Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This weeks Classic Irish bargains that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭skibum

unkel wrote: »
    I put up my W201 190E for sale again this evening. It was sold very close to my asking price in October, but the buyer pulled out. December is not the best time of year to sell a classic car, but I no longer drive it much, so it should go to a new home sooner rather than later!

Linky

Timeless, classic and seriously cool....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

I put up my W201 190E for sale again this evening]

Interesting how you're named after a BMW. :P (Sorry couldn't resist.. :o )

Best of luck with the sale by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,376 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

job seeker wrote: »
    Interesting how you're named after a BMW. :P

Am I?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Am I?

Sellers name is listed as 318Ci

Ah!

That was the last car I had for sale on Done Deal. Didn't sell it in the end but swapped it for a Jaguar S-type 3l V6 petrol auto :D

• Advertisement

Have you still got the Boxster too? You’re as bad as me, I’m up to 4 cars here at home at the minute..

Yep Boxster is going strong. Passed NCT first go recently valid until 2020. Taxed for the year and all!

If only I had the space, I would have 20 cars :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Wow, that's some car for 10k !!

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭supervento

Dades wrote: »
    Wow, that's some car for 10k !!

Stunning car...

This is also nice for those on a budget....

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/1988-may-bmw-735i-112k-1-owner-from-new/20342962

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/honda-legend-auto-2-7i-v6-64k-vintage-april-1988/19896395

YzdhODE0ZmM1MDUwZmYxNjdkODMwZDJkY2I1MDFkODE--I6Bsy_K-k5PKZSsGrT2aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMTM2NDY3NjF8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Hmmm, lovely

How long before a certain Dublin-based classic dealer has this priced at a cool €9995? :D

• Advertisement

How long before a certain Dublin-based classic dealer has this priced at a cool €9995? :D

I don't think so. The Legend was never really a desirable car. Would probably struggle to fetch anywhere near GBP3k in the UK. Very interesting is that the car is in London, but the ad is on an Irish site and directly aimed at potential Irish buyers because of the low annual motor tax over here for cars over 30 :D

Just found the car on Car and Classic UK too where the ad doesn't mention the car is in London, but instead the country on the ad is stated as Ireland:

Linky

I don't think so. The Legend was never really a desirable car. Would probably struggle to fetch anywhere near GBP3k in the UK. Very interesting is that the car is in London, but the ad is on an Irish site and directly aimed at potential Irish buyers because of the low annual motor tax over here for cars over 30 :D

Just found the car on Car and Classic UK too where the ad doesn't mention the car is in London, but instead the country on the ad is stated as Ireland:

Linky

Clearly it is aimed at the Irish customer....

Yes never very desirable similar to the likes of the Nissan Laurel & Camry of its day..... compared to the likes of the German marques, i drove a Legend a long while back and it was a fantastic car to drive, really surprised by it at the time. I would go as far as saying it drove better in my opinion than the four speed auto W124 i used to have years ago. The Legend i drove was very smooth and well able to move when you put the foot down.

One thing is for sure is that you wont pass another one if you were driving it down the road....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Teddy Daniels

supervento wrote: »
    Clearly it is aimed at the Irish customer....

Yes never very desirable similar to the likes of the Nissan Laurel & Camry of its day..... compared to the likes of the German marques, i drove a Legend a long while back and it was a fantastic car to drive, really surprised by it at the time. I would go as far as saying it drove better in my opinion than the four speed auto W124 i used to have years ago. The Legend are a little bit bland but it was very smooth and well able to move when you put the foot down.

One thing is for sure is that you wont pass another one if you were driving it down the road....

Id imagine its in Ireland but they owner is worried about the fact it was imported a few years ago to await its thirtieth birthday.
    List it as in Ireland and risk the wrath of Revenue. Wouldn’t happen but it’s like the blocking out of ref plates.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Last remaining V6 Legend on UK roads. 64k on the clock, a big comfy barge like that. Honda reliability. Got to be worth STG 3 grand all day long

It’s definitely not the last remaining one. Numbers from HowManyLeft are wildly inaccurate. In fact there was an identical burgundy one on DoneDeal just a month or two ago.

