Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help identifying trees

• 10-04-2015 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Can anyone help with identifying the name of this tree?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Big Wex fan

Looks like a leylandii to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭pauliemc

Thanks, thats what i suspected. now for the follow up.... The trees are on neighbours side of the boundary wall and have grown so large they have caused the wall to fall and are encroaching into our property. Do we have any options?

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭renandstimpy

Yup chainsaw. .. cut anything on your side but leave the clippings back to them

Thanks for the reply, the prob is with the base of the tree, the tree is planted on the other side of the boundary but has expanded so that it has knocked the boundary wall and is slow expanding into our garden. cant really go at it with a chainsaw without taking out the whole tree which isnt mine to take out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭PeteFalk78

Are your neighbours approachable?

• Advertisement

Planning to talk to them before doing anything to see what they think. There are 17 of the attached trees so it isn't a small job to remove them and they may not want to incur the costs as they are not effecting them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭PeteFalk78

pauliemc wrote: »
    Planning to talk to them before doing anything to see what they think. There are 17 of the attached trees so it isn't a small job to remove them and they may not want to incur the costs as they are not effecting them

Yep it will be costly to remove. And will mostly make sh1te of your garden and theirs too. That's the problem with any trees planted close to a boundary but especially leylandi. Sorry but I can't see it being an easy resolution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

If they are causing damage to the boundary wall and encroaching into your property then it is effecting them.

unfortunately that's what I thought as well but i cant continue to have them grow into our garden. Will see how this goes

Effects - it isnt affecting them as much as they block the light out side but not theirs and have been trimmed better on their side than hours. We have only recently bought the house so have inherited the problem so to speak

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

What I meant is it's their trees damaging the wall so it's up to them to rectify it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Cowabunga

Tree is a Lawson cypress, similar to a Leyland. Yes you can cut any overhanging limbs, if it is pushing or bellying out a boundary wall, than it is a problem that will not be solved simply by boundary cutting. When a tree is in this proximity to a boundary wall than there really is only 2 options to rectify the situation. A) remove the tree in question, or trees, and repair wall. B) Remove wall with means to retain tree.
    Best to approach the neighbour and see is there any suggestions on the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Cowabunga

Tree is a Lawson cypress, similar to a Leyland. Yes you can cut any overhanging limbs, if it is pushing or bellying out a boundary wall, than it is a problem that will not be solved simply by boundary cutting. When a tree is in this proximity to a boundary wall than there really is only 2 options to rectify the situation. A) remove the tree in question, or trees, and repair wall. B) Remove wall with means to retain tree.
    Best to approach the neighbour and see is there any suggestions on the situation.

Advertisement