Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is it just me ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1338653/Close-encounter-landing-passenger-jets-San-Francisco-airport.html

Heres a real video from 2010. Have to say it, even though it's perfectly safe it would still give me a shiver if I had to operate from there:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Foggy43

'Other new developments in aviation include nuclear-powered planes which could see passengers change flight in mid-air and allow jets to refuel in the sky.'

I love it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Definitely looks like FSX to me, look at the ground/grass textures as they come in over the runway threshold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭sjb25

Foggy43 wrote: »
    'Other new developments in aviation include nuclear-powered planes which could see passengers change flight in mid-air and allow jets to refuel in the sky.'

I love it :rolleyes:

Lol I hadn't seen that bit Jesus that's an article that keeps on giving :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

looks like FSX. That said I've flown into Atlanta with a second plane performing a parallel landing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭sjb25

amen wrote: »
    looks like FSX. That said I've flown into Atlanta with a second plane performing a parallel landing.

O I'm sure that it is done but just the mirror putting a video that's from flight sim is great :) clowns

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Goway with your "it's FXS" nonsense.

It's SFO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭VG31

Isn't it great that FSX has become so realistic that we're not actually sure whether this is FSX or real! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

I found a better quality version of the video here..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭BeardySi

It's a real (but poor quality) vid lads...

Most disappointing bit on my only ever flight into SFO was not getting a parallel landing :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭ProfessorPlum

Fairly standard stuff into SFO. they'll usually offer an ILS or visual approach on to one side and a visual approach onto the other, with the caveat that the visual flight has to stay behind the other one. I was going in there one day, approaching from the south with a left turn in to shoot the ILS on 28R, ATC cleared a guy approaching from the north to shoot a visual onto 28L. So he ducked under us, turned right to line up for 28L, ending up only slightly behind us. It's mad stuff altogether. Ted. (You can still see the gouge in the grass to the left of 28L that the Asiana crowd left.)

Advertisement