Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Iphone 6 car mount?

• 08-04-2015 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a car mount for an iPhone 6 and cheap!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

I got a universal one on ebay its like a big clip with a suction mount for the windscreen works with case on off and good access to ports. Can't get link on mobile sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Kenu Airframe.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Gallee

Zcott wrote: »
    Kenu Airframe.

Got it today in Argos. Its excellent - cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Zcott wrote: »
    Kenu Airframe.

Can't recommend it for the iPhone 6+. The phone is too heavy and drags the air vents down, leaving the phone tilted downwards when placed in the frame.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Mr. TTime

Can't recommend it for the iPhone 6+. The phone is too heavy and drags the air vents down, leaving the phone tilted downwards when placed in the frame.

I bought the Kenu Airframe + for my 6 Plus and it works perfectly - no tilting of the air vents. Might depend on the make of the car and how easy the vents are to move

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I too would have said the airframe (I have one for a couple of years now)

But there is a new one from Belkin that I saw today.

Belkin Car Vent Mount for iPhone

It's metal

It expands from both sides

It has a built in cable tidy

It's rachet it more solid

It's the same size as the airframe+ but at the price of the regular one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15 djspunky

All I'll say is avoid suction cups! they never seem to stick and I wouldnt risk an ip6 in one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

djspunky wrote: »
    All I'll say is avoid suction cups! they never seem to stick and I wouldnt risk an ip6 in one!

Halfords have a great one which I bought since the kenu didn't suit the vents in my jeep...it's magnetic and the suction cup is definitely the best I've ever seen.. pricey but well worth it.
    Its not a halfords brand but some other one I can't think of..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

Ram Mount is the only job get the X-Grip version

i use one for my Galaxy S4 and its very sturdy and a great suction cup

RAM-HOL-UN7B-KT%20BIG.jpg

Advertisement