Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This weeks Classic Irish bargains that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭oceanman

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/fiat-super-strada-ritmo-cabriolet-1984/20556326

MjE5Y2Y5ODcwZWYyNmI0ZjhhYjMzOGE5ODI0MmQ2MDjLIXufvlXoOXA_kPh6YTFdaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY!29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMTQ0NjI4NDh8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

This would make a nice little runaround for next year's summer months! Pity I'm up to my eyes with cars at the minute..This looks like a decent little car for sub €2k

a ritmo and decent don't really go in the one sentence!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,377 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Nice Ritmo, he must have brought it in recently enough as it has a current MOT. Car still on British plates. Wonder what's his reason for sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Yawlboy

Deadly, did you drive it home?

Will be driving it back on Wednesday night. Really clean motor, unbelievable amount of paperwork and very little work needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Any word from Yawlboy? I wonder how it went with the legend? I've done that journey a few times with "sight unseen" deals (usually after a night of drunken ebaying) and its not good for the stress levels. Getting arrested at Dublin port while customs searched a Land Rover I just bought was a low point!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭11wingnut

He has it home.. photo on Facebook irish classic car drivers beside his v6 alfa

• Registered Users Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MrCostington

Clock looks a wee bit off colour

You mean the odometer? In what way?

NCTS.ie says car is scrapped, I've seen the with a few other classics, what's the story with that?

Odd ad and spec for a 280E, manual windows and no wood, was thinking of giving them a call on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭tc20

Odd ad and spec for a 280E, manual windows and no wood, was thinking of giving them a call on that.

Mercedes were known for their spartan interiors - literally everything was an extra, even on range topping models, which the 280E could be considered as. I had an '82 280E which had the 4 x elec windows, elec sunroof, and wood on the centre console, perhaps they freshened up the interior for the later run?
    'tis odd for the add to state electric this & that when it's plain to see that ain't the case.
    Strange too re the NCT status...but if the mileage is genuine, and can be verified, that's a beaut, and not too strong a price either imho (if it all checks out)

Thanks.

Agree re the options, the Germans have always been that way. As you may know from here, I'm looking for one. See 4 in the flesh and many more online, really all after 82 had the wood and electrics. Actually, the ones before 82 are few compared t the later. According to what I've read Merc upped their game big time with rust prevention for the 82 W123.

I'm Dub northsider so might have a look this weekend. Little out of my budget though, have had a very expensive last 6 weeks including insurance for daily so had to dip into 123 fund :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

tc20 wrote: »
    Mercedes were known for their spartan interiors - literally everything was an extra, even on range topping models, which the 280E could be considered as. I had an '82 280E which had the 4 x elec windows, elec sunroof, and wood on the centre console, perhaps they freshened up the interior for the later run?
    'tis odd for the add to state electric this & that when it's plain to see that ain't the case.
    In the 280(C/T)E even the engine rev. counter was extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭tc20

Seweryn wrote: »
    In the 280(C/T)E even the engine rev. counter was extra.

:) - I know, I miss looking at that big clock though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭KevRossi

NCT was done 2 weeks ago and can be done again in 4 weeks. Interior is tatty, but it's a superb daily driver and would suit as a rolling resto.
    The colour doesn't suit some Merc models, but is fine on the W124 Coupe IMO.

1995 Merc CE220, 04/19, €2,500

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/1995-mercedes-e220-w124-new-nct/20464693

N2UzYjVkMzRkYjEwMDkzZGVjMmUzOTMxMWFhYTZiZDeNULbWXqb287FyPUAHjKLvaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMTM3NzM3NDR8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

You mean the odometer? In what way?

Might be the pic, but the digits looked a bit off kilter. Anyway if you go look at it you can check it out against the history.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭swarlb

tc20 wrote: »
    Strange too re the NCT status...but if the mileage is genuine, and can be verified, that's a beaut, and not too strong a price either imho (if it all checks out)

After WW2, the Germans were so pleased that DeValera had paid his respects at Hitlers passing, and that we'd decided to assemble VW Beetles, that in our honour they came up with 'Paddy Spec' for all cars with less than lavish interiors.
    An I bet you lot thought it was Irish Importers who came up with it !!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Many a time I've wished for wind-up windows! Be careful what you wish for!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭w124man

Might be the pic, but the digits looked a bit off kilter. Anyway if you go look at it you can check it out against the history.

Its more the colour of the digits and needles. They should be orange on such a low miler

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭supervento

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

that brown interior isn't original is it ? looks like a recover job to me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

RobAMerc wrote: »
    that brown interior isn't original is it ?
    It is. Nice one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Yawlboy

Any word from Yawlboy? I wonder how it went with the legend? I've done that journey a few times with "sight unseen" deals (usually after a night of drunken ebaying) and its not good for the stress levels. Getting arrested at Dublin port while customs searched a Land Rover I just bought was a low point!!

25km from Pembroke Dock at 11pm last Wednesday night the engine cut out,on a hill in the darkest bit of road..... turned over ok but wouldn’t fire. Electrics all ok.....

Called the AA, would be after 1am before they could get to me. Called a buddy who is a mechanical genius. 10 mins later we deduced that the fuel pump fuse (7.5A) had blown, replaced it with the supplied as standard replacement fuse (10A) and she started first turn.

She is very smooth and everything bar the drivers electric mirror works. Cruise control and aircon both work perfectly. People keep commenting on it and all in a very positive way.

Only thing I need is a replacement drivers side/park light fitting. Any ideas?

The Alfa is still in the UK, plan on driving that over this weekend.

w124man wrote: »
    Its more the colour of the digits and needles. They should be orange on such a low miler

Could you expand on this? How would the mileage affect the colour? It looks like any other 123 spedo I've seen and the needle is orange.

Do you mean it looks wrong for the year?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Lazybones

Could you expand on this? How would the mileage affect the colour? It looks like any other 123 spedo I've seen and the needle is orange.

Do you mean it looks wrong for the year?

I think what is being referred to here regarding the colour of the needle is that if the car had always been garaged then the sun would not have weathered the needle and turned if from orange to yellow.

Its only one potential guide as to how well the car has been minded.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭w124man

Lazybones wrote: »
    I think what is being referred to here regarding the colour of the needle is that if the car had always been garaged then the sun would not have weathered the needle and turned if from orange to yellow.

Its only one potential guide as to how well the car has been minded.

Correct

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

Was about to post. And those are pre-87 Irish plates, probably of the era too. Not sure of the county, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

ZC = Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 22,280 ✭✭✭✭Esel

No pic of the boot - looks big though! :)

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭swarlb

Skoda's were assembled by O'Shea's in Cork. Wonder why this one is LHD ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Drove and worked on the early 70's Skodas, later model of this one. Very under rated car.

Advertisement