Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

hard drive recovery

• 10-04-2015 7:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Please someone help me if you can.
    a few months ago i stupidly formatted my 1tb seagate external harddrive. The reason i did this was so it could be used as a back up location for my macbook pro.

before formatting i created a new folder in my macbook desktop and transferred all my harddrive files there. Since then i have backed up my macbook to the hard drive several times

I thought that all was ok until earlier this evening i tried to access some of my old files that i transferred to the mac. I discovered that my files were unable to be opened. "Aliases" had been created but they too are not accessible.

I downloaded a few software programs like recuva to see if i could recover my old files but i had no luck. Can anyone tell me if it is possible? Please. Years of photographs and hard work gone otherwise

Comments

Where are you trying to recover from, the Macbook or the External Harddrive?

What is the filesystem, i.e., Fat, HFS+, etc...

Where ever this data resides, do not use this device...

There are tools out there, I would use testdisk for this..

• Registered Users Posts: 9 denleno

I have no idea what kind of filesystem. I am not very tech savvy! Initially I was trying to recover from just the hard drive but I know that the files existed on the macbook at some point also. Should I just take it to someone who knows what they are looking at?

Advertisement