Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Embryoscope

• 09-04-2015 2:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if any of ye have used the embryoscope during assisted fertility? Our consultants said its an optional extra and on the day, there may or may not be room... Its an additional €500

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭TomeeTipee

Hi stickybean, i presume the embryoscope is where they closely monitor the embryos as they grow? Different clinics use different techniques, with lots of different names, for this, so this is what i presume it is. I've never used any of these, but i think usually it is used to help pick out the best embryos. In my case, i always have so few, so it would be of limited use to me.

For me, the decision would probably depend on how many embryos you get. If you have a decent number, it might be helpful in selecting the best one or two for transfer. If you have a limited number and are going to blast, the weaker ones will likely drop out anyway at this stage, leaving the best 1 or 2 as the only remaining blasts. In this case, i'm not sure that using the embryoscope would give much extra information. Maybe someone else who has used it would be better able to advise.

Best of luck either way!

Advertisement