Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SAB for Astec 63DV

Options
  • 08-04-2015 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,162 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

I have an Astec 63DV panel which needs a new SAB, due to water ingress.
    The panel appears to see the SAB, but declares a fault with it.

Any idea where I would get a replacement SAB, or preferably just the board and battery (the sounder is fine!)?
    My usual supplier just grunted! He wants for flog me a HKC. :)

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You will need an S22 interface. Some are still available from REW ..
    If you have any problem sourcing them give me a shout.
    Any Global bell will do after that. I'd recommend the Pyronix Delta Bell
    DeltaBellE_PLUS.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,162 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Thanks a million KoolKid.
    I found an old thread on this:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056457242

I'll try my supplier again and see if he still shrugs.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

They are still out there from a couple of sources. If you have any bother give me a shout.
    What supplier were you calling?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

10-10-20 wrote: »
    Thanks a million KoolKid.
    I found an old thread on this:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056457242

I'll try my supplier again and see if he still shrugs.

You can also use the new 2 wire converter.
    I have P.M.ed you contact details of the supplier.

Why are you not posting the suppliers details?
    I'm sure it would help many others?

• Advertisement

KoolKid wrote: »
    Why are you not posting the suppliers details?
    I'm sure it would help many others?

It will when I post it there, until then anyone looking for one please feel free to P.M. me

Seems strange. We post up suppliers details all the time.:confused:

Seems strange. We post up suppliers details all the time.:confused:

Shop around, that not what you say???

Of course shop around. But I'd be suspicious of deals like this where you appear to have something to hide. All reputable suppliers are in the sticky we reference people to all the time. Still curious as to why you are adamant to take it to PM.:confused:

Of course shop around. But I'd be suspicious of deals like this where you appear to have something to hide. All reputable suppliers are in the sticky we reference people to all the time. Still curious as to why you are adamant to take it to PM.:confused:

Be curious away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Sequence 365

Your right Koolkid

I'd say now this is only a guess . If you were to PM this person he might sell you one

Now I'm only guessing but it kind of looks that way.

Your right Koolkid

I'd say now this is only a guess . If you were to PM this person he might sell you one

Now I'm only guessing but it kind of looks that way.

I dont sell them. I have being asked by this person not to put there name on boards but if people want the converters I can pass on the details.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Ok guys I'm happy with the reason that this supplier has asked that his/her name is not added to a public forum.

thank you for the reported post.

some unnecessary back seat modding going on here so a ban was applied, please report the post if it have an issue with it.

Altor you are known to us here for years, I accept the reason why a supplier would not want to be named, but it would have been better if this was offered in your initial post offering the contact details.

It is always best to supply information on a public forum, but not in the best interest of boards to do so if the supplier has asked you not to

I have used the discretion I have as mod to leave this as is and also in how i have gone about handing out a ban.

Note on backseat modding, If you have a suspicion about a post being against the forum guidelines please report it and bring it to our attention. Posting opinions that could ignite arguments and do nothing to address the OPs questions are of little value.

Also another general point, if you report a post just leave it at that please. Reporting a post does not open the door to also addressing the issue directly on the forum.

Advertisement