Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mart Price Tracker

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,929 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

I saw a charolais weanling open at €900 today and no other bid. Sold at that.

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭cute geoge

An odd time if the mart was lively and if a jobber had an order to fill he might open a calf high so to throw others off bidding ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭DukeCaboom

cute geoge wrote: »
    An odd time if the mart was lively and if a jobber had an order to fill he might open a calf high so to throw others off bidding ,

Or hope a lad he is polling comes once & gets trapped :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

I saw a charolais weanling open at €900 today and no other bid. Sold at that.

Can happen, generally it’s where someone has called the calf and others let them have it
    It’s frustrating for the seller

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,976 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Some acting the Mickey happening in Castleisland today online. Either the lad doing the computer is useless or else they are trying to stop online bidding.

He was failing to put up the weights earlier, at present he is either not updating the animal details or else he locking you out of bidding. Was bidding on an few animals and next thing bids were 20-30ahead and I could not bid.

Slava Ukrainii

• Advertisement

Online bidding slows down the selling process. Auctioneer has to wait at end for internet bids to come tru. Once a bid comes tru , he then has to weight for another possible bid online.

Online bidding slows down the selling process. Auctioneer has to wait at end for internet bids to come tru. Once a bid comes tru , he then has to weight for another possible bid online.

IMO it has not, ideally the auctioneer should have a slave screen to the lad on the computer. If he has he can see the bids at a glance just like looking around the ring for a bid. With online bidding cattle tend not to get stuck as lads around the ring are checked by who is on an animal or if buyers is a soft seller.

The only real time it might slow is at the end as he then has to maybe wIt 5-6 seeonds to see if counter bidder on line is finished. But this can happen around the ring as well. All new n all the biggest slowing in a mart are the ability to keep animals flowing through the ring

Slava Ukrainii

Some acting the Mickey happening in Castleisland today online. Either the lad doing the computer is useless or else they are trying to stop online bidding.

He was failing to put up the weights earlier, at present he is either not updating the animal details or else he locking you out of bidding. Was bidding on an few animals and next thing bids were 20-30ahead and I could not bid.

Happened a friend of mine last week in Cork marts. It said he bought 2 heifers. Went to the mart, a another lad was gone off with them. He got f all satisfaction. What a joke of a set up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

The online was glitching in Macroom last Sat. That's the auctioneers screen was either freezing or going off, he was regularly on the phone to sort it. Didn't interfere too much with the sales.

.... this was purely the lad on the computer, it not the auctioneer job to get the data online. Mind you I have seen issues on other marts but they always sort them as the mart goes on. This was a constant number of different problem's that made it impossible to bid online.

Not getting access to bid until bidding was complete
    Being locked out of bidding towards the end of bidding
    No weights up for cattle
    Last details staying up while next animal was being sold and once or twice for 2-3 lots after
    Even when price was out online it was often 40-50 and s hundred of euro behind the auction price.

It was immaterial which auctioneer was selling

Gave up in the end rang mart but it got no better.

Slava Ukrainii

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭Base price

...this was purely the lad on the computer, it not the auctioneer job to get the data online. Mind you I have seen issues on other marts but they always sort them as the mart goes on. This was a constant number of different problem's that made it impossible to bid online.

Not getting access to bid until bidding was complete
    Being locked out of bidding towards the end of bidding
    No weights up for cattle
    Last details staying up while next animal was being sold and once or twice for 2-3 lots after
    Even when price was out online it was often 40-50 and s hundred of euro behind the auction price.

It was immaterial which auctioneer was selling

Gave up in the end rang mart but it got no better.

I've seen the same thing happening on more than one occasion and in two different marts. It's very very annoying especially when you see animals selling at 50 to 80 euro less than what they normally would because online bidding is blocked. IMO it's the auctioneer playing ball with the lads around the ring who grease his palm :mad:
    Edit to add- it was the same auctioneer in one mart that does it every now and again on animals that wouldn't be €2+/kg types.

grange mac wrote: »
    Hope you get sorted!!

There plenty of other marts I can buy away from. Just annoyed me today. I just get the opinion it was deliberate

Slava Ukrainii

Base price wrote: »
    I've seen the same thing happening on more than one occasion and in two different marts. It's very very annoying especially when you see animals selling at 50 to 80 euro less than what they normally would because online bidding is blocked. IMO it's the auctioneer playing ball with the lads around the ring who grease his palm :mad:
    Edit to add- it was the same auctioneer in one mart that does it every now and again on animals that wouldn't be €2+/kg types.

As I said it was happening no matter which of the two auctioneers was selling.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭valtra2

That time of year again. The black and whites are looking more and more appealing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Sugarbowl

valtra2 wrote: »
    That time of year again. The black and whites are looking more and more appealing.

The lighter animal seems to be selling better this time of year. Saw light little lads making good money yesterday.

Saw 4 epic spring born ch bulls in macroom today 377 kg €860. Appalling bad price to take.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 CCM

DukeCaboom wrote: »
    Saw 4 epic spring born ch bulls in macroom today 377 kg €860. Appalling bad price to take.

