Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I open a port on Efibre modem? F1000 ?

Options
  • 10-04-2015 2:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

I'm at this for hours now.

All I want to do , is set up my CCTV so I can check it remotely. 

I can see it(live cameras)  in my browser in IE(active X), and I can PING it etc. from my home network.

Trying to open port 8080. TCP and UDP. What do I enter in these fields? VDSL/WAN/3g?

F1000 router is on 192.168.1.254
    My CCTV is on 192.168.0.122 (2nd router) - But cant even get past direct connection to internet and open the dam ports, so need to open ports first. 

WAN IP?? My current ISP IP?
    MAC address of WOL?(leave blank?)

Do I then have to PORT TRIGGER also? after port forwarding ?

I cant restart my F1000 cause my ISP IP would change ! 

I checked eircom help but they just refer you to a manual. I even upgraded the firmware an hour ago. So latest version running off Eircom site. 

PLEASE HELP. Otherwise I have to put this F1000 in the bin, and research a new one. It should work, but just wont. Tried piles of configurations. 

Any ideas? Thanks.

Mark.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

markmurphy wrote: »
    I'm at this for hours now.

All I want to do , is set up my CCTV so I can check it remotely. 

I can see it(live cameras)  in my browser in IE(active X), and I can PING it etc. from my home network.

Trying to open port 8080. TCP and UDP. What do I enter in these fields? VDSL/WAN/3g?

F1000 router is on 192.168.1.254
    My CCTV is on 192.168.0.122 (2nd router) - But cant even get past direct connection to internet and open the dam ports, so need to open ports first. 

WAN IP?? My current ISP IP?
    MAC address of WOL?(leave blank?)

Do I then have to PORT TRIGGER also? after port forwarding ?

I cant restart my F1000 cause my ISP IP would change ! 

I checked eircom help but they just refer you to a manual. I even upgraded the firmware an hour ago. So latest version running off Eircom site. 

PLEASE HELP. Otherwise I have to put this F1000 in the bin, and research a new one. It should work, but just wont. Tried piles of configurations. 

Any ideas? Thanks.

Mark.
    Hi markmurphy

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are facing with this. The best advice I can offer is to contact eircoms technical support team for assistance with this. They can be contacted on free phone 1901 or via WebChat at www.eircom.ie/chatnow.

While my knowledge on this is limited in comparison with the Technical support team I can confirm that in most cases involving remote camera viewing you will need a Static IP. If it becomes the case where you need to purchase a static IP you can order one via eircom.net sales on free phone 1800203204.

I hope this helps Mark,

Cheers

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭markmurphy

few days later! unlocked F1000 modem.

Latest firmware (more upto date than Eircom will release).

tried to run FTP server on pc, then access externally. no joy. Same crap.

The f1000 is a pile of dirt, you will find similar responses from on-line discussions. 

So thats it, after a week of trying , eircom failed, an expert failed today (but thanks D !). 

Any one got a good alternative to F1000 rubbish ? (real name vmg8324-B10A - Zyxel.). Someone said eircom are now not using the F1000 any more! Wonder why!

M.
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]VMG8324-B10A[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭markmurphy

GOT IT WORKING..................!!!

8 Days later!!!

The thing with opening ports, they don't show open UNLESS you have some device listing to it! OMG!

Thanks to Dermot for the help.

Now I need a static IP from Eircom !

YIPPPEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M.

ps: anyone with Eircom F1000 modems, I highly recommend you unlock your modem and upgrade to latest firmware. Eircom is way behind. You will see good improvement on web pages loading up and no problems opening ports!

Advertisement