Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This weeks Classic Irish bargains that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭w124man

I’d like to know what kind of business Deane Motors are doing, i.e are most of their customers Irish or do they come from further afield? They seem to have come out of nowhere within the last year or so, and are obviously trying to appeal to a certain class of buyer.

They always have amazing stock

Most of his interesting stuff goes back to the UK and he claims the VRT back. That E500 that he had at the RDS went back to the UK for a lot less than he was trying flog it for here

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Bus Boy

A fool and his money are soon parted...

• Registered Users Posts: 65,372 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Bus Boy wrote: »
    A fool and his money are soon parted...

What makes you say that? Do you know something we don't? Is the car sold?

I wouldn't have expected anyone to pay anything like what he is asking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Has anyone been to see this?
    Seems like it's been on my DD watch list for months.

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/92-citroen-xm-estate-diesel/14142549

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

ELM327 wrote: »
    Has anyone been to see this?
    Seems like it's been on my DD watch list for months.

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/92-citroen-xm-estate-diesel/14142549

Been on mine too and I wondered the same.

• Advertisement

Hasn't had an NCT for many years. And it's not like he's giving it away. No room for negotiation either.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Well to be fair no one would turn away €950 for that tbh. "No negotiation" doesnt mean none at all.

If I had anywhere to put that I'd have bought it already. The thrills of living in an apartment with a managed car park.

You'd have bought it without an NCT or at least a fail sheet? You can thank that managed car park for probably having saved you a fortune :p

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭supervento

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

• Advertisement

its vintage tho... €200 vrt and €56 road tax

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Love the velour interior!

But those fugly bumpers look like they were designed for the US market.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,965 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Dades wrote: »
    Love the velour interior!

But those fugly bumpers look like they were designed for the US market.

The whole thing was designed for the US market but I wouldn't hold that against it.:)

If that car is as good as it looks then it's a keeper if I ever saw one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Piss still being taken by someone in Waterford about their still unsold Merc 300 T, It's a nice car by the looks of it but he's dropped the price once from 5500 to 5250 in the three months I've been aware of it.

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/mercedes-benz-te300/18849507

The penny has dropped (twice) and it's now verging on tempting if you can swing the insurance as a daily driver. it would be ideal for me but I just can't afford the running costs esp as it's a petrol model :(

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Lovely car, is an LPG conversion here a sensible option??

The penny has dropped (twice) and it's now verging on tempting if you can swing the insurance as a daily driver. it would be ideal for me but I just can't afford the running costs esp as it's a petrol model :(

€3,800 is a bargain for that car!

What's your annual mileage? If it is that high that petrol costs would bother you, then you probably won't be able to get it on a classic policy either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Ah I'm only musing really - I'm back on the road a year and a bit under my own insurance having been without a car for 6/7 years so I'm paying through the nose as it is on a Nissan Note 1.4, which in truth does the job with the seats down. It would need to be a daily driver, sure can't afford two policies!

Yeah with only a very short NCB, you probably wouldn't qualify for classic insurance. I briefly looked into LPGing my daily driver 6-cylinder petrol early 00s BMW about 5 years ago and the conversion would have been 1100 at the very least. Probably a bit more now. It would have taken me quite a long time to break even (I did fairly low miles) and don't forget getting LPG is a hassle as very few places do it. You also need to maintain an extra fuelling system

If you do a high mileage, it might be worth doing. It might pay for itself within the year.

Good value if it’s genuine and fairly rust free....

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/ford-sierra/20026348

• Registered Users Posts: 14,965 ✭✭✭✭elperello

This looks like the real deal.
    You won't see many like it.

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/beetle/20088592

• Advertisement

X1/9 £1750

In the North

Sounds like an honest ad. Lots of work done.

NGQ5OWZkMjE3NzE5N2IzYjYwN2M3YTA3ODkwYWI5ZTfvdSODhldBQcY4NIOE0bkraHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMDY3MTAzMTB8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Linky

unkel wrote: »

€3,800 is a bargain for that car!

What's your annual mileage? If it is that high that petrol costs would bother you, then you probably won't be able to get it on a classic policy either
    Piss still being taken by someone in Waterford about their still unsold Merc 300 T, It's a nice car by the looks of it but he's dropped the price once from 5500 to 5250 in the three months I've been aware of it.

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/mercedes-benz-te300/18849507

Ad now gone... assume it’s finally sold

The market is very slow and it doesn't help if you're away from Dublin. €5.5k was clearly too much, but I feel €3.8k was a bargain for that W124!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/1983-ford-granada-estate-2-8-ghia/20130403

MDQxNzEyZWZkMzQxOWFiMmEwNTM0N2MwYTIxYzIwMzilzxkDSC6fOAnLsDWFfdo6aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMTEzMzkxNTh8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

No NCT for the last two years, but this looks very nice for the money. €3k isn't a bad price if it isn't totally fcuked

2.8i Ghia estate

No NCT for the last two years

No NCT for well over 10 years.

83 D 120011, April 8 2016 according to my screen

From ncts.ie

44731360914_ec8221d3d2_c.jpg

Blimey, it came up with Friday, April 8th, 2008 for me earlier! Just ran it now and it shows the same as your screenshot.

Car is not taxed either though (only €56 for the year) and the other cars he has for sale are bangers.

I know I could be completely wrong here, but I don't get a good vibe off this ad...

Edit - just checked with your nifty way and it was last taxed 4 years ago. Not good when it is only €56 to tax for the year. By all means, someone go and look and report back here. Me, I wouldn't bother.

I hate to be pedantic but its actually only out of tax 10 months (December 2017) :P

I 100% recognise the car from being on DoneDeal before but it could be from 6 months or 6 years ago.

The tints and extra chrome do it no favours, but I still say it looks vey nice for the money. Almost too nice, the only other similar vintage Grandads on DD at the minute with prices shown are over double what the above is asking

I hate to be pedantic but its actually only out of tax 10 months (December 2017) :P

You are not being pedantic at all! It's imperative to know the tax / NCT details about a car before even going out to see it, particularly when the owner is shy about it, or worse, plain lying

What gets me is that very, very few Irish people seem to know where to check if a car is taxed and / or tested

And almost none of the vintage cars for sale on DoneDeal that need an NCT, have an NCT :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭oceanman

Advertisement