Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Word Problem. Help please.

Options
  • 09-04-2015 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

Hi

I have just created a 70 page word document and am now trying to save it. I have some previously saved versions but not very recent.

I am trying to save it. I click save as. Select the destination and name and when i click save the save window disappears and suddenly reappears with no error notice and the work not save. Anyone know why?
    Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

Is your HDD full?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭crossy

homer911 wrote: »
    Is your HDD full?

Nope definitely not. Saving it onto a 6 Tb server network.
    Also tried saving to numerous different memory sticks and external hard drives and wouldn't work

Confused as hell

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

If you were to open a new instance of Word, could you save to that location?
    Can you save to that location from other applications?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Save locally and copy and paste over?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,772 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

New document,

copy.

paste.

If that doesn't work: copy then paste into notepad. If notepad accepts the paste (meaning the file can safely float on your clipboard) then copy, shut down Word.exe and relaunch before pasting.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 491 ✭✭Dozer Dave

Do not turn it off and back on again.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

try pasting into wordpad or email

file save As and choose .DOC if using .DOCX and visa versa go into options to make back up save, turn off fast save

save as .rtf or .wri if you have the options

later on try data recovery , now it's to get something out of the doc.

Advertisement