Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This weeks Classic Irish bargains that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

oldsmokey wrote: »
    I love alfas, but hafta ask...why?whats thst cars value after all?

I got to drive one of these a few years back and it was fantastic. While it wouldn't be the Alfa I would rush out to restore, it was for someone and obviously meant a lot to that person at the time to go to all that effort and expense.

Each to their own I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 65,373 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

oldsmokey wrote: »
    I love alfas, but hafta ask...why?whats thst cars value after all?

Hard to say. That car wouldn't be appreciated much in this country due to our €1500 motor tax. My best mate has his silver near mint 916 (also with the glorious 3l 24V Giuseppe Busso) in long term storage (not in this country). I think he has it insured for a guaranteed value of €10k

He also had a red Busso 12V Spider which I greatly enjoyed driving a few years ago on northern Italian mountain roads. Where else? :D

That said, my own Porsche Boxster, worth less than either, is a far superior drivers car.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Where did those lads come out of all of a sudden? They certainly know how to market themselves anyhow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Fantastic stupid car that only the Italians would come with :) Pity about the left hook.

This Deane Motors crowd must be the plaything of a lotto winner, it would be damned hard to get a business loan based on the idea of shifting expensive classic cars that include a Lancia for 27k.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

I have to say, that Lancia has all the hallmarks of a true classic.

I think 27k might seem cheap for that in a short few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Where did those lads come out of all of a sudden? They certainly know how to market themselves anyhow.

I think they were involved with bikes before they started selling cars. Their website says they are main agents for Herald Motor Co.

Be interesting to know how many of their cars go to Irish buyers and how many go abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

RobAMerc wrote: »

I think that's what all current integrale owners are saying now.
    I remember looking at a navy 16v a few short years ago for €9k.
    what's that car worth now?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

RobAMerc wrote: »

I think that's what all current integrale owners are saying now.
    I remember looking at a navy 16v a few short years ago for €9k.
    what's that car worth now?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

I think they were involved with bikes before they started selling cars. Their website says they are main agents for Herald Motor Co.

Be interesting to know how many of their cars go to Irish buyers and how many go abroad.

They seem to be sourcing them all from abroad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,966 ✭✭✭✭elperello

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/ford-capri-mk-1-gt-v6/20245004

Not too many of these around and seems to be in good nick.
    LHD against it but at that price worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

We could be looking at a lot more LHD classics here in Ireland if Brexit comes in to play.

Are we making the switch? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭oldsmokey

It's right down there with ironical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

A very unusual Dino Quattrovalvole was used in the Lancia Thema 8.32. It was based on the 308 QV's engine, but used a cross-plane crankshaft rather than the Ferrari-type flat-plane. The engine was constructed by Ducati rather than Ferrari,[citation needed] and was produced from 1986 through 1991.
    The above is from Wikipedia. It's down a bit on power compared to the actual Ferrari engines from that era.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭KevRossi

pablo128 wrote: »
    The above is from Wikipedia. It's down a bit on power compared to the actual Ferrari engines from that era.

Just over 200 bhp. Why? Because quite simply the technology was not there at the time to accommodate more power to a FWD car. Anymore power and it would be lost in smoke.

The similar 164 Q4 had 230 bhp on the same platform but had 4WD as it couldn't handle that amount of power on 2WD.

Lancia also had a 200bhp Thema turbo, easily tuned to 250 bhp but it just burns tyres.

The 308/328 engines are very reliable anyway, running them on 200 bhp with modified parts gave them even better longetivity and longer service intervals.

Quirky car for sure obviously mainly because of the Ferrari V8 engine. It always was a classic even when new and it always will be. But if I had over €20k to spend on a classic, I certainly wouldn't buy a Lancia Thema 8.32

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭skibum

• Registered Users Posts: 22,280 ✭✭✭✭Esel

elperello wrote: »
    https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/ford-capri-mk-1-gt-v6/20245004

Not too many of these around and seems to be in good nick.
    LHD against it but at that price worth a look.

Engine Size 6.0 litre :)

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,966 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Esel wrote: »
    Engine Size 6.0 litre :)

I saw that. Sack the copy writer.

He also has a nice Transit if anyone is thinking of starting a band. :)

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/ford-transit-mark-2-1979/20251311?campaign=3

Dear God, okay it's horrid manual but still...

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/190e-mercedes/20303596

Crazy price!

Reminds me I'd better get my own 190E back up for sale. Took it for a spin earlier this evening. What a pleasant and relaxing drive it is.

Well it's had loads spent on it but the result is an aesthetic horror show (and it's a manual, a point that cannot be overemphasised!) Smoked indicators and repeaters on white? Noooo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭TigerTim

Well it's had loads spent on it but the result is an aesthetic horror show (and it's a manual, a point that cannot be overemphasised!) Smoked indicators and repeaters on white? Noooo!

That is horrendous.

T.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭RR3.5

Everyone to their own or life would be very boring

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Ok so breaking the rules a little - its not Irish, but it is a classic and IMO a bargain. I would say this would be such fun - 4WD too.

https://www.pjsautoworld.com/vehicles/53/1986-subaru-sambar

Great site to browse through if you like american classics.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭KevRossi

3 W124 Coupes, all with NCT. I'm on the lookout for one of these. Last two of these are original Irish going by the reg plate.

Great colours, great spec, lovely alloys, shame its a manual.

1996 220CE, 03/19, €2500
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mercedes-coupe-124-220e/20246573
    ZWU5ODczNmUwM2EwNTliYThkMGYwN2NmZmQ3YjljM2PL9otaU1Nc9pOUoYUdVLMeaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMTIxNjc0NzZ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Original Irish, shame about the colour, I never liked this colour on a Merc.

1995, 220CE, 04/19, €2,150
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mercedes-e220-coupe/19946704

ZjI0OTU3NTk2ZWNhZTU0ZDE0OTY1OTcyMWUxNDkwOWPMhmH-vyF_4fxp7-eu42w6aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMDk5NDc4MzR8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Great colours again, higher price at €4,250

1995 220CE, 08/19

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mercedes-e-class-coupe/19780953
    N2Y4MDIxZjQ1MTVlYWRjZmRiYjJlYTQ4YTJkYzE3YzAT_HI0-AF0onwaptj0yb53aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMDg3NTc3ODl8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

I'm liking the first one. Monoblocks are my favourite wheels. Like you say, shame it's a manual :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Can someone educate me as to why the manual on a merc is so poorly regarded.

I ask as my merc knowledge could be written on a stamp with a felt marker:D

Advertisement