Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help using debit card?

Options
  • 09-04-2015 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭

Can someone please help me how to use a debit card?. I have to pay for something online and i have to use my new debit card i got. I have the form on screen:
    Payment Type-presume its Visa Debit
    Card Number-presume number on front of card with CARD NUMBER beside it?
    CVV- is that on the back of the card where the signature is?, I see a 4 digit number and then a 3 digit number, is the 3 digit number the CVV number?
    Cardholders Name- presume that's just the name on the front of the card and you put it in capital letters?

How does the person know that I've paid?- would they know immediately?
    Also should everything I need be on the card?, thanks..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

First off, do you know the site you're using is legitimate, i.e. is it a well known government site, such as motortax.ie

To ensure you're not being scammed, you're going to this site of your own free will, nobody has verbally told you to go here to pay for X service?
    i.e. nobody has told you your computer is infected with a virus and they can clean it up. All you have to do is enter your debit info into their payment site?

Next, check if the website is secure, can you see a lock symbol in the address bar? Click this and it will give you information if the site is (relatively) secure.

I'll be blunt, you don't sound too familiar with buying / paying for stuff online. It might be best to get a friend or family member to check to see if what you're doing is O.K.

If at all possible use a service like Paypal (if the site offers payment through it). It adds a layer of protection to your transactions online.

Advertisement