Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Customer reading / bill

Options
  • 09-04-2015 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 29,352 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there

I submitted a question via email to EI but have not had any response, so I thought I'd try here.

I got a bill the other day (dated 8/4) for one of my EI accounts (electricity). It stated that it was for the period leading up to 25/3. However I had submitted a reading on 6/4 which is obviously not included on the bill.

I am wondering if it is possible to have an amended/corrected bill issued to include the reading submitted on 6/4? Or will this reading have to wait until the next bill issues in two months' time? It would suit much better if I could have a bill up to and including the latest reading if that's possible.

I have a (presumably automatically generated) reference number for my email query if that's of any help.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hello HeidiHeidi,

Thanks for getting in touch with us on Boards.

Your email will be responded to - it is just in a queue at the moment and will be picked up early next week by the team.

We can certainly take over your query here on Boards now.

Just as some general information: the best time to submit a meter-reading to have an accurate bill generated is immediately after receiving a bill that is estimated. If a meter-reading is submitted too close before the scheduled bill, it may not be taken into account. The meter may be read by ESB Networks for the scheduled bill anyway (they aim to read a meter for four out of the six scheduled bills per year, access to the meter permitting). We understand there can be a need for submitting meter-readings at other points throughout the billing period also though (such as when a person is moving out) and a meter-reading can be processed at other times besides when the bill has just been issued.

If you private message us your Electric Ireland account number, name and address in full, and the telephone number we have for you, we will check whether your meter-reading is automatically being processed subsequent to the bill issue, or whether a new meter-reading is needed, in which case we can indeed process it for you for an up-to-date bill.

Kind regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 29,352 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

PM sent just now.

Thanks!

Advertisement