Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tottenham v Villa

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

1-0 Villa.Benteke with the goal,he's on fire at the moment. 8 in his last 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

Bret Hart wrote: »
    1-0 Villa.Benteke with the goal,he's on fire at the moment. 8 in his last 6.
    He took a long time to get over his injury but he is proving his worth at the moment for Villa.
    Spurs appear to be trying to avoid the Europa league

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Peter File wrote: »
    He took a long time to get over his injury but he is proving his worth at the moment for Villa.
    Spurs appear to be trying to avoid the Europa league

He'd be a good signing for Spurs I reckon. I could see him and Kane forming a good partnership up top. They'll have to hope Swansea can overtake them if that's the case. I expect Arsenal will retain the FA Cup and if so that opens up 7th spot to get a Europa League place if I'm correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

Rose playing really well. Very attacking

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

What's the game plan here exactly, there's no real threat. We don't look like equalizing, not even if we were playing till midnight.

Midfield is awfully weak, but yet still no changes. Rose has been our best player. This is becoming tiresome.

Pochettino's is very stubborn in his subs and midfield team selection.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Long Time Lurker

Lamella on for Villa there

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Pochettino's is very stubborn in his subs and midfield team selection.

Pooch has been out thought by the opposition Manager :p

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

How many travel agencies are there on the Tottenham High Road?

Awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

If Harry had put in tactical performances like pochetino has for the last two games then he would be branded an idiot but when pochetino does it then it's fine cos he is young and foreign and 'is one for the future '

Awful awful stuff again . Embarrassing .

Season is over chaps - see ye all in August when I hope 6-8 of these clowns are gone. First one out the door has to be Townsend , then chirches , fazio , paulinho , soldado , Chadli , lamela , walker , adebayour

You might think Chadli should stay but he shouldn't. Scored a few goals but is still a poor player who never tracks back

Only bright light is Kane , his touch and passing is top class

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

rGK5b4V.jpg

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Am guessing I should delete this off my sky planner? :D. Time to look to next season and a good clear out with some proper replacements.

He needs to change the formation for the next game, or even better...in an actual match. Otherwise we'll have similar results until the end of the season. Throwing on Yedlin is no tactical masterstroke.

Having Mason & Bentaleb camped in our own half, not offering any support, coupled with two wingers offering nowt, ain't gonna get the job done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

Didnt see the game but will watch it tonight on MOTD. From what i hear spurs were poor again. Bring back Harry is all i can say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

mg1982 wrote: »
    Didnt see the game but will watch it tonight on MOTD. From what i hear spurs were poor again. Bring back Harry is all i can say.
    Harry had Bale and Modric, far better than the wasters there now. Hopefully there will be a massive clear out in the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Hopefully there will be a massive clear out in the summer

Don't we say that every year though?!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Wouldn't mind seeing us ground out a few clean sheets even if it meant 0-0 ' s from.now to the end ... at least it would be working towards something for next season. Maybe that's why Dier and Vlad are the CB pairing these days.

mushykeogh wrote:
    Don't we say that every year though?!

Yeah. And more than half of them will still be there next Sept when tge summer window closes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »
    Poch teams always run out of puff by now so this was expected but the fact that half the players are wasters doesn't help either. The likes of Lloris and Eriksen will surely be looking to force moves now too.

Lloris has said he wants to stay and eriksen won't have any suitors . He was awful today and has gone totally off the boil - way too inconsistent for the big clubs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

mickman wrote: »
    Lloris has said he wants to stay and eriksen won't have any suitors . He was awful today and has gone totally off the boil - way too inconsistent for the big clubs

And Erikson was bought in to replace Modric. Hes not in the same class though.

• Advertisement

mg1982 wrote: »
    And Erikson was bought in to replace Modric. Hes not in the same class though.

Miles behind him

I just wish our manger used the squad a wee bit more to his advantaged, I like Pochettino. He assessed the squad without properly buying, and rightly so. I just don't think he's utilized the potential of the full squad, at times.

We had Paulinho and Yedlin on the bench? Those players will not influence a game. One week Johnny Utah, next week they vanish.

The oddest thing this season has been...Not one single player has come out and said anything negative, the ones that are left out I mean? They obviously love living in the capital whilst receiving a hefty wage. Capoue's hair is dyed red, I did not know that. He was having a great time in training, and didn't look injured?

Stambouli looked promising, but yet he teams the kids together in midfield, there not producing, change it. Dembele left out of the squad, no reports on an injury.

Sorry for prattling on, I gunned a bottle of prosecco. And the Stoli in breached.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I wonder is there any point in watching any of the remaining games if the last two are anything to go by,seems like a waste of time tbh.

tippspur wrote: »
    I wonder is there any point in watching any of the remaining games if the last two are anything to go by,seems like a waste of time tbh.

Never...hopefully Harry finishes top of of the goal scoring table.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

chaps, as I have said before these players are on the beach since the cup final. Potch cant do a thing about it. Bigger picture imho is that if we dont qualify for the euro league it could serve us well for next season, but it'll give levy another excuse, as well as a new stadium, to not spend money. He doesnt care as long as the sky money is coming in any he isnt spending more than hes getting in for players... its his business and $$ signs is all he cares about.
    This doesnt mean that im not as freaked as any fan at the level of shiet being served up the last few weeks, just im somewhat abject to it after 30+ years of supporting us.
    COYS

I want to have a rant about the performances recently but I'm also want us to avoid the EL next season ... We can't have it both ways so ...

Chelsea winning the league cup means 6th place goes it the Europa and if Arsenal win the FA cup that becomes 7th.

So it looks like we are doomed to spend an eternity in the EL. Doomed. DOOOOMED I tells ya *laughs manically*

There's so much we could question about the managers choices and tgen there's what we know about some of the players and their attitudes or abilities. The one that gets me above all is Lennon out on loan to make space for seemingly undroppable Townsend who's done nothing all season, nothing.

There's so much we could question about the managers choices and tgen there's what we know about some of the players and their attitudes or abilities. The one that gets me above all is Lennon out on loan to make space for seemingly undroppable Townsend who's done nothing all season, nothing.

Yep and Lennon scored yesterday for Everton

Townsend is awful

• Registered Users Posts: 18,567 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Harry had Bale and Modric, far better than the wasters there now. Hopefully there will be a massive clear out in the summer

Isnt that the big issue with Spurs? A massive turnover of players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

I want to have a rant about the performances recently but I'm also want us to avoid the EL next season ... We can't have it both ways so ...

Chelsea winning the league cup means 6th place goes it the Europa and if Arsenal win the FA cup that becomes 7th.

So it looks like we are doomed to spend an eternity in the EL. Doomed. DOOOOMED I tells ya *laughs manically*

The really good news is that there is a possible place available for Fair Play league.

Europa league is a bit like the hotel California.

Advertisement