag Lag then bang, unreal acceleration for about 600rpm before the red line @4500 rpm, grab the next gear back into Lag Lag Lag - it was a hoot to drive I must say.

If memory serves me correctly these were the First cars built by robots in Fiat ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

RobAMerc wrote: »
    Had a loaner Regata Turbo Diesel Weekend at one point.
    Driving it was a laugh - Lag Lag Lag then bang, unreal acceleration for about 600rpm before the red line @4500 rpm, grab the next gear back into Lag Lag Lag - it was a hoot to drive I must say.

If memory serves me correctly these were the First cars built by robots in Fiat ?

Was that not the ritmo?

Uno was built in the new robot factory and had the FIRE engine. It came out the year before the Regata or thereabouts.

Another excellent car from FIAT. Very rare these days. Turbo I.e. was mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Uno was built in the new robot factory and had the FIRE engine. It came out the year before the Regata or thereabouts.

The Uno was built on the Rivalta production line, using robots, just as the Ritmo had been. The difference being the engine was now also assembled by robots too.

• Advertisement

The Uno was fairly ground breaking in terms of light weigth body and economy.
    Many of Fiat products were brilliantly engineered and poorly built - maybe the Cassino plant had something to do with that - but alot of Fiats downfall was down to poor management. Its a pity people only remember the poor reliability.
    FIAT's ( and even more so Lancia ) deserve much more.

Advertisement