Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mart Price Tracker

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Pidae.m

Middling aa blks 445kg 845
    Aa blks 400 kg 820
    Fr blks 435kg 690
    Today

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Butcher Boy

Pidae.m wrote: »
    Middling aa blks 445kg 845
    Aa blks 400 kg 820
    Fr blks 435kg 690
    Today
    Bandon ?

Bandon ?

Yup, see the sucklers Saturday Butcher Boy..... Piss up & brewery come to mind.

Yup, see the sucklers Saturday Butcher Boy..... Piss up & brewery come to mind.

what a carry on good god tonight ,there back in next saturday.

Or may be the week after is the latest. Couple of the older cows were sold for nothing.

• Advertisement

Or may be the week after is the latest. Couple of the older cows were sold for nothing.

Tim was out side at one stage the man was mad it beat all that they could not get things right for the sale.

Tim was out side at one stage the man was mad it beat all that they could not get things right for the sale.

It's insane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭grange mac

What happened....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭Dozer1

ZAG wouldn't be near a favorite bull of mine and yes I'd agree she'll stay handy, she has no width worth talking about but at the right price every animal deserves a chance.

currently work is mental and the last 2 days I was to go to marts something else came up so it a case of throw the odd eye on DD,

there were 3 nice LM heifers up in Clare last week on it for 680, thought they were ok at that money but were gone by the time I rang.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

Dozer1 wrote: »
    ZAG wouldn't be near a favorite bull of mine and yes I'd agree she'll stay handy, she has no width worth talking about but at the right price every animal deserves a chance.

currently work is mental and the last 2 days I was to go to marts something else came up so it a case of throw the odd eye on DD,

there were 3 nice LM heifers up in Clare last week on it for 680, thought they were ok at that money but were gone by the time I rang.

Gort’s lmx heifer sale is on this Thursday evening. Depending where you are in limerick you could be there in 90 minutes. Might be an option for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Mac Taylor wrote: »
    Gort’s lmx heifer sale is on this Thursday evening. Depending where you are in limerick you could be there in 90 minutes. Might be an option for you.

Good selection in gort any Thursday evening in fairness.

grange mac wrote: »
    What happened....

50 cows and calves brought in and no bvd on the calves ,and alot of men there to buy them good stock mostly red lms there up on DD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Heading go the mart tomorrow with my 6. Say a prayer for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,854 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Reggie. wrote: »
    Heading go the mart tomorrow with my 6. Say a prayer for me

Will you bring them home if you're not happy with the price?

whelan2 wrote: »
    Will you bring them home if you're not happy with the price?

Not sure. Depends how bad. Roughly 450kg apiece so once over €800 they will probably go. Such is the market atm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭visatorro

Reggie. wrote:
    Not sure. Depends how bad. Roughly 450kg apiece so once over €800 they will probably go. Such is the market atm

Angus bullocks? Are they making that much?

visatorro wrote: »
    Angus bullocks? Are they making that much?

****ing better be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,354 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

****ing better be

Don’t mean to burst your bubble Reggie but at those weights 7/750 max is what they’d make here

mahoney_j wrote: »
    Don’t mean to burst your bubble Reggie but at those weights 7/750 max is what they’d make here

Ah they were making that and more a week ago up here. I'll be optimistic till tomorrow anyways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭mayota

mahoney_j wrote: »

Sold a bunch this week 470kg avg, €740.

• Advertisement

Best of luck with them

Best of luck with them

At least someone's being nice :D

Ah they were making that and more a week ago up here. I'll be optimistic till tomorrow anyways

In macroom saturday 450 kgs could run into 820 r 30 if they were nice stock.the best of luck with them anyway.

At least someone's being nice :D

Sure I'm always nice.... Is there whiteheads going too

Sure I'm always nice.... Is there whiteheads going too

Yeah 2 red HEX and 4 AAX

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,976 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

I give 1.50/kg fresh weight if they make more sell them

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Fine Day

At them weights & if they have a reasonable good shape you should have no trouble achieving above €800 euro. Heavier stock are not doing as bad as plain type young stock from what I seen last week at the mart. A lot of people are forgetting that cattle were the same price in the factory this time last year. Brexit has everyone concerned including myself but I am trying to remain positive & hope things will work out & we all remain in businesses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,211 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

They wouldn't make it in Kanturk unless lovely beasts. Gave 770 for a few Hex at 449.

That said saw a neighbour sell five at 415 for ,780, great frame on them and you could see all the usual suspects at the Ring really getting in on it.

