Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very natural-looking spray tan?

Options
  • 09-04-2015 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭

Hi girls, just asking this on behalf of my mother who's not on Boards.

She's off to a wedding soon and she has bought a lovely dress, which is knee-length and shows off her arms and legs.

She's very pale and was considering using Sally Hansen on her legs, just to take that milk-bottle whiteness away, but then she was thinking she'd have to do her arms as well, as they'd be white in comparison to her legs.

THEN she debated about her neck and I thought it was ridiculous to consider using Sally Hansen on arms and neck, as I've tried it before and it didn't set well.

Anyway, she was thinking of going for a spray tan but she's a bit worried.
    As she's pale, she doesn't want that orange look; she literally just wants a natural light tan to take that whiteness off her, and was wondering if it's possible to get a very natural-looking tan in a tanning salon?

Does it fade evenly?
    She's worried that when it starts fading, it'll fade away patchy.

When should she get the tan done? The day before the wedding? Two days before?

Does spray tan come off on bedclothes/clothes?

Can you put her mind at ease when it comes to a light natural-looking spray tan?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

If she only wants a hint of colour i wouldn't recommend a spray tan, I'd nearly promise you that she'd be unhappy with her colour. I'd say to go for the original Cocoa Brown and was it off after 2 hours, I find that colour VERY light! I'd also tell her to start prepping her skin about 4-5 days before tanning (exfoliating and moisturoising) and moisturoising daily to help it fade evenly.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭crestglan

Spray tans come in different strengths so if she asks for a light tan there should be no probs two days before as you cant shower for 12 hrs after spray tan

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭willow tree

You can get vita liberata in light. I get spray tan in it & just gives a healthy glow. Fades easily, no patches. Definitely prep with exfoliating & moisturising.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,467 ✭✭✭✭fits

She could wear tights???

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭willow tree

My mother swears by lancome on her legs & some clarins on her decollage & arms. She's very pale & looks natural.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Thanks very much everyone; you've been so helpful.

In hindsight, fits, she is going to go with tights.
    She's too afraid tan won't come out right and she's not great applying fake tan herself, so I reckon light tights might be a safer bet!

Thanks so much again :)

Advertisement