Still a lovely car though, I’d say it’s not too optimisticly priced. Good MOT history too, no fails or advisories for rust in any of the few tests listed

Id imagine its in Ireland but they owner is worried about the fact it was imported a few years ago to await its thirtieth birthday.
    List it as in Ireland and risk the wrath of Revenue. Wouldn’t happen but it’s like the blocking out of ref plates.

The ad says it is located in London and U.K. contact number also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MrCostington

Lovely thing. I had an Accord back in the 90's so would be in Tom Canavans in East Wall a bit, which was a Honda dealer then, they had a Legend in the showroom I'd drool over lol. That and there was short lived TV ad featuring Senna and the Legend (which may have been for Shell and not the car as it showed him filling up) so added to the appeal for me.

Edit - this is the ad I'm thinking of. That is a Legend coupe and not a Prelude, yes??

Lovely thing. I had an Accord back in the 90's so would be in Tom Canavans in East Wall a bit, which was a Honda dealer then, they had a Legend in the showroom I'd drool over lol. That and there was short lived TV ad featuring Senna and the Legend (which may have been for Shell and not the car as it showed him filling up) so added to the appeal for me.

Edit - this is the ad I'm thinking of. That is a Legend coupe and not a Prelude, yes??

Great nostalgia there...

yes that is a Legend coupe... good video

• Registered Users Posts: 14,968 ✭✭✭✭elperello

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/1999-bmw-520i-e39-genuine-12-800-miles/20514451

Now that's what you call low mileage.
    Looks almost like a new car.
    Must be a keeper for anybody who wants one of that model.

Lovely, the E39 are disappearing fast. Same as the E34 did before it :(

Such a pity we do not have actual pollution based motor tax (levy on fuel), there would be so many more survivors...

• Advertisement

Yeah, that is amazing. Something that you would expect to see advertised by Old Colonel for £19,995 or similar.

It looks properly nice too. I was only thinking recently, you don't see any preface lift e39s around at all anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

It would be interested to see how many services were carried out and what was done and when.

I can bet my breakfast that the car wasn't serviced every year.

Seweryn wrote: »
    It would be interested to see how many services were carried out and what was done and when.

I can bet my breakfast that the car wasn't serviced every year.

Yes any prospective buyer would need to check all that and get a mechanic to give it a good going over.

There is no mention of a current NCT either.

Anyway it looks like a deal is imminent and someone is getting an early Christmas present.:)

elperello wrote: »
    There is no mention of a current NCT either.

NCT expired 5 months ago. You would have thought with that asking price that it would have a valid test...

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Yawlboy

Linky

The car is in London and I'm going to see it tomorrow.......

NCT expired 5 months ago. You would have thought with that asking price that it would have a valid test...

Gone in two days.
    Good luck to the buyer, maybe we will see it at a show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Teddy Daniels

Yawlboy wrote: »
    The car is in London and I'm going to see it tomorrow.......

Cool
    I was thinking it would make a lovley daily

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Yawlboy

Cool
    I was thinking it would make a lovley daily

I bought it so i'll let you know how it goes.

Yawlboy wrote: »
    I bought it so i'll let you know how it goes.

Deadly, did you drive it home?

• Advertisement

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/fiat-super-strada-ritmo-cabriolet-1984/20556326

MjE5Y2Y5ODcwZWYyNmI0ZjhhYjMzOGE5ODI0MmQ2MDjLIXufvlXoOXA_kPh6YTFdaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMTQ0NjI4NDh8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

This would make a nice little runaround for next year's summer months! Pity I'm up to my eyes with cars at the minute..This looks like a decent little car for sub €2k

Advertisement