Hope they went well Reggie.

Heard a lot of people were disappointed with weanling prices at the weanling sale last Tuesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭jimmy G M

Father had 2 lim x char bullocks in Ballinasloe today. 657kg, came into €1,485, €2.26 c/kg. 18 months. Happy with that... Dunno where the next guy is going to make a twist... hope he does though..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

God he had great weight on them for age. Theyll carry a lot more weight and come into big money off grass next summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭jimmy G M

Muckit wrote: »
    God he had great weight on them for age. Theyll carry a lot more weight and come into big money off grass next summer.

Yeah they weighed well. Prob the best of the bunch. More to go over the next 2 weeks.

They will cost a bit to keep for another 12 months and finish. A fair bit of cash tied up also and with uncertainty over Brexit best to let them off. We don't generally finish any animals..

I give 1.50/kg fresh weight if they make more sell them

Not too far off the ball bass. They avg €1.67 per kg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭mayota

How did the angus weigh?

Not too good a day so 450kgs making 750. 30kg difference between fresh and mart weigh, take out 10 euro for mart fees and 10 euro transport that leaves 6kgs or 9 euro between us.:D
    mayota wrote: »
    How did the angus weigh?

300 with there weigh in old money

Slava Ukrainii

Not too good a day so 450kgs making 750. 30kg difference between fresh and mart weigh, take out 10 euro for mart fees and 10 euro transport that leaves 6kgs or 9 euro between us.:D

300 with there weigh in old money

Poor price. I hope they are not costing you money at that.

• Advertisement

mayota wrote: »
    How did the angus weigh?

As below

Theheff wrote: »
    Poor price. I hope they are not costing you money at that.

Lost no money thankfully.

Avg €815 per animal which is above my €800 target.

Profit on them all. Them prices were better than most believe it or not.

Shocking hard trade.

No interest in Heifers. All short stay bullocks were what the lads were after.

As below
    Lost no money thankfully.

Avg €815 per animal which is above my €800 target.

Profit on them all. Them prices were better than most believe it or not.

Shocking hard trade.

No interest in Heifers. All short stay bullocks were what the lads were after.

I have liked to get the three 481 kg bullocks at 740 the next man if he intends to overwinter them will make a right twist. Killing 340kgs next June they would make a tad over 1400 euro.

Slava Ukrainii

I have liked to get the three 481 kg bullocks at 740 the next man if he intends to overwinter them will make a right twist. Killing 340kgs next June they would make a tad over 1400 euro.

A there was one bad one in that bunch that brought the other two down. A necessary evil as I'd say I'd have gotten feck all if he was on his own

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Would many of you sell more than 1 animal in a lot?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Would many of you sell more than 1 animal in a lot?

Always pair them up if possible. Have put up to 6 together if they were the same weight/type.

I hope your right with your prices for next June. I am bracing myself for a poor market. Fingers crossed.

Theheff wrote: »
    I hope your right with your prices for next June. I am bracing myself for a poor market. Fingers crossed.

In a way next year price is immaterial, if you sold them type of cattle last June you be at that price and replacing now at that price would leave you a margin

Slava Ukrainii

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

I’d be valuing average dairy cross angus cattle at closer to 1200 next mid summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Willfarman wrote: »
    I’d be valuing average dairy cross angus cattle at closer to 1200 next mid summer.

50 crnts a kilo less?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

Hard to get them into weight too. 330kgs at 3.80 1250.

Willfarman wrote: »

This cattle of Reggie were 480 they are at the top end of store weight for them type of cattle. 480 kgs Mart weight now or at least 500 fresh weight. 15-20kgs on grass before housing , 50-60 during housing leaves them out of the shed early next March in the 560-580 kg bracket fresh weight.. 110kg on grass to mid June. I expect to kill them at 340 kgs minimum . Base of 4.05 grading O= 12c QA and 10c AA bonus leaves a price of 4.09@340 dw =1390euro.

Then again I try to buy them Kerry store cattle.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Icelandicseige

Is there many people finishing Fr bulls at 16-18 months or is waste of time? What weight is possible to get them to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Count Mondego

Some mental weanling prices in Gort tonight. 330-350kg bulls going for up around 930-950. Doesn't add up looking at some of the last 20 posts on this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

This cattle of Reggie were 480 they are at the top end of store weight .....

You can forget the QA and the AA bonus for a start. And as will says they never will get into big weight. Paying pauper price and expecting to cash in big.... love your optimism!

• Advertisement
Advertisement