Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a digital handset.

Options
  • 09-04-2015 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi - already posted this in "Ask UPC" forum - they recommended I try here.

I am using Blueface and I have a Cisco IP phone - SPA540G

I'm looking to switch from Blueface to UPC, so I'm looking for a similar console type phone, with good quality speaker phone.
    It will need to be a digital rather than an IP phone. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Any regular RJ11 land line phone will work with UPC. You cannot use an IP Phone with the UPC Phone Service.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 YouNeek

Mr. G wrote: »
    Any regular RJ11 land line phone will work with UPC. You cannot use an IP Phone with the UPC Phone Service.

Thanks. In particular I'm looking for a console type phone, with a good quality speaker, backlit display, programmable address book. It's for a home office and will be used for a lot of conference calls.

I don't want a DECT handset, and I already have a Binatone phone which works but is crap.

I'm looking for recommendations on a particular model that someone on here might have used and found to work well.

Mr. G wrote: »
    You cannot use an IP Phone with the UPC Phone Service.

Also, I think I mentioned that in my OP ;-)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

YouNeek wrote: »
    Thanks. In particular I'm looking for a console type phone, with a good quality speaker, backlit display, programmable address book. It's for a home office and will be used for a lot of conference calls.

I don't want a DECT handset, and I already have a Binatone phone which works but is crap.

I'm looking for recommendations on a particular model that someone on here might have used and found to work well.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Panasonic-KX-TG6461ET-Corded-Cordless-Machine/dp/B001WAKSFY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1428602920&sr=8-1&keywords=digital+corded+phone

Panasonic as a brand are quite good.
    YouNeek wrote: »
    Also, I think I mentioned that in my OP ;-)

Whoops :rolleyes:

Thanks for that. I had been looking at other panasonics, but missed that one!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement