Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quickest way to Drumcondra

Options
  • 08-04-2015 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hi all,

I need to travel from Swords to Drumcondra for the next few weeks. I need to be at the Skylon Hotel at 9am. I have a car but I've been told that the traffic in the mornings there is a nightmare.

I did a dummy run on the 41c today and even at 2pm it took over 45 minutes.

Would I better off going through the airport on a 41 and skipping Rivervalley/Boroimhe?
    Someone suggested parking in Airside and getting a 41c from there.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Check out the 101 service from Bus Eireann. It does pick-ups at a couple of the roundabouts in Swords passes by the Skylon. It'll be a bit pricier than the 41, but quicker. It run every 20 mins throughout the day afaik.

Incorrect info. Thanks, lxflyer. :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Whatever you do, don't park at Airside because they'll clamp you once the car is there more than a couple of hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,719 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Check out the 101 service from Bus Eireann. It does pick-ups at a couple of the roundabouts in Swords passes by the Skylon. It'll be a bit pricier than the 41, but quicker. It run every 20 mins throughout the day afaik.

The Bus Eireann 101 does NOT pick up at Swords inbound - it's set down only.

OP - Go to www.a-b.ie, the National Journey Planner or download the National Journey Planner app, put in exact addresses and times, tweak the settings as needed, and it will give you the best options.

The 33 will probably be the fastest for that trip, or the 41, 41a or 41b (some of these bypass the airport in the morning peak).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

How are your fitness levels? It's about a 10km cycle from Swords to the Skylon. Possibly doable in 30-45 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

I cycle that way and there's little traffic until you get to Santry at Omni.
    You could park there or in Lorcan Drive and walk down or get a bus from south of Collins Ave.

• Advertisement
Advertisement