Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB Box, Minimum Distance from Road?

Options
  • 09-04-2015 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm planning to have an esb box moved to a side wall of a front porch I'm building. Could anyone advise if there is a minimum distance the esb box can be for a public road? I've attached a photo to give you an idea.

many thanks,
    Blu

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

Can't say I've ever seen a minimum distance from the road. I've often seen meter cabinets direct onto public footpaths. Ie terraced town houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Bluscreendream

Thanks Meercat, what you've said actually makes sense, I've seen this a lot myself too, it's just I was talking to an electrician who was under the impression there was some regulation regarding distance to a public road. Probably best I contact ESB networks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,578 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Thanks Meercat, what you've said actually makes sense, I've seen this a lot myself too, it's just I was talking to an electrician who was under the impression there was some regulation regarding distance to a public road. Probably best I contact ESB networks.

I see a lot of them like that in front driveways, I'm a meter reader for ESB, but I wouldn't take any chances on it, maybe contact ESB and ask them directly just to be on safe side....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Fieldog wrote: »
    I see a lot of them like that in front driveways, I'm a meter reader for ESB, but I wouldn't take any chances on it, maybe contact ESB and ask them directly just to be on safe side....

Only rule is within first 2m of boundary, and height of 1m to 1.2m iirc. Cant see a problem Op

Advertisement