Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repairs using tenancy deposit

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,684 ✭✭✭whippet

MadDog76 wrote: »
    Tenants try cover up damages instead of being honest with their LL's .......... fair LL's equal honest Tenant's.
    This LL is not being fair .........

I am a landlord and have been as fair as I can possibly be ... I have had some absolutely perfect tenants and my share of irresponsible ones. So saying that fair LLs = honest tenants is a total myth. I have been shafted by tenants whom I treated in a proper professional manner

It is stated in my lease that any and all damages must be reported as soon as possible .. the reason for this is I don't want the tenant hiding anything and then hoping I don't notice until the place it let again or i have refunded the deposit.

I treat all lies, attempts to cover up etc as a potential breech of the lease. I have had tenants break some stuff, they have informed me and I have just replaced and said nothing .. funnily enough these tend to be the tenants who get their deposit back almost instantly as when I do the walk through after the lease is up I don't get any surprises.

Its just like the tenant who just unilaterally decides to use the deposit as the last months rent ... when that is mentioned or happens I know that it is almost definite that there will be damage etc when the house is expected.

Advertisement