Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chicken pox vacc with MMR

Options
  • 09-04-2015 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭

Am definately getting my little girl both but due to an illness her MMR is now a few weeks late delaying all the others. However she is getting it next week and in the states give give the Varicella witb the MMR. Has anyone else done that here? Got them on the same day? The massive outbreak of chicken pox locally had me thinking I would like her to get vaccinated as soon as we can.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

My daughter got the MMR and chickenpox vaccine on the same day, and there wasn't a bother on her, not even a fever.
    They are given together here in Spain if you opt for the chickenpox one as it isn't included in the free schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Thanks Xdancer!

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

I should mention also that my daughter never had any issues after any of her vaccines. She used to just sleep a bit more than usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

You'll have to check with your paediatrician/ GP (whoever is administering the varicella vax). I thought I read that varicella has to be given a few weeks after the MMR since they are 2 separate vaccines rather than the combined MMRV available elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

My gp wouldn't give the chicken pox with the mmr but we got it with the 13 month one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

tinkerbell wrote: »
    You'll have to check with your paediatrician/ GP (whoever is administering the varicella vax). I thought I read that varicella has to be given a few weeks after the MMR since they are 2 separate vaccines rather than the combined MMRV available elsewhere.

Waiting to talk to them alright but can only get through to the sect until I go for the MMR do want to have my info ready as she usually good at discussing things. The latest research is that the two separate on the same day is better than the combined actually according to the cdc

Advertisement