Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Gas Boiler Quotation - In UK

• 09-04-2015 3:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 475 ✭✭

Hi Guys

I have an apartment in the UK (Northampton) and the gas boiler sounds like it is caput. The plumber who has been appointed by the estate agent has been out a few times in the last few weeks and advised that a new boiler would be more economical than replacing all the parts. I am already in for about £400 in costs of recent repairs.

Anywho, they provided my with a quotation which I was pretty shocked with:

Ideal Logic + 30KW Combi boiler £969.10
    Horizontal flue.
    Flue elbow.
    Flue extension.
    Stand off kit.

Limescale reducer. £140.00
    Pipe and fittings.
    Inhibitor.

Labour. £490.00
    Magnaclean filter £117.00
    Powerflush inc chemicals - All day flush. £380.00

Boiler will come with 7 Years parts and labour manufacturers warranty.

Sub Total:
    VAT (20.00%)
    Estimate Total (GBP):

Does this seem like a competitive quote?

Many thanks for any help that you can provide.

Regards

Potsy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,821 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

potsy11 wrote: »
    Hi Guys

I have an apartment in the UK (Northampton) and the gas boiler sounds like it is caput. The plumber who has been appointed by the estate agent has been out a few times in the last few weeks and advised that a new boiler would be more economical than replacing all the parts. I am already in for about £400 in costs of recent repairs.

Anywho, they provided my with a quotation which I was pretty shocked with:

Ideal Logic + 30KW Combi boiler £969.10
    Horizontal flue.
    Flue elbow.
    Flue extension.
    Stand off kit.

Limescale reducer. £140.00
    Pipe and fittings.
    Inhibitor.

Labour. £490.00
    Magnaclean filter £117.00
    Powerflush inc chemicals - All day flush. £380.00

Boiler will come with 7 Years parts and labour manufacturers warranty.

Sub Total:
    VAT (20.00%)
    Estimate Total (GBP):

Does this seem like a competitive quote?

Many thanks for any help that you can provide.

Regards

Potsy

Converted to euro is roughly 3,000
    Ye that seems a little high but I don't no the work involved. Different cat rate than here. How long is the extended flue? Does the gas pipe need to be increased in size?
    The last combi I priced came in at 2400 for a 24kw with limescale filter and magnafilter. No flue extension though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 475 ✭✭potsy11

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Converted to euro is roughly 3,000
    Ye that seems a little high but I don't no the work involved. Different cat rate than here. How long is the extended flue? Does the gas pipe need to be increased in size?
    The last combi I priced came in at 2400 for a 24kw with limescale filter and magnafilter. No flue extension though.

Thanks for your comments. I found this site which prices the boiler and accessories a lot cheaper than what the plumber quoted.

http://www.discountheating.com/wallgascondensingcombi/ideal_logic_plus_30_combi_boiler.html

As a plumber would you mark up the price of the boiler or do you just pass the cost on? It appears to me that I'm paying a premium on the lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,821 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Thanks for your comments. I found this site which prices the boiler and accessories a lot cheaper than what the plumber quoted.

http://www.discountheating.com/wallgascondensingcombi/ideal_logic_plus_30_combi_boiler.html

As a plumber would you mark up the price of the boiler or do you just pass the cost on? It appears to me that I'm paying a premium on the lot.

I don't know fully what way vat works in the uk. Over here if the materials are more than 2/3 the cost of the job then fill 23% is charged

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭rightjob!

i think thats a fiar price to be honest including the flu extension kit and a proper flush ect,how much cheaper would you like it?

rightjob! wrote: »
    i think thats a fiar price to be honest including the flu extension kit and a proper flush ect,how much cheaper would you like it?

Having done a quick Google seach, I can buy all the equipment from a supplier for £500 cheaper.

• Advertisement

Having done a quick Google seach, I can buy all the equipment from a supplier for £500 cheaper.

can you post the figures and link please

rightjob! wrote: »
    can you post the figures and link please

This is the link. http://www.discountheating.com/wallgascondensingcombi/ideal_logic_plus_30_combi_boiler.html

My figures are in the first post.

Thanks.

sorry i did not read the post properly and see your final figure was in pounds,it prob is a bit on the high side by about 400ish,but hard to say without seeing what way the old install is and the flu.

shop around and get at least 3 prices.

Advertisement