Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Register as Sole Trader

Options
  • 09-04-2015 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I have PAYE Income so I am registered for PAYEAnytime. I am now trying to register as a part time sole trader and it says I need to do it through PAYEAnytime but I can't seem to find the option to do it?

Anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I don't think you can use PAYE Anytime any more once you have non-PAYE income. Try ROS.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 BusinessGrinds

I have both PAYE and started as a sole trader part time this month so I want to register the part time income.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

If you are PAYE do you not just use a form 12 to declare additional income?
    The Form 12 is for people who have other income outside of their main PAYE income. This form is used to declare this additional income to Revenue for tax purposes if your additional income is less than €3,174.

If your additional income is more than €3,174, you will be required to do a self-assessment via the Form 11.

What type of income do I include on the Form 12?

You should include any additional income outside of your PAYE income on the Form 12 – so long as it doesn’t exceed €3,174. This can include income such as

Income from a trade or profession

From Red Oak Tax

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

I have PAYE Income so I am registered for PAYEAnytime. I am now trying to register as a part time sole trader and it says I need to do it through PAYEAnytime but I can't seem to find the option to do it?

Anyone any ideas?

Download TR1 form from revenue site and post/drop it in ro local tax office, they will mail you access code to ROS system for when you need to make your returns. Good luck with your venture.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭NotaSheep

You do not do a monthly report of your income. Your PAYE gets reported as normal and you submit your self-assessment via ROS once a year at which point you declare any and all additional income - btw you get taxed on your profits, not turnover, so you should have a P&L from which you can calculate what amount goes into the tax return.

• Advertisement
Advertisement