Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have I damaged my raw ride on lawn mower??

Options
  • 10-04-2015 9:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Yesterday whilst cutting my lawn for the first time with my new husqvarna ride on I struck a long thin iron bar which was nicely hidden in the grass.

This gave a big jolt to the mower which caused it to stop. On inspection the iron pole had been bent a bit and two circular parts had also been detached from the underside of the mower.

The mower worked away after and I was able to complete the cut however I'm concerned that I may have done more damage that might cause me bother down the line

Could anybody tell me what the 2 circular parts that were detached may be or whether the blades could be damaged (despite being able to complete the cut) Any advice would be hugely appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭arthur daly

Can you post a picture

• Registered Users Posts: 20 aonchraic

I've since figured that they are plates that surround the blade. Would it be unwise to drive without them on even if the mower is working perfectly?

Advertisement