Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Scrapyard Athlone (or surrounding)

• 09-04-2015 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Anyone know of anywhere I can off-load my 99 Polo?
    It failed the NCT so trying to find somewhere/someone to buy it for scrap, are there dealers/scrapyards in Athlone who will take it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

Hi all,
    Anyone know of anywhere I can off-load my 99 Polo?
    It failed the NCT so trying to find somewhere/someone to buy it for scrap, are there dealers/scrapyards in Athlone who will take it?

Not sure about the dealers, but maybe try Hammond Lane? They take all sorts of scrap metal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,051 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

If it starts and runs stick it on Donedeal or Adverts.ie for €250 and accept offers. Scrap value probably looking at a max of €150 and they may insist you deliver the car to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭KizzyMonster

Thanks all!
    I rang Hammond Lane and yes, they'll only give me 70/80 euro.
    So I've put it on Adverts, I'll give it a week or so but if it doesn't sell I give it to Hammond Lane, really just want a quick sell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

Thanks all!
    I rang Hammond Lane and yes, they'll only give me 70/80 euro.
    So I've put it on Adverts, I'll give it a week or so but if it doesn't sell I give it to Hammond Lane, really just want a quick sell.

Jeasus, bring back the scrappage scheme :P

There's a breakers yard outside Athlone on the Ballymathon road on the right hand side just before the Mullingar turning opposite the BMW/Mini car dealers.

Here
    https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.439286,-7.890934,571m/data=!3m1!1e3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

There's a breakers yard outside Athlone on the Ballymathon road on the right hand side just before the Mullingar turning opposite the BMW/Mini car dealers.

Here
    https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.439286,-7.890934,571m/data=!3m1!1e3

Joe Deverys place.
    Not sure if posting phone numbers is allowed, but google
    Joe Devery Car Dismantlers and you'll get it

thanks I couldn't remember what it was called.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Chrisbass

If you still have it im looking for something to drive around the fields for the summer

Advertisement