Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tallaght AC 5k 3rd May '15.

Options
  • 09-04-2015 10:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭

Have entered this, any of the Tallaght natives have any info on the course? Fast/not so fast?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

It's a pretty fast course tang. Slightly downhill for the fist 2 miles then a slight Bump over the motorway bridge at about 3.5k then a fast finish with a lap of the track.

It's incorporating the Dublin Novice Road race again this year so although the field might be small there'll be a really decent standard if it's like last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

and Brothers Pearse will win all the medals again ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Run and Jump

I might venture beyond my Tymon Park stomping ground and give this a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Giving this a bump, surely few more Boardsies doing it Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Was planning on doing le cheile but a change in plans, so will do this now instead.

Is there anything up at the track for young kids on the day, a 2 and 4 year old?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

I'm in, looking forward to it but any thoughts of a PB are out the window now after a week of holiday indulgences :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

I'm coming along for this.
    Hoping to get as close as possible to 20mins but will struggle at this point to go below.
    What's your target Tang?

belcarra wrote: »
    I'm coming along for this.
    Hoping to get as close as possible to 20mins but will struggle at this point to go below.
    What's your target Tang?

The exact same J, close to 20 mins as i can and beat career move if she can make the race.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I'm in the same boat, looking for 20 mins if possible. The third mile looks like a bit of a drag, anyone run the course before?

adrian522 wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat, looking for 20 mins if possible. The third mile looks like a bit of a drag, anyone run the course before?

Yeah it's a drag from 3-4k but it flattens out on the final k then drops down on to the track.
    The first 3k are a nice gradual downhill so you just have to dig in for the 4thkm and leave something in the tank for the final km.

• Advertisement

menoscemo wrote: »
    Yeah it's a drag from 3-4k but it flattens out on the final k then drops down on to the track.
    The first 3k are a nice gradual downhill so you just have to dig in for the 4thkm and leave something in the tank for the final km.

Does it finish on the track?

Should get sub 21, sub 20 not possible at this stage.

Have to high five my kids beside Mayberry Rd or I might as well not go home :eek:

Thats 3 of us, surely we can work off each other and make things a bit easier? Share the pacing.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭TRR_the_turd

Yes as meno says. There is a drag but over 3-4 k but first 3k are lightening quick. If you haven't gone out too hard the drag shouldn't effect your time too much. Overall I'd consider it a fast course. I ran close to a PB on it before.
    Is there anything up at the track for young kids on the day, a 2 and 4 year old?
    Thanks

Unfortunately nothing on for kids specifically. They should be able to access to the field area of the track though so will be able to run around there and watch you finish on the track if that's any use!

Does it finish on the track?

Should get sub 21, sub 20 not possible at this stage.

Have to high five my kids beside Mayberry Rd or I might as well not go home :eek:

yeah the last 300m is on the track as last year.

Big spread of food upstairs in the clubhouse afterwards.

yeah the last 300m is on the track as last year.

Big spread of food upstairs in the clubhouse afterwards.

Now your talking :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Good race today, seemed like a good turnout too. Nice course, fair rather than overly generous. Nice bit of food afterwards too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Good race today, seemed like a good turnout too. Nice course, fair rather than overly generous. Nice bit of food afterwards too.

It was great. Brilliant turnout, 370 finishers. A quality podium too, with Tomas Fitz holding off Mark Kinnealy and Clohissey. Weather perfect. Loads of grub after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

In fact, the only black spot, noted by the Hooper, was one of our (Tallaght) senior teams picking up a medal and no-one knowing who was on the team. Quinner had to accept their medals. oopsie.

davedanon wrote: »
    In fact, the only black spot, noted by the Hooper, was one of our (Tallaght) senior teams picking up a medal and no-one knowing who was on the team. Quinner had to accept their medals. oopsie.

Well done tallaght on a great race.

davedanon wrote: »

Well done tallaght on a great race.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Supernintento Chalmers

Anyone know why there was no timing mat at the start?

Anyone know why there was no timing mat at the start?

The road was only closed off for a minute before the race. There is no way you could have got one set up on a public road. Besides it was a wide enough start

The road was only closed off for a minute before the race. There is no way you could have got one set up on a public road. Besides it was a wide enough start

In fairness the start was very efficient, line us up and off pretty quickly. U lose a few secs but that's why u have a watch

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭JMSE

Fair play to tallaght ac, decided last night that this was worth a shot, bound to be a flat one, and it was. In fact it felt like the way out was all downhill, and the way back was only up for a bit. Was a toss up between going to Drog for the Boyne 10k or to Tallaght for this 5k and in the end twas the 15euro pricetag versus the 30 for Boyne which won. The start was great in fact, everyone gathering on the industrial estate road and just approaching the line at the last minute (like Aintree, almost), meant you didnt stand around. The last 300m on the track felt lovely after the blacktop, really nice surface in there. And as I got myself a great time under 21mins (pb) I'll defo be back next year please God.

Advertisement