Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mart Price Tracker

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

mallethead wrote: »
    have a big charolais cow to go she's about 800kg
    what sort of money is worth?

Hard to say without seeing her but €1700 at a guess

• Registered Users Posts: 4,868 ✭✭✭mf240

Lol at the spelling. But what would these be worth? Nice enough and bucket reared so theyed be quite?

http://www.donedeal.ie/beefcattle-for-sale/weaklings/10156552

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

mf240 wrote: »
    Lol at the spelling. But what would these be worth? Nice enough and bucket reared so theyed be quite?

Heifer second from the left at the trough is a lovely square one. There's also one bull with quare timer under him for a bucket fed lad!

Wonder what crazy prices he paid for them in Spring though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭Farmer Pudsey

mf240 wrote: »

On the right side of the last picture is a grand square heifer. Hard to judge her size. I always reckon you should look at the week cattle in a bunch rater than the good ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭jd06

orm0nd wrote: »
    heavy cattle well back in the marts , lighter stock not as much

just talking to guy earlier who sells usually sell lm bullocks (he would have them nice, all home bred) about 330 to 360 kgs , reckons they are back on average €50 in 2 weeks

A neighbour of mine sold 700kgs lims for 1530 . Big cattle are way back at de marts

• Advertisement

'14 good sq Fr blks 353kg €780

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭White Clover

simx wrote: »
    '14 good sq Fr blks 353kg €780

Good price for them even though they're about 100 kg back from where they should. Numbers are tight. Good trade this week at all marts I'm hearing. Only lads talking down prices now are factories and lads that have killed and are looking to restock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

The stores were up this week if anything... A lot of South East sellers were making hay and doing corn and that.

Hoping for a huge collapse next week! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

jd06 wrote: »
    A neighbour of mine sold 700kgs lims for 1530 . Big cattle are way back at de marts

Thats south by 200approx.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭White Clover

Thats south by 200approx.

To be fair, that was a week ago. A lot has changed since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭flutered

may 2013, 350kg angus hefhirs running with a limousen bull for the last six weeks, well fed, rough estimate please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Miname

flutered wrote: »
    may 2013, 350kg angus hefhirs running with a limousen bull for the last six weeks, well fed, rough estimate please

Are You sure they are only 350kg?

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭welton john

I'd say buy a litre of albex first ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

300 bid!

Miname wrote: »

could be more i am a bad judge

could be more i am a bad judge

27mts old should be a lot more. At 350 kg they have only done 12kg a month since birth. Sould be twice that with average feeding.

Miname wrote: »
    27mts old should be a lot more. At 350 kg they have only done 12kg a month since birth. Sould be twice that with average feeding.

They are Angus'es what do you expect

• Registered Users Posts: 29,595 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

:rolleyes:, :rolleyes: jex

whelan2 wrote: »
    :rolleyes:, :rolleyes: jex

Some of those JEX's are great cattle. Lad below killed O-3+ and 335kgs at 28 months. He did nearly a kg/day for last 400 days before he was slaughtered. he was squeezed during that time as well. He out preformed the best of two AA that were around the same weight bought at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Miname

I'd expect another 150kg and still be disappointed.

• Advertisement

sorry every one, my mighty mistake, born last may, so may 14, 350kg roughly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

sorry every one, my mighty mistake, born last may, so may 14, 350kg roughly

That's more like it.

That's more like it.

Yup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Mad4simmental

Some of those JEX's are great cattle. Lad below killed O-3+ and 335kgs at 28 months. He did nearly a kg/day for last 400 days before he was slaughtered. he was squeezed during that time as well. He out preformed the best of two AA that were around the same weight bought at the same time.

Good looking length in him. Je from a bf? Looks a nice square type of a lad.

What age/price was he bought at puds?

simx wrote: »
    What age/price was he bought at puds?

Bought at 14 months at 345 kgs LW, he was a bull. He was on the farm for about 15 with his weight with fees and transport paid. If you had 10 like him ever year you be very :D He killed O-3+. there was a bit left in him still

Bought at 14 months at 345 kgs LW, he was a bull. He was on the farm for about 15 with his weight with fees and transport paid. If you had 10 like him ever year you be very :D He killed O-3+. there was a bit left in him still

Plain animal can leave as much as the best. Were you only one bidding on him? Seen a yearling frx 380kg hardly get a bid last week. ignorance is twice as dangerous as knowledge.

Plain animal can leave as much as the best. Were you only one bidding on him? Seen a yearling frx 380kg hardly get a bid last week. ignorance is twice as dangerous as knowledge.

Remember it was last year early summer bulls were not the flavour of the month. Bought a good Fr bull same day 390kgs for 450 and another a few week later 450 for 500. Not sure was it I or the dealers opened them but I ended up with them. God I never knew plain animals left as much as the best at times. I just taught I was buying them as they were on euro saver menu.:rolleyes:

Remember it was last year early summer bulls were not the flavour of the month. Bought a good Fr bull same day 390kgs for 450 and another a few week later 450 for 500. Not sure was it I or the dealers opened them but I ended up with them. God I never knew plain animals left as much as the best at times. I just taught I was buying them as they were on euro saver menu.:rolleyes:

Smartarse!! If I had enough ground and wasn't relying on quickish turnaround with young stock id be buying the same and holding to 36mts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,868 ✭✭✭mf240

He looks a straight enough fella. You want to be a good judge of cattle before youd go buying jex though as they can be a mixed bag.

Advertisement