Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Peugeot Bikes? Any good?

• 09-04-2015 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Looking for a little help regarding the above. Popped into the LBS this evening on the way home as the BTW opened in work and going to avail to upgrade. (currently on a trek 1.2)

Had a quick look at two bikes, one a Bianchi with full 105 spec. The other was Peugeot with full Ultegra spec and Mavic Ksyrium wheels.

Both are around the same price, but does anybody know anything about the Peugeot bikes. I only seem to be able to find info on vintage Peugeot bikes.

I am also thinking of joining a club and hopefully competing in club races and progressing from there so want something that I can use for that aswell.

This is only thing I could find with a quick google search and doesn't give a whole lot of info.

Thanks in the advance for any help..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

http://www.peugeot.com/en/products-services/cycles

Some aspects of the linked website aren't working for me but if you Google the model numbers you might get some reviews.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

Peugeot made great racing bikes until the early 90s along with loads of lower end models which were good for the price. They stopped making bikes in the mid 90s but started making high end models again two or three years ago. They don't really import them to Ireland or England which is why they don't get much coverage here. Mates on the continent like them and reviews in French and German magazines tend to be good. I'm not sure if they're still made in France or just imported from the far east.

Looks like cycleuropa own the name now and are making the peugeot bikes. It's the same company that owns bianchi.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Daithi101

Thanks for the info, had a good search last night and struggled to find anything more on them.

I think I will just have to get and try it - thats if i can get over colour scheme and the fact it has a triple.....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Daithi101 wrote: »
    I think I will just have to get and try it - thats if i can get over colour scheme and the fact it has a triple.....

At least with the triple you have no excuse for not getting over anything on the bike :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭velopeloton

Peugeot are getting increasingly popular here again. Have heard nothing but good about them. Mavic Ksyrium are great wheels.

• Advertisement

CramCycle wrote: »
    At least with the triple you have no excuse for not getting over anything on the bike :D

even more of a reason not to get it so...

organised to take it out for a spin tomorrow and see what its like, would anyone have any other recommendations for a similar spec bike circa the €2k mark

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Peugeot are the best, at least according to Darren Rabbitte

“Happy Birthday Darren. Good lad, there you go, wha?”
    “What is it? It's not a bike”.
    “He's brilliant isn't he?”, Jimmy looks mockingly at his son Darren and then smirks at the rest of his family.
    “It's a pump”.
    “Yeah, it's a very good one too. See I'm gonna get you a wheel for Christmas and then another wheel for your next birthday and then the saddle, wha?”.
    “Yiz are messin'”.
    “We are of course”. Jimmy sings the melody of 'For he's a jolly good fellow' as he wheels in a beat up old 1920's bicycle with a basket on the front and the main triangle filled in.
    “There's a beauty isn't it? Get yourself up on that. It's a Stephen Roche special”.
    “Ah yiz are still messin'”.
    “Course we are”. Jimmy wheels in a brand new racing bike.
    “Wahey! Throw your leg over that one wha?”.
    “It's a Raleigh?”, Darran says as he looks disappointed.
    “Course, only the best”.
    “It's not the best though, Peugot are”.
    “You ungrateful little b******s”.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

'' throw your leg over that.... sorry sharon"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Peugeot were making bikes for 50 years before they started making cars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

seamus wrote: »

And coffee grinders before that :o

• Advertisement

bazermc wrote: »
    Peugeot are the best, at least according to Darren Rabbitte

“Happy Birthday Darren. Good lad, there you go, wha?”
    “What is it? It's not a bike”.
    “He's brilliant isn't he?”, Jimmy looks mockingly at his son Darren and then smirks at the rest of his family.
    “It's a pump”.
    “Yeah, it's a very good one too. See I'm gonna get you a wheel for Christmas and then another wheel for your next birthday and then the saddle, wha?”.
    “Yiz are messin'”.
    “We are of course”. Jimmy sings the melody of 'For he's a jolly good fellow' as he wheels in a beat up old 1920's bicycle with a basket on the front and the main triangle filled in.
    “There's a beauty isn't it? Get yourself up on that. It's a Stephen Roche special”.
    “Ah yiz are still messin'”.
    “Course we are”. Jimmy wheels in a brand new racing bike.
    “Wahey! Throw your leg over that one wha?”.
    “It's a Raleigh?”, Darran says as he looks disappointed.
    “Course, only the best”.
    “It's not the best though, Peugot are”.
    “You ungrateful little b******s”.
    colm18 wrote: »
    '' throw your leg over that.... sorry sharon"

I just want to go home and watch "The Snapper" now

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

seamus wrote: »

and my experience of that is that they are failing at that, quite spectacularly. I have yet to meet a Peugeot driver whose clutch or head gasket hasn't gone with no reasonable excuse, followed by their stupid "one reversing light" policy that means you only know if they are reversing if you are in the correct position, which is often the position that all other traffic close to them is unlikely to be.

RANT OVER

CramCycle wrote: »
    and my experience of that is that they are failing at that, quite spectacularly. I have yet to meet a Peugeot driver whose clutch or head gasket hasn't gone with no reasonable excuse, followed by their stupid "one reversing light" policy that means you only know if they are reversing if you are in the correct position, which is often the position that all other traffic close to them is unlikely to be.

RANT OVER

Not a rant if it is true and thankfully not ever planning on buying one of their cars....

Advertisement