Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

free hp photostart 5510d driver update?

Options
  • 09-04-2015 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

My laptop cannot connect to my photosmart. Says it's to do with the driver. I'm googling and there are a few downloads to update several drivers but for at least E30. Can I not get a free update just for my photosmart?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Dulchie

Try the following link.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Photosmart-5510-e-All-in-One-Printer-series---B111/5053904/model/5053905#Z7_3054ICK0KGTE30AQO5O3KA30R1

Hp Printer drivers are available free from HP, this particular driver is for the Photosmart 5510-e all in one.
    Is that the model you have ?

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Kate253

Dulchie wrote: »
    Try the following link.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Photosmart-5510-e-All-in-One-Printer-series---B111/5053904/model/5053905#Z7_3054ICK0KGTE30AQO5O3KA30R1

Hp Printer drivers are available free from HP, this particular driver is for the Photosmart 5510-e all in one.
    Is that the model you have ?

the weird thing is that when i check the printer on the laptop it is a 5510d but when I looked at the printer itself it says 5515.

I can't locate either on HP but the 5515e has 3 dif versions aswell. WOuld the software work for all?

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Dulchie

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Kate253

Oh. Dear. God.

I'll go back to that when I have more energy! From a quick scan it looks like there is a problem with the new version of the relevant driver and I haven't the patience at the moment. Can't there just be a simple way? :confused:

Thanks so much for your help anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

have you tried windows updates?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

How is the printer connected to the computer - Wireless or USB ? Simple way is to just delete the printer from Devices & Printers.

Download the driver from here. The page should recognise your operating system automatically. If it does so incorrectly then click the EDIT link beside the driver. Choose the Basic Driver for the standard printer, I presume you don't have a duplexer ? If you can't print both sides of a page then you don't. The driver may ask if you want to install all sorts of bloatware from HP like ePrint, photo album software and HP help and a few other things, it's up to you but you only need the driver. the printer will work fine without all the bloatware.

Regardless of how the printer WILL be connected, you need to connect it to the computer using the USB cable supplied. Run the installer you downloaded and follow the instructions regarding connection type - USB or Wifi. You will need your wifi details - SSID and Key - to hand.

If you choose to connect using WiFi the installer will configure the printer with the appropriate settings to allow you to do so. It needs the USB cable initially to allow this communication to take place.

If you've any problems let us know.

Ken

Advertisement