Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ID at festivals

Options
  • 10-04-2015 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Does anyone know if they are strict with ID at Body and Soul and Holi Festival Of Colours?
    I don't exactly want to spend €150 on a Body and Soul ticket only to be turned away. I'll be 17 going with friends of 17/18. All of us underage will be borrowing age cards. Do they usually examine the ID fairly thoroughly? Are they likely to let you in once you have some sort of ID?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

Yes, they're extremely strict on i.d. at most festivals but particularly Body and Soul, if I was you I'd wait until you were at least the legal age but preferably over 25.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Started going to festivals when I was 16, never needed I.d or saw somebody that did. Wouldnt really worry about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

I never bother bringing Id to festivals its only another thing to lose. Im 26 but would be considered fairly baby faced (or blessed with boyish good looks as I like to say). Was asked once at a festival this summer. Just shrugged and said I didn't bring it he just waved me through anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭_ReyRey_

Whosthis wrote: »
    Yes, they're extremely strict on i.d. at most festivals but particularly Body and Soul, if I was you I'd wait until you were at least the legal age but preferably over 25.

Why do you say over 25?

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Started going to festivals when I was 16, never needed I.d or saw somebody that did. Wouldnt really worry about it.

Thanks for the reply, that's reassuring to hear. I'm going to chance it anyway :)

• Advertisement

Casshern88 wrote: »
    I never bother bringing Id to festivals its only another thing to lose. Im 26 but would be considered fairly baby faced (or blessed with boyish good looks as I like to say). Was asked once at a festival this summer. Just shrugged and said I didn't bring it he just waved me through anyway.

Yeah I can't imagine them refusing entry to someone who has a ticket but I suppose it depends on who you're dealing with. Hopefully at body and soul they'd be more concerned with the ones sneaking in.

Advertisement