Had two great chx in Carigallen today, 320kg €1060, 265kg €1000. Lots 362 and 363. I'll stick with the ch for another while

CCM wrote: »
    Had two great chx in Carigallen today, 320kg €1060, 265kg €1000. Lots 362 and 363. I'll stick with the ch for another while

I'd say the farmer was just unlucky to take them to macroom today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

When we're they born, would ya not sell in September, bad market for over 440/450kg calves since arse came out of bulls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭grange mac

They wud have made 900 950 yest in skibb.

• Advertisement

They wud have made 900 950 yest in skibb.

Ya, I heard it was a plaster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Sugarbowl

Meaning it was so good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭I says

Anyones marteye app acting up lately.

I says wrote: »

what do you mean by acting up

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭I says

what do you mean by acting up

The screen keeps resetting so I can’t access marts

Sugarbowl wrote: »
    Meaning it was so good?

Dear. Well I suppose there was just no buzz for a heavier bull in macroom today.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Murang

The screen keeps resetting so I can’t access marts

Delete the app and reload it again had same trouble during the week and that sorted it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭grange mac

Don't know what going on, but given gortalea was not as strong as usual I was surprised at the prices.
    Your white Charolais was making 2.90, very good q 380 Charolais made 950 but most 350 kg make 850.... Pollys on fire making upto 2.35. Someone wanted light Pollys but the heavier ones make 2euro.
    Next wk be interesting as another weanling show n sale if mart stays open.

Don't know what going on, but given gortalea was not as strong as usual I was surprised at the prices.
    Your white Charolais was making 2.90, very good q 380 Charolais made 950 but most 350 kg make 850.... Pollys on fire making upto 2.35. Someone wanted light Pollys but the heavier ones make 2euro.
    Next wk be interesting as another weanling show n sale if mart stays open.

Single farm money usually gives it a rise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

You’d great weights

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭orm0nd

It's a pain in the hole, done everything and it still stalls

Had LSL running on 2 different marts yesterday. Phone and pc and not a glitch over a couple of hours.

My bids were picked up immediately.
    PN of Clare marts is some auctioneer, lightning fast and always gives a the underbidder a chance to reconsider.

Strong trade yesterday. Sixmilebridge a bit dearer than Scarriff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

Single farm money usually gives it a rise.

Can’t see any more of a rise coming. Prices are crazy dear at the minute relative to beef price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Cavanjack wrote: »
    Can’t see any more of a rise coming. Prices are crazy dear at the minute relative to beef price.

When did beef price ever dictate store prices.?

2 farmers with money to spend are bigger enemies to themselves than the factories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭jfh

Great prices, what breed were the mothers, know u have the ai code but not up to scratch on those

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,354 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

orm0nd wrote: »
    When did beef price ever dictate store prices.?

2 farmers with money to spend are bigger enemies to themselves than the factories.

No truer statement in the Mart trade than that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭tanko

jfh wrote: »
    Great prices, what breed were the mothers, know u have the ai code but not up to scratch on those

KDZ and SI2152 are Sim bulls, don’t know the other one.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭K9

What do you think of lm4007? Keep any replacements?

jfh wrote: »

As tanko said two are sim bulls. Two are off of stock bull here which is lim. And the other is Hereford.

K9 wrote: »
    What do you think of lm4007? Keep any replacements?

Ya have a few to calf off him this year. Very impressed with his calfs nice shape and length which is missing with a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭adne

Lm bull loyal seems to be bringing nice female stock

• Advertisement

adne wrote: »
    Lm bull loyal seems to be bringing nice female stock

Do they stay small, though?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Fotish

mahoney_j wrote: »
    No truer statement in the Mart trade than that
    Very true , just love one horse races myself !

Do they stay small, though?

Dont know. Have few wean heifers nice length and shape so far

adne wrote: »
    Dont know. Have few wean heifers nice length and shape so far

Did use him on heifers or cows?

tanko wrote: »
    Did use him on heifers or cows?

Heifers. Spits them out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

A buddy of my is selling 5 red lmx bulls from 320 to 350kgs....he is being offered €850 at home....I’m telling him it’s not a bad price given everything going on......what do you think? Thanks Mac

I think id be taking that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭Anto_Meath

Near enough an average of €2.50 / kg is a good enough price when you put a batch of cattle together. I am also guessing that is fresh weight after a few hours in the mart they would be weighing 20 - 30 kgs less.

Anto_Meath wrote: »
    Near enough an average of €2.50 / kg is a good enough price when you put a batch of cattle together. I am also guessing that is fresh weight after a few hours in the mart they would be weighing 20 - 30 kgs less.

Even if his present weights 335kgs are mart weights when you add fees and transport at 20 euro combined he is getting 2.6/kg

Slava Ukrainii

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

Mac Taylor wrote: »
    A buddy of my is selling 5 red lmx bulls from 320 to 350kgs....he is being offered €850 at home....I’m telling him it’s not a bad price given everything going on......what do you think? Thanks Mac

If there average to good quality and the weights are accurate then I'd consider it a fair price currently. By the time you add haulage, commission and other mart associated costs you'd want at least another €30 a head and I'd imagine they'd struggle to achieve anymore across the bunch. The marts are packed atm due to the time of year and other uncertainty. If they were mine I'd be strongly considering that offer tbh.

• Advertisement
Advertisement