Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bord Gais or Electric Ireland

Options
  • 10-04-2015 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭

Folks,

Im out of contract this week with Airtricity and they advised me to jump to another supplier to keep the cheaper electricity pricing/offers, etc.

Can you tell me which offers the best rate - EI or BG?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi whitelightrider,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Electric Ireland is currently offering a 13% discount off electricity units (direct debit required) and a further 2% discount for registering for online billing (eliminating postal billing). Details here on our website (€30 switching bonus is included also at the moment).

A supplier comparison can be carried out on Bonkers.ie.

We offer further discounts to customers who have gas supply and switch it to Electric Ireland in addition to electricity.

Do let us know if you require any further assistance. Our Sales team can be contacted on 1850 30 50 90 (telephone lines are open until 8pm Monday to Friday, and until 6pm Saturdays).

Kind regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Seems like a good deal Una.  Id be interested in changing over.
    Can you tell me if its possible to have a monthly payment option also so that we're not hit with large bill every 2 months?  I have this with Airtricity and find it great.

Hi whitelightrider,

Many thanks for your interest.

Yes, Electric Ireland does offer the monthly direct debit facility (Equaliser) which "banks" any over-payments for going towards higher bills in the winter.

The direct debit amount is subject to review (compared to usage) and change, if necessary.

Equaliser can be set up on an electricity account after three bills, and on a gas account immediately.

Kind regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Thanks Una.  My contract is up on the 20th May so Ill definitely be switching over then.

Thanks very much whitelightrider for your interest in Electric Ireland. :)

Kind regards,
    Una

• Advertisement
Advertisement