Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applied biology and bio pharmaceutical science

• 09-04-2015 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Can anyone please give me the full modules as the website doesn't explain a lot.
    Thanks a million.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭Inventive User Name

I'm in third year, I think this is all we covered so far:

Year 1
    Biology, Chemistry,Learning to Learn, Maths, Physics.

Year 2
    Analytical Techniques 2.1, Biochemistry, Biological Aspects of Water Pollution, Data Handling, Good Laboratory Practice, Immunology, Introduction to Pharmaceuticals, Microbiology, Molecular Biology.

Year 3
    Applied Enzymology and Immunology, Biochemical Analysis, Microbiological Quality Control, Quality Management, Scientific Topics, Spectrophotometric Methods of Analysis, Biopharmaceutical Unit Processing, Chromatographic Analysis, Pharmaceutical Microbiology.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭idek1

I'm in third year, I think this is all we covered so far:

Year 1
    Biology, Chemistry,Learning to Learn, Maths, Physics.

Year 2
    Analytical Techniques 2.1, Biochemistry, Biological Aspects of Water Pollution, Data Handling, Good Laboratory Practice, Immunology, Introduction to Pharmaceuticals, Microbiology, Molecular Biology.

Year 3
    Applied Enzymology and Immunology, Biochemical Analysis, Microbiological Quality Control, Quality Management, Scientific Topics, Spectrophotometric Methods of Analysis, Biopharmaceutical Unit Processing, Chromatographic Analysis, Pharmaceutical Microbiology.

Thanks so much! Would you say this would be tough going without physics or chemistry ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭Inventive User Name

In the leaving cert I did ordinary level physics and didn't do chemistry at all. I managed to get by alright, and I'm by no means a grade A student. They cover all the fundamentals of both subjects in first year, so as long as you attend the lectures and pay attention you'll be grand.

Advertisement