Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving cert geography

Options
  • 09-04-2015 6:58pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi I'm sorry to bother everyone again but I was considering doing leaving cert geography as I really love geography but there's one problem, the physical section: the rocks, mass movement, weather etc I absolutely can't understand and hate any physical and I'm studying the human side of geography for the junior cert as I can still answer three questions out of the 5 without going going near the physical as all I can understand are the short answer qs. I really like geography but I hate anything to do with physical and you can't escape in the leaving cert;(. Should I study the physical side of geography over the summer so I have the basics for leaving? Anyone got any tips? :/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Hi I'm sorry to bother everyone again but I was considering doing leaving cert geography as I really love geography but there's one problem, the physical section: the rocks, mass movement, weather etc I absolutely can't understand and hate any physical and I'm studying the human side of geography for the junior cert as I can still answer three questions out of the 5 without going going near the physical as all I can understand are the short answer qs. I really like geography but I hate anything to do with physical and you can't escape in the leaving cert;(. Should I study the physical side of geography over the summer so I have the basics for leaving? Anyone got any tips? :/

Well Cove, I'm in 5th Year and picked up Geography having never done it for Junior Cert this year. As far as I can tell having only glimpsed at JC books, the physical section of Geography is the same thing except more in depth. I'm sure if you googled the LC book you'd find a PDF or something and would be able to read it and familiarize myself with it. If you have any questions just ask, I love helping people on the JC thread.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Oddly enough, I found the physical geography much easier to answer on in the Leaving. Each answer could have plenty of diagrams which all got marks and it seemed less difficult to answer those sections rather than the social essays.

Check out old papers and see can you avoid physical geography.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Midkemia

I did geography for the leaving and I absolutely hated the physical section for the junior but found it much easier for the leaving cert! Also physical geography is only worth around 15% in the leaving and it's a very decent subject for points if you study hard for it just before your exams :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 56 ✭✭AvrilDoyle2000

Thank you all :)

Advertisement