Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TicketMaster Missed Event Policy

Options
  • 09-04-2015 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I have 3 tickets for Ben Howard next Tuesday, these where bought using my brothers card as me and 2 brothers where due to attend... Unfortunately the brother whose card was used to purchase the 3 tickets is going travelling now and he just left for Dubai today... I accidentally purchased the missed event insurance...

Does anyone know how I claim this and can it just be claimed for 1 ticket as the other 2 tickets will be used?... Have no idea what I am supposed to do to be honest and was hoping someone here would be fit to help me out...

Does it take long to receive the refund and can I get it sent into the card that paid for it?.. How do I apply for it and do I need a print out of my brothers flights to prove that he is travelling?

Any help would be much appreciated...

Thanks,
    John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

I can't say I've ever purchased that insurance, seems like a complete waste of money to me. If you ever end up that you can't attend a gig, you can almost always find a buyer on Toutless.com.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭ko4jm6y9iwv2lc

I'd imagine the insurance would only cover you if you were too sick to attend, and had proof in the form of a letter from your doctor etc. I can't see the insurance paying out just because your brother choose not to attend the event and go travelling instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

http://www.magroup-online.com/TMS/IE/EN/TMS_IE_en_Policy_wordings.pdf
    Missed event - Section 1
    If you think you have to miss your event, we must be told immediately - see under the heading ʻMaking a claimʼ for more
    information.
    WHAT YOU ARE COVERED FOR
    We will pay you or your Personal Representatives up to €1,000 but no more than the face value of your event ticket that
    has been paid for and that cannot be recovered from anywhere else.
    We will provide this cover if you are unable to attend the event because one of the following necessary and unavoidable
    circumstances happens:
    • The death, serious injury or serious illness of you or a relative;
    • You are called for jury service in the Republic of Ireland or as a witness in a court in the Republic of Ireland;
    • You are needed by the Gardai following a burglary, or damage caused by serious fire, storm, flood, explosion,
    subsidence, vandalism, fallen trees, impact by aircraft or vehicle at your home;
    • The public transport (including scheduled flights) that you are using to get you to the event venue does not run to
    its timetable; or
    • The vehicle you are travelling in has an accident or breaks down or is delayed in a traffic jam for more than 3 hours,
    when there is no alternative route available.

WHAT YOU ARE NOT COVERED FOR
    Anything caused by:
    - cancellation, abandonment, postponement or relocation of the event by the artist, performer, organisers or
    promoters of the event;
    - bankruptcy or liquidation of the artist, performer, company organising or promoting the event, their agents or any
    person acting for you;
    - anything the company providing your transport or accommodation, their agents, any person acting for you or your
    conference organiser is responsible for;
    - you not wanting to travel or not enjoying the event;
    - you travelling in an aircraft (except as a passenger in a fully-licensed, passenger-carrying aircraft);
    - your suicide, self-injury or deliberately putting yourself at risk (unless you were trying to save another personʼs life)
    for example swimming while under the influence or alcohol or climbing from one balcony to another;
    - the death of any pet or animal;
    - the withdrawal from service of an aircraft, cross-channel train or sea vessel (temporarily or permanently), on which
    you are booked to travel, by the carrier or on the recommendation or order of any government, civil aviation
    authority, port authority, rail authority or other similar authority in any country.
    Any claim arising from, or consisting of, the following:
    - War, invasion, act of foreign enemy, hostilities (whether war is declared or not) civil war, civil commotion, rebellion,
    revolution, insurrection, military force, coup dʼetat, terrorism, weapons of mass destruction;
    - Any epidemic or pandemic;
    - You not following any suggestions or recommendations made by the Department of Foreign Affairs, World Health
    Organisation, or any government or other official authority during the period of insurance;
    - Ionising radiation or radioactive contamination from nuclear fuel or nuclear waste or any risk from nuclear
    equipment;
    - You acting in an illegal or malicious way;
    - Any loss caused as a direct or indirect result of anything you are claiming for, for example loss of transport or
    accommodation costs that are not part of the event package, unless it says differently in the policy.
    Claims relating to:
    - Financial circumstances or work commitments;
    - Annual passes or season tickets;
    - Something that you knew about at the time of booking this insurance;
    - Event tickets purchased for business purposes;
    - Event tickets not purchased from Ticketmaster.ie;
    - Event tickets that include transport or accommodation costs;
    - Delays or failure of public transport caused by strike or industrial action, which began or was announced before you
    left home or where you could have reasonably made other travel arrangements.
    Any claim unless you:
    - Get a letter from the public transport provider (if this applies) confirming that the service did not run on time;
    - Get confirmation of the delay from the authority who went to the accident or breakdown (if this applies) affecting the
    vehicle you were travelling in;
    - Have allowed time in your travel plans for delays which are expected.

Below is a list of the documents we will need in order to deal with your claim.
    • Your original unused event ticket.
    • Where appropriate travel tickets showing the dates and times of travel.
    • Details of any other insurance you may have that may cover the same loss.
    • As much evidence as possible to support your claim.
    • For claims relating to illness or injury a medical certificate will need to be completed by the treating doctor. A
    certified copy of the death certificate is required in the event of death.
    • If your claim results from any other circumstances, please provide evidence of these circumstances.
    • If the transport you are using to get to the venue is delayed and you miss the event, a detailed account of the
    circumstances causing you to miss your event together with supporting evidence from the public transport provider
    or accident / breakdown authority attending the private vehicle you were travelling in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

So I take it that doesn't cover me in this case... Damn ticketmaster and their stupid auto ticking the box for insurance, so annoying how they can get away with that... Didn't mean to buy the insurance for it either... Think I might have someone interested in it on toutless though so thanks to the person who recommended putting it up there hopefully I can get it sold anyways, have offered it for free to mates but no one seems to want to go :P

Advertisement