Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pacific bulldog

• 10-04-2015 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hey anyone out there know anything about these I don't but I think they are beautiful looking animal anyone have any info or anyone own one . I think there bred from old english bulldogs and other bull breeds I think i am not sure .
    Any one have any info

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

So basically they are crosses or strains of the normal Bulldog? To be honest they are not a recognised breed and the Bulldog has enough health issues without creating these crosses so if it was me i would stay well clear.

Ive never heard of them, but looked them up and it seems to be more American dogs and breeders.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Al 25

andreac wrote: »
    So basically they are crosses or strains of the normal Bulldog? To be honest they are not a recognised breed and the Bulldog has enough health issues without creating these crosses so if it was me i would stay well clear.

Ive never heard of them, but looked them up and it seems to be more American dogs and breeders.

Found some in ireland and they seem pretty hhealthy to me check out pappys bulldogs I think he has a Facebook link also.
    very nice animals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Healthy in what way?

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Sobko

They need to go back to the drawing board with the Bulldog. I recall seeing some breeders are introducing Bullmastiff stain which is producing a more healthy looking dog. But I'd still go for the American Bulldog for now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Al 25 wrote: »
    Found some in ireland and they seem pretty hhealthy to me check out pappys bulldogs I think he has a Facebook link also.
    very nice animals

You want info from us because you don't know anything about the "breed". You don't know how they are bred and you don't have any information on them... BUT you do know a breeder that you want us to check out that has nice, healthy animals?

Just seen the OP was here a while back looking for American Bully breeders, when asked to specify, he was looking for owners of American Bulldogs crossed with Staffies.
    OP, you realise both these breeds are mongrels, right?

• Advertisement

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    You want info from us because you don't know anything about the "breed". You don't know how they are bred and you don't have any information on them... BUT you do know a breeder that you want us to check out that has nice, healthy animals?

Just seen the OP was here a while back looking for American Bully breeders, when asked to specify, he was looking for owners of American Bulldogs crossed with Staffies.
    OP, you realise both these breeds are mongrels, right?

Hi am no way promoting anyone here I did come across a breeder who I don't know I'm sorry if it's dubious .My apologies and the mod should close thread .sorry if YOU got offended .

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

OP, there's no need to take offence/close the thread just because someone disagrees with you.
    If you're troubled by a post, just report it and let the mods deal with it :)
    Can I ask people to back off a bit and try to help the op, remembering to post in a respectful manner, or not at all.
    Do not reply to this post on-thread.
    Thanks,
    DBB

Hi am no way promoting anyone here I did come across a breeder who I don't know I'm sorry if it's dubious .My apologies and the mod should close thread .sorry if YOU got offended .

I can assure you I was not offended, just genuinely curious as to whether you know that the breed you are asking questions about is in fact a mongrel, especially since you've asked about bull breed mongrels here before. You would need to stay incredibly clear of anyone claiming to breed these dogs, as they would not be running a legit and reputable operation :(

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭daUbiq

Why does it matter if they are mongrels? They are generally less prone to health issues caused by genetics. Aren't they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

I can assure you I was not offended, just genuinely curious as to whether you know that the breed you are asking questions about is in fact a mongrel, especially since you've asked about bull breed mongrels here before. You would need to stay incredibly clear of anyone claiming to breed these dogs, as they would not be running a legit and reputable operation :(

Just to play devil's advocate here...
    In case of the bulldog the OP is probably better off looking for a mongrel.
    No matter how reputable, legit and conscientious the bulldog breeder might be, the breed as such is fubared ... another sad example of everything that is wrong with breeding towards unnatural show standards.
    Why are there so many new variants of the bulldog breed (Pacific, Olde English and whatever else their names are)?
    Because bulldog fanciers want to roll back the breed standard to a point where the dog actually isn't suffering every single day of its life

• Advertisement

daUbiq wrote: »
    Why does it matter if they are mongrels? They are generally less prone to health issues caused by genetics. Aren't they?

It matters because if the OP is looking for one, which he is well within his rights to do, he should know that a breeder dealing with mongrels is not a reputable and legit breeder, it might save him from being duped into spending hundreds on a dog that he thinks is a breed.
    Again, the issue is not the breed or lack thereof, but rather that the OP is considering paying some back yard breeder for one.

It matters because if the OP is looking for one, which he is well within his rights to do, he should know that a breeder dealing with mongrels is not a reputable and legit breeder, it might save him from being duped into spending hundreds on a dog that he thinks is a breed.
    Again, the issue is not the breed or lack thereof, but rather that the OP is considering paying some back yard breeder for

I thought all breeds of dogs were mongrels until they were accepted as a breed ie labra doodle
    Bichon frise all the miniature breeds and there are new breeds being accepted all the time link below

http://theilovedogssite.com/the-10-newest-dog-breeds/7/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

I thought all breeds of dogs were mongrels until they were accepted as a breed ie labra doodle
    Bichon frise all the miniature breeds and there are new breeds being accepted all the time link below

http://theilovedogssite.com/the-10-newest-dog-breeds/7/

Sorry OP, but that link doesn't help your argument, as a lot of the 'breeds' aren't recognised at all, and some not by national kennel clubs, but rather by registeries usually set up by puppy farmers and back yard breeders - such as number 1, mini huskies. As the founder of the labradoodles has said publicly a number of times that it was a mistake to do so, it doesn't really help the argument either.

However, that being said, there are some breeds that have real issues, and I can understand you looking for a healthy dog. I would recommend that you go and visit that breeder that you found online, go a few times, spend time with him and his dogs, find out what genetic health testing he does. He may actually be someone who does care greatly about dogs, and is trying to breed healthy dogs, as opposed to someone breeding unhealthily to a breed standard that isn't conducive to healthy dogs.

muddypaws wrote: »
    Sorry OP, but that link doesn't help your argument, as a lot of the 'breeds' aren't recognised at all, and some not by national kennel clubs, but rather by registeries usually set up by puppy farmers and back yard breeders - such as number 1, mini huskies. As the founder of the labradoodles has said publicly a number of times that it was a mistake to do so, it doesn't really help the argument either.

However, that being said, there are some breeds that have real issues, and I can understand you looking for a healthy dog. I would recommend that you go and visit that breeder that you found online, go a few times, spend time with him and his dogs, find out what genetic health testing he does. He may actually be someone who does care greatly about dogs, and is trying to breed healthy dogs, as opposed to someone breeding unhealthily to a breed standard that isn't conducive to healthy dogs.

Point taken thanks for the advice

I have found a link it's in the us http://www.pacificbulldogs.com/
    But isn't it better to have a healthier type of bulldog ie than the British bulldog .
    The breed seems to be a type of old english bulldog but the old english bulldog varys alot in size but from the website they seem to try and consolidate certain size and dimensions and have restrictions .So pushing for healthy type is not a bad thing and in fairness they say this is a breed in development.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

A website that has a spelling error in the very first sentence hardly fills me with confidence. I know the Americans have a way with changing letters but there is no such word as "entegrity":rolleyes:

A website that has a spelling error in the very first sentence hardly fills me with confidence. I know the Americans have a way with changing letters but there is no such word as "entegrity":rolleyes:

Ha ha yanks your right it wouldn't fill anyone with confidence

Advertisement