Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tottenham v Villa

Options
  • 09-04-2015 9:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭

Last week was a pitiful display, the worst I've seen all season. Saturdays game is bound to be an improvement huh?

Sherwood's approach is a very gung ho one, so we should see a high scoring match. He'll want to get one over on Levy.

I think Lloris, Vertonghen and Walker are all doubts? Pochettino really needs to separate Mason/Bentaleb, it hasn't clicked for a while. Anyhoo I'd go with this.
    Vorm
    Vlad - Dier - Fazio - Rose
    Eriksen - Stambouli - Dembele - Townsend
    Lamela
    Kane

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

massive game for Villa
    nothing game for us
    we're just drifting along to another 6th place finish
    another season in the Europa League beckons
    another groundhog season
    oh well, what can you do ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

massive game for Villa
    nothing game for us
    we're just drifting along to another 6th place finish
    another season in the Europa League beckons
    another groundhog season
    oh well, what can you do ?

United will beat city

Win against villa and we are 4 points behind them . Best them at the lane and we are one point behind

If the players can't raise their games for this then they are a lost cause

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

City will come back on form this weekend i'd say, and beat Utd. I'm less convinced we can beat Villa though, with the shambolic state of our defense.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

mickman wrote: »
    United will beat city

Win against villa and we are 4 points behind them . Best them at the lane and we are one point behind

If the players can't raise their games for this then they are a lost cause

The City v United game is hard to call. Either way if we beat Villa we are back in the hunt for 4th. I know that may be hard to believe after last weeks performance ( Burnley are not as bad as people make out - they have beaten City and drew at Chelsea recently).
    If City can beat United we would be 5 points behind United ( presuming we beat Villa). They have to travel to Chelsea in their next game where we have a winnable one v Newcastle.
    Still as long way to go in the race but we do have a fighting chance.

And yes it is the hope that kills us!!!

We need to start with intent and thump this crowd

Walker is a doubt , that's great news

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

We need to start with intent and thump this crowd

Walker is a doubt , that's great news

Is that with sarcasm or with a resounding hell yeah?

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Is that with sarcasm or with a resounding hell yeah?

It's a hell yeah !

He has been awful and should have been dropped ages ago

It's a hell yeah !

He has been awful and should have been dropped ages ago

I have to admit I was looking forward to his return from injury. He talked a good game while out. He's gone backwards if anything, how is that possible even. Not since Stevie Carr have we had a reliable RB.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I know I might get some stick for this but I never understood the fuss about Bentaleb or Mason to begin with...

On our good run from November to Mid Jan I thought they were just ordinary. We certainly didn't miss Bentaleb when he was away with Algeria. His had a cracker upon his return vs. Arsenal but he's been piss poor since.

If Mason wasn't English he'd be completely over looked. Totally over rated.

Never quite sure what his role is ...He's not a play makers. They're not midfield anchorman. He's not even a box to box MF. He's Jenas mark II... Just there but not really ever influencing the game one way or the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Unfortunately won't get to see the game tomorrow, but for those who did not know it is live on Setanta.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I've heard that Lloris will be out for this game also,haven't heard anything about the availability of Vertongen though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I think Fazio should be brought in it Verts is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

I know I might get some stick for this but I never understood the fuss about Bentaleb or Mason to begin with...

On our good run from November to Mid Jan I thought they were just ordinary. We certainly didn't miss Bentaleb when he was away with Algeria. His had a cracker upon his return vs. Arsenal but he's been piss poor since.

Never quite sure what his role is ...He's not a play makers. They're not midfield anchorman. He's not even a box to box MF. He's Jenas mark II... Just there but not really ever influencing the game one way or the other.

Harsh... Mason makes more tackles in one game than jenas did in his spurs career

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

tippspur wrote: »
    I think Fazio should be brought in it Verts is out.

Agree... Fazio and dier please

• Registered Users Posts: 45 EoinMoran

Hope Alan Hutton gets the brilliant reception he deserves today. Spurs legend.

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Unfortunately won't get to see the game tomorrow, but for those who did not know it is live on Setanta.

Thanks for this . Would have missed it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

EoinMoran wrote: »

Looks like he is extremely doubtful for the game. Shame

You need 50 posts to put up a picture on here which I don't yet but since his debut he has the most tackles made, 2nd most passes in the final third and 2nd most assists at spurs. ( on sky sports last night )

He's no world beater but until we can get in champions league quality players I'd take him ahead of anyone due to the fact he's an academy player and the effort/commitment he puts into games. I like him anyway

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Looks like he is extremely doubtful for the game. Shame

Over in tottenham now for the game. What am I going to do with this "I love Hutton" t-shirt ? :(

Mason is a good player with a great attitude

Hope we don't see paulinho today - would like to see dembele behind Kane - I still think we played our best football using that system (second half at home to united, Chelsea at home)

3-1 to us today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Gonna go for Villa to come away with a point today and Tim to probably end up throwing away his gilet in anger.

1-1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

I likes parts of both bentalebs and masons game but to me it seems that they do the job of one player between them.

Also bentaleb has been muck for 4/5 games now. Id rather see mason and stambouli starting with chadli eriksen and lamela ahead of them.

We only ever looked like scoring we lamela came on last week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

Is this a home game for spurs? We really need to win this game and push for 5th in the table. Otherwise the season is another disappointment. Although i have good time for Sherwood and i hope Villa stay up.

Vorm; Chiriches, Dier, Fazio, Rose; Bentaleb, Mason; Townsend, Eriksen, Chadli; Kane

Disappointing lineup, great use of the squad.

Friedel, Davies, Yedlin, Lamela, Paulinho, Stambouli, Soldado

This jackáss manages to find a place on the bench.

Is dembele injured ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

EoinMoran wrote: »

sarcasm?

another dirtbag in the charlie adams mold and i would boo the useless fuker:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭JohnDee

Chiriches having poor game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

35 mins 0-1 :mad:

Spurs V Villa

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement