Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amazing 12

• 09-04-2015 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6 Ellenjasmine

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a book to guide you through a programme to build muscle and trim fat.. I am considering doing the Amazing 12 programme but it is VERY expensive for me... and I would like a book I could reference and maybe even take to the gym to follow and put some much needed UMPH into my workouts, which have taken a nose dive!

Any advice would be appreciated..

Thanks,

E.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

There's no book or details on line

The only way to do it is with a certified coach.

High cost. But worth every cent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Ellenjasmine

Thanks for the reply. I know there is no way to do the Amazing 12 without a certified instructor... I just wanted a recommendation on a good book to reference in general for working out in the gym, something with a few good workouts to follow...

I know the Amazing 12 is worth the money, and im not suggesting that its not! i just can't afford that level of expenditure at the moment, unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I heard a few people mention this recently. Out of interest, what is the cost? A mate of mine might be interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

El Guapo! wrote: »
    Out of interest, what is the cost?
    And what is it? In a nutshell.

Mellor wrote: »
    And what is it? In a nutshell.

It's 1500.00.. I suppose when u pay that much it means your serious and u will hardly slack off after that outlay ..

• Advertisement

It's 1500.00.. I suppose when u pay that much it means your serious and u will hardly slack off after that outlay ..

Oh and it's a commitment to training hard for an hour a day and a diet plan with one cheat day.. More or less..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭RiseToMe

Some good results coming from the body coach. He is £49 per month but people seem to think that he's worth it especially if you want somebody to tell you want to do and eat and when

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Oh and it's a commitment to training hard for an hour a day and a diet plan with one cheat day.. More or less..

For how long? That money would buy me a hell of a lot of gym instruction with my local guy.

€1500??

Wow. For a 12 week course, that seems very steep. I heard it's very good but I'm sure it's hardly anything revolutionary or something you could do with a different trainer for a lot less.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Oryx wrote: »
    For how long? That money would buy me a hell of a lot of gym instruction with my local guy.

To pay that kind of money I'd want free pre workout cocaine thrown in.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,310 ✭✭✭COH

Im open to correction but isnt it 4 sessions a week? For 12 weeks it works out at 31e for small group/private coaching which isnt bad at all really.

Like anything, price is one thing. Value is another.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

I'm pretty sure the €1500 is for coaches and not for individuals. Your coach can then apply the Amazing 12 method for you afaik

That doesn't answer my question. Neither does "hard work for an hour".

I literally never heard of it, how would the describe/detail it to a potential client.

Oryx wrote: »
    How much would it buy?
    Maybe my idea of price is skewed, but it's about what I'd expect.
    €1500??

Wow. For a 12 week course, that seems very steep. I heard it's very good but I'm sure it's hardly anything revolutionary or something you could do with a different trainer for a lot less.
    If it's 4 sessions per week. Then I'd be surprised if you could get it for a lot less.

If it's 4 sessions per week. Then I'd be surprised if you could get it for a lot less.

Didn't realise it's 4 sessions per week. It just sounds steep right off the bat at €1500.
    It'd be interesting to know what's actually involved though. From the website it does seem like they have been getting excellent results.
    If I could afford it I'd probably do it but it's out of my price range at the minute what with a baby on the way and all. And I reckon it's out of my friends budget too.

Didn't realise it's 4 sessions per week. It just sounds steep right off the bat at €1500.
    It'd be interesting to know what's actually involved though.
    I'm only going on the post above. €1500 is a lot of money, but (assuming 4x is right) 48 hours is a lot of coaching.

I'd like to lniw what it is too, as the website isn't the clearest.

It'd be interesting to know what's actually involved though. From the website it does seem like they have been getting excellent results.
    If I could afford it I'd probably do it but it's out of my price range at the minute what with a baby on the way and all. And I reckon it's out of my friends budget too.
    This. Youd have to know what the time involves. But 4hr pw over 12 weeks is about the going rate.

COH wrote: »
    Im open to correction but isnt it 4 sessions a week? For 12 weeks it works out at 31e for small group/private coaching which isnt bad at all really.

Like anything, price is one thing. Value is another.

5, actually.

With an optional catch up on the 6th day too I think.

When you consider the amount of contact hours and support, the relative cost is very reasonable.

I got my shots back yesterday too. I consider it money well spent.

15529_814156361992307_6880719718415840393_n.jpg?oh=6846860d277acb1b85e25c1c1d77e750&oe=55E40B03

Hanley wrote: »
    5, actually.

So is 5 days x 12 weeks the coaches course, or the clients course?
    Or is there a difference, in content or cost?
    15529_814156361992307_6880719718415840393_n.jpg?oh=6846860d277acb1b85e25c1c1d77e750&oe=55E40B03

But your smiling in the before pic.
    You're not suppose to smile in the before pic. ;)

So is 5 days x 12 weeks the coaches course, or the clients course?
    Or is there a difference, in content or cost?

Client course = 5 training sessions per week for 12 weeks

Coaches course = certification process over a weekend or two with support from the creators all the way thru

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

Did you have to pay for extra for your tan as well James ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

5, actually.

When you consider the amount of contact hours and support, the relative cost is very reasonable.

Classic pale before/dark tan after pics.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Triangla

5, actually.

You were in excellent shape beforehand so I'm not sure are you the right example of a typical before and after.

I reckon you shed a small % of body fat but retained the muscle. With the tan thrown in you look a lot more cut.

On the frontal pic it looks like the tan is the main difference. Side profile shows significant loss of fat though (not that there was that much beforehand tbh). Excellent results so well done!

OP - I would suggest buying the book "The 4 Hour Body" for the diet part and google "5 by 5 Starting Strength" for building strength. Throw in a 30 minute run the other 4 days and you'll be in great nick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,676 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Triangla wrote: »
    You were in excellent shape beforehand so I'm not sure are you the right example of a typical before and after.

It shows the program can work for someone in excellent shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭CM24

I've been following all the Amazing 12 transformations on Facebook for quite a while now. The thing that impresses me most is not just the pictures, but the massive strength gains made by all the clients on the program. People seem to be setting PR's despite being weighing far less than when they started the program. So, it's clearly not just a typical hardcore diet where one hopes to just about maintain their current strength.

Hanley, I didn't see your strength stats Before/After posted anywhere. I know yours would be different than the average person's but have you made any gains in strength over the 12 weeks?

I'm guessing ''work capacity'' is another quality the program improves. I just can't figure out how this makes a person's physique better. I thought all that really mattered was absolute strength and bodyfat levels.

Triangla wrote: »
    Typical client, probably not.
    But the leaner you are, every kg of fat is harder lost. So it's backing up the program none the less.

Somebody in awful shspe can usually get fitter just by thinking about going to the gym.

That's a pretty cool price for all those contact hours so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

5, actually.

So, just to clarify: they give you lessons in creative lighting for photography, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Zillah wrote: »
    So, just to clarify: they give you lessons in creative lighting for photography, right?

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-magazine-monitor-31638187

• Advertisement

Bingo. And roids. Lots and lots of roids. No training at all. Best transformation ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭Dave 101

you cant reinvent the wheel, your basically paying a PT for 5 session per week which is overkill imo, if you have 1500 to throw around go for it if you want, the before and after photos dont show much difference if you look thru all the smoke and mirrors

there are no magic pills, special diets or secret routines!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,676 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Dave 101 wrote: »
    you cant reinvent the wheel, your basically paying a PT for 5 session per week which is overkill imo, if you have 1500 to throw around go for it if you want, the before and after photos dont show much difference if you look thru all the smoke and mirrors

there are no magic pills, special diets or secret routines!

You can apply that kind of logic to anything.

The people who invested - most of whom I have seen are highly regarded trainers - obviously felt they wouldn't get the results they did had they not done it.

If you get at least what you set out to get, you've got value for money.

You can apply that kind of logic to anything.

The people who invested - most of whom I have seen are highly regarded trainers - obviously felt they wouldn't get the results they did had they not done it.

If you get at least what you set out to get, you've got value for money.

Yes your right you could apply it to anything

I don't care who has paid the money highly regarded trainers or not, if people wanna spend the money on it that's their decision, but I myself can't see the value

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭CM24

I guess if you are a trainer yourself, not only does the 12 weeks get you into great shape, I'm sure it teaches you a lot of things along the way. As I recall Hanley saying, he took a lot from it that he can apply to his own/his clients training.

Bingo. And roids. Lots and lots of roids. No training at all. Best transformation ever.

It can be both (hard work and dodgy photography, I mean). I just think using images that have been quite blatantly arranged to massively exaggerate the before and after is a shitty practice that should stop. We'd roll our eyes if such shameless deception was used to promote any other product or service so why should it be ok here?

Look at what my patented process can achieve:
    FbDFL8I.jpg

I only charge half of what those guys do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Kev M

It can be both (hard work and dodgy photography, I mean). I just think using images that have been quite blatantly arranged to massively exaggerate the before and after is a shitty practice that should stop. We'd roll our eyes if such shameless deception was used to promote any other product or service so why should it be ok here?

Look at what my patented process can achieve:
    FbDFL8I.jpg

I only charge half of what those guys do.

Don't be dumb. I don't give a **** about the awesome 13 but there's a clear difference in these before and afters. Regarding the smoke and mirrors - advertising is everywhere. Illuminati confirmed.

Kev M wrote: »
    Don't be dumb. I don't give a **** about the awesome 13 but there's a clear difference in these before and afters. Regarding the smoke and mirrors - advertising is everywhere. Illuminati confirmed.

It's easier to make fun and attempt to poke holes than face up to the fact that someone is just plain prepared to outwork you for superior results.

Tis very "internet" really.

Kev M wrote: »
    there's a clear difference in these before and afters.

ye theres a good hour of pumping up for the shots :D

It's easier to make fun and attempt to poke holes than face up to the fact that someone is just plain prepared to outwork you for superior results.

Oh lord. I don't like deceptive photography - is that really something you want to argue over? You worked very hard, I'm sure, that doesn't change the fact that they deliberately used a strong forward flash in the before photo to make you looked washed out and to remove the appearance of definition, and used much softer side lighting to do the exact opposite in the after photos. You shouldn't take that observation as a personal attack.

Oh lord. I don't like deceptive photography - is that really something you want to argue over? You worked very hard, I'm sure, that doesn't change the fact that they deliberately used a strong forward flash in the before photo to make you looked washed out and to remove the appearance of definition, and used much softer side lighting to do the exact opposite in the after photos. You shouldn't take that observation as a personal attack.
    Sure, it's a ****ty practise. But the simple fact is, all of their competitors will be doing it. They are selling themselves short by not going with the standard.
    It would be great if everyone would stop, but that's not gonna happen.
    You first posts sounded like you were suggesting that it was ALL lighting/processing.

https://www.facebook.com/RevolutionFitnessIreland/posts/947317211967724:0

• Advertisement

A selfie would settle this Hanley :)

Tbh I was cynical at the price but if you get the hours mentioned here and its personalised, then its ok value.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 greoi

I just completed the A12 and honestly it was the best money I've ever spent. 60+ hours training with the option of an extra day on a Saturday. Worth every penny and not that expensive when you break it down. Fairly proud of my before and after and to have someone say it's all "lights and mirrors" is pretty infuriating. Anyway, haters gona hate

There was no flash in the first shot, actually. Nor is there any side lighting in the after. Both are taken under the same strip light in the gym.

There's a number of photos on my FB of the shoot.

Maybe you don't know as much about photography as you'd like to think.

greoi wrote: »
    I just completed the A12 and honestly it was the best money I've ever spent. 60+ hours training with the option of an extra day on a Saturday. Worth every penny and not that expensive when you break it down. Fairly proud of my before and after and to have someone say it's all "lights and mirrors" is pretty infuriating. Anyway, haters gona hate

Don't let them get you down. It's easy to bitch on the internet :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

Just to weigh in here, I did the amazing 12 in cork, at the forge gym from October to Christmas. I can't post my before and after shot right now as I'm in hospital but I will so as soon as I'm home.

It's 5 days a week, as mentioned already. During the 12 weeks I dropped 17 kg body weight. Which When you account for muscle gained is probably closer to 20 kg of fat. So there's clearly more then camera tricks as someone is trying to suggest.

Regarding the strength gained. My bench, OHP, DL and squat improved from (all @ 95kg bw) 90, 48, 140 and 90
    Up to (all @ 77kg be) 105, 70, 165 and 105. I think this is great going for 12 weeks of work. And the experience itself was brilliant! I don't see anywhere else where you are guaranteed these results in only 12 weeks and for only 1500? I plan to do it again towards the end of the year!

For anyone in cork, I can't recommend the forge gym enough, bear in mind I have no affiliation with the forge, it's just the home of the amazing 12 in Munster afaik! As I said, I'll post pictures when I'm home!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I've not done it or tried it or any experience with it. But my experience with people in generally would lead me to believe it would be poor long-term value. However I'd say it will be an absolute goldmine for instructors and personal trainers.

The vast majority of people who need to be basically babied to achieve great results over 12 weeks are the type of people who will fall to **** when those apron strings are completely cut loose. The vast majority aren't being properly thought how to actually have a healthy and sustainable lifestyle because it's just not realistic to achieve that kind of mental change in such a short period of time.

This is why it's a gold mine for trainers. These people will come back every year because they'll fall of the horse and be desperate to "transform" themselves a year later for a wedding, summer holiday, etc etc.

If people really want to transform themselves then they need to view it as a marathon, not a sprint.

conzy wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure the €1500 is for coaches and not for individuals. Your coach can then apply the Amazing 12 method for you afaik

I got a quote as an individual for that price ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Are there different levels and prices? Like the Half-Decent 12 or the Meh 12?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 greoi

Nothing wrong with sprinting to start off your marathon. The Amazing 12 for me was definitely a life changing experience. I know it sounds corny but it was. I went from a bit of a couch potato who frequented a gym maybe 2weeks a year to being a bit of a gym addicted now. I never really thought much about what I was eating either now I find myself checking labels for sugar content etc. So its not just a quick fix, yeah you get ripped, and really fast but what I learned from doing the program will stick with me for life. And that seems to be the case with most people who have done the A12.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

greoi wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with sprinting to start off your marathon. The Amazing 12 for me was definitely a life changing experience. I know it sounds corny but it was. I went from a bit of a couch potato who frequented a gym maybe 2weeks a year to being a bit of a gym addicted now. I never really thought much about what I was eating either now I find myself checking labels for sugar content etc. So its not just a quick fix, yeah you get ripped, and really fast but what I learned from doing the program will stick with me for life. And that seems to be the case with most people who have done the A12.
    amazing 12 is just part of the global fitness conspiracy.

All you need to do is "Lift like a lion, be the king of your own destiny".

Hear me roar!!!

Its good to be the KING!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement