Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Organised Pay and Play tennis Dublin

• 09-04-2015 8:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭

Hi all
    I am looking for a pay and play, or some sort of organised tennis league using public courts where people can organise to meet up and play online.

is there such thing in dublin, preferably southside?

basically would like to meet and hit with people without having to join a club

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭gsi300024v

there are a few meetup groups might suit you, they meet up a lot and have little leagues and some group coaching too.
    Friendly bunch.
    Where on South Side are you?
    I usually play a bit in summer, more a squash player though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭guile4582

in Terenure. Interested in squash too.

Cool, I'm just in Kimmage, there are tennis courts in a park here, nothing fancy but free and under used.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jonbobsky

Where would I find those meetup groups? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭G-Man

Hi in the 3 public park courts Bushy, St Annes and Herbert ( and Kimmage?) does anyone know if there is an open meetup where someone who wants to play can arrange a time and a partner... This is not for me but for a friend who is visiting Dublin for many months and wants to play tennis.

I figured with power of internet and things there might be such a thing, or must she join a club or what?

• Advertisement

Yep there is an open meetup bit where people look to play. Something like Dublintennis, there are two active Dublin tennis meetups. There are also opens in tennis clubs that are fun, you pay maybe 8 euro and it's mixed doubles of lower to middle standard, you don't need a partner they'll find one for you and they have a handicap system for scoring so it's fairly even and very social, one of the meetups regularly goes to them so you'd know a few people going to them if you were in the meet up.

Oh and it's fairly informal so people who go to the group tennis meetups regularly meet up just 2 of them to play as well, i'd recommend it from social and tennis side.

Advertisement