Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tottenham v Villa

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

City falling apart - pool will prob catch them

We could have caught them except for our last two shocking performances

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

We were never going to catch them unfortunately, not with the way we've been playing for the last 2 months. The team is in a dire state right now, and needs to be seriously overhauled if we ever hope to get back into the CL.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I'm sick of inverted wingers,I hope to god we don't have this tactic next season it just stupid,remember when we had Bale on one wing and Lennon on the other actually playing as wingers not so long ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

tippspur wrote: »
    I'm sick of inverted wingers,I hope to god we don't have this tactic next season it just stupid,remember when we had Bale on one wing and Lennon on the other actually playing as wingers not so long ago.

Wingers with quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

I want to have a rant about the performances recently but I'm also want us to avoid the EL next season ... We can't have it both ways so ...

Chelsea winning the league cup means 6th place goes it the Europa and if Arsenal win the FA cup that becomes 7th.

So it looks like we are doomed to spend an eternity in the EL. Doomed. DOOOOMED I tells ya *laughs manically*

FA Cup runners up get preference in that scenario should Arse win it. 7th will only be in the mix if its a Liverpool/Arsenal final.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

mg1982 wrote: »
    And Erikson was bought in to replace Modric. Hes not in the same class though.

He was not. Totally different position.

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

How many Poch teams have you followed?

Spurs usually run out of puff this time of year.

tippspur wrote: »

It's not just Spurs though, I'm almost surprised these days if I see a winger playing on his good side.

Modern football has decided that wingers are a luxury. Attacking full backs are now asked to double up as wingers. That's why so few full backs are good at defending now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

Ormus wrote: »
    He was not. Totally different position.

Erikson was brought in to create chances open up teams with his passing ability and score his share of goals. Pretty much what modric did but not to the same effect of course.

mg1982 wrote: »
    Erikson was brought in to create chances open up teams with his passing ability and score his share of goals. Pretty much what modric did but not to the same effect of course.

We must have been watching a different Modric. He was originally bought as an attacking player, but ended up as a central midfielder. Pretty much the same position Mason now plays. Not many goals or assists there. If anyone was a direct replacement for Modric, it was Dembele.

Eriksen was bought a year later for a different position.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

We must have been watching a different Modric. He was originally bought as an attacking player, but ended up as a central midfielder. Pretty much the same position Mason now plays. Not many goals or assists there. If anyone was a direct replacement for Modric, it was Dembele.

Eriksen was bought a year later for a different position.

Eriksen wasn't bought to replace Modric but we'd probably be better off playing him in Modric's old, deeper position

Eriksen wasn't bought to replace Modric but we'd probably be better off playing him in Modric's old, deeper position

You reckon? I think he'd be too weak for it. I know he might look a similar stature to Modric and Mason, but they're both fighters. Eriksen is a creator.

You reckon? I think he'd be too weak for it. I know he might look a similar stature to Modric and Mason, but they're both fighters. Eriksen is a creator.

modric is a fighter and creator, all round excellent midfielder

eriksen im afraid seems to be a little wimpish and has faded away terribly in the last few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

Modric is the greatest player I've ever seen grace our shirt and my support goes back to the early 80s. Eriksen isn't even a good signing yet imo. He gets goals and has a serious free kick but he's not bothered half the time.

golfball37 wrote: »
    Modric is the greatest player I've ever seen grace our shirt and my support goes back to the early 80s. Eriksen isn't even a good signing yet imo. He gets goals and has a serious free kick but he's not bothered half the time.

yeah, very concerned about his recent performances. himself and chadli have tailed off more than most and kane is getting zero service .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Patww79 wrote: »

I think that's a bit harsh. The whole team has looked exhausted lately, not just him. He had the highest average km per game stats of the whole Premiership earlier in the season, and has played a lotta games, so it's possible he is legitimately tired.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

He's still very young. As hoddle said, we've no 1 to assist the assister.

Just think abit deeper, with better players ahead of him he'd be better. He's tidy, can spot a pass and doesn't seem afraid to get on the ball.

He's still very young. As hoddle said, we've no 1 to assist the assister.

Just think abit deeper, with better players ahead of him he'd be better. He's tidy, can spot a pass and doesn't seem afraid to get on the ball.

It might work.

I just think he'd get steamrollered in there. A midfielder needs to be defensively aware, and preferably physically strong. Eriksen is neither.

It might work.

I just think he'd get steamrollered in there. A midfielder needs to be defensively aware, and preferably physically strong. Eriksen is neither.

This is what dembele is good at . He could get the ball deep and at it into space for eriksen but he can't even get in the squad these days for some reason

• Advertisement

mickman wrote: »
    This is what dembele is good at . He could get the ball deep and at it into space for eriksen but he can't even get in the squad these days for some reason

Dembele is inconsistent, looks awesome at his best, but not reliable.

You can't have a passenger in midfield anyway, so even Dembele on a good day couldn't carry Eriksen.

Advertisement