Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Quantum 70 beeping

Options
  • 10-04-2015 2:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭

There is an HKC Quantum 70 in my apartment which just started beeping (long beep every few seconds). Both the yellow (fault) and red (alarm) light are on on the panel.

We never used the alarm and don't have the code.

I'll reach out to our landlord in the morning, but if by chance some is around this forum - what can the fault be and is there any way to silence it in the meantime?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 491 ✭✭Dozer Dave

Do a search in the forum, loads of codes mentioned in the threads here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Dozer Dave wrote: »
    Do a search in the forum, loads of codes mentioned in the threads here.

Thanks.

I saw mentions of default user code (1111) and engineer code (4567) but if I try these and they have been changed, am I not going to trigger an even louder bell? (I think what I have now is just the fault warning?)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 491 ✭✭Dozer Dave

If the beeping is driving you mad chance them codes, ring your landlord if the loud bell goes off and act innocent.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

No one here would be able to get you your user code. You need to contact the owners or letting agents.

KoolKid wrote: »
    No one here would be able to get you your user code. You need to contact the owners or letting agents.

Thanks. Yes understand, I am not hoping for a code.

Just looking for a backup option for tonight in case I can't get hold of the landlord today (already called and texted but no answer yet).

So there is no way to disable to fault alarm without the code? And is there a way do disconnect / power off the system without damaging it? (I assume it both is connected to the mains and had a battery?)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Yes, you could isolate the mains power and open the panel and disconnect the battery.
    If you have a live bell on the system it will ring initially.

KoolKid wrote: »
    Yes, you could isolate the mains power and open the panel and disconnect the battery.
    If you have a live bell on the system it will ring initially.

Thanks - much appreciated, I will try that in the evening if no better solution by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Bob24 wrote: »
    Thanks.

I saw mentions of default user code (1111) and engineer code (4567) but if I try these and they have been changed, am I not going to trigger an even louder bell? (I think what I have now is just the fault warning?)

If you try the default 1111 and it does not work the user code will need to be got from your landlord. It will not cause the alarm to activate doing this. From the sounds of it some fault has appeared and just needs the user code to acknowledge the fault.

altor wrote: »
    If you try the default 1111 and it does not work the user code will need to be got from your landlord. It will not cause the alarm to activate doing this. From the sounds of it some fault has appeared and just needs the user code to acknowledge the fault.

Thanks a lot, hopefully the landlord will get back to me, but if not I will try that before trying to disconnect the alarm.

Actually maybe the fault alert is about the battery? (we moved in 2.5 years ago and I assume these need to be replaced every few years)

Thanks a lot, hopefully the landlord will get back to me, but if not I will try that before trying to disconnect the alarm.

Actually maybe the fault alert is about the battery? (we moved in 2.5 years ago and I assume these need to be replaced every few years)

An easier option is to disconnect the bell when you open the panel :)
    The fault could be anything, only way of knowing is to use the code to turn it off and it will tell you the fault.

• Advertisement

altor wrote: »
    An easier option is to disconnect the bell when you open the panel :)

I like the sound of this (or rather the potential lack of sound :-)).

Is opening the panel as simple as removing the 2 screws on the left hand side? And once open is it obvious enough where the bell is; and can it be easily disconnected without damaging anything? (It might change if the landlord doesn't get back today and I can't sleep tonight, but for now I am still mindfull of the fact that the alarm is not my property).

I like the sound of this (or rather the potential lack of sound :-)).

Is opening the panel as simple as removing the 2 screws on the left hand side? And once open is it obvious enough where the bell is; and can it be easily disconnected without damaging anything? (It might change if the landlord doesn't get back today and I can't sleep tonight, but for now I am still mindfull of the fact that the alarm is not my property).

That is correct. Once you open the box it will start beeping if it is not already. Just simply pull out the speaker connection located at the bottom, just to the right of the bell connections.

Advertisement