Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

full finger spring/autumn gloves

• 10-04-2015 12:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭

Hi all, looking for recommendations for some full finger spring/autumn gloves. Its too warm now for my winter gloves (dhb Amberley) but not warm enough for my short finger ones in some early morning rides. Thx

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

viperlogic wrote: »
    Hi all, looking for recommendations for some full finger spring/autumn gloves. Its too warm now for my winter gloves (dhb Amberley) but not warm enough for my short finger ones in some early morning rides. Thx

Sorry can't help you with advice on spring gloves ,im only doing 8k trips in the morning so don't bother with gloves (just about). I'm interested about your experience with dhb Amberley, are they flexible and thin enough for the road bike?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

jon1981 wrote: »
    Sorry can't help you with advice on spring gloves but I'm interested about your experience with dhb Amberley, are they flexible and thin enough for the road bike?

I found them ok, thou did get a bit sweaty on long spins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I've used these the past few years:

http://www.prendas.co.uk/prendas-ciclismo-super-roubaix-spring-autumn-gloves.html

They don't offer much protection in a crash (I've ripped a couple of pairs this way) but otherwise they're lovely. They look much better on than in the pic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭nak

I have these:http://road.cc/content/review/46573-endura-equipe-thermo-windshield-glove

and a pair of Specialized MTB lightweight gloves that I got for a fiver and they have lasted 3 years so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

A running glove / glove liner under short fingered gloves does the job for cool spring / autumn weather

Something like http://tinyurl.com/lrqflgg

• Advertisement

Has anyone tried the DeFeet Dura or Castelli Prima?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭nak

Has anyone tried the DeFeet Dura or Castelli Prima?

Yes, have the DeFeet, only use them in winter though, bit warm for me this time of year. They're ok, ended up wearing them more off the bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,256 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

nak wrote: »
    Yes, have the DeFeet, only use them in winter though, bit warm for me this time of year. They're ok, ended up wearing them more off the bike.

I have the Defeet and they were perfect for today..hands were a bit chilly starting off this morning (it was 3 degrees) but they warmed up pretty quickly.

Know where one can get DeFeet in Ireland or cheap enough in the UK/EU. Wiggle only have S and XS in the white ones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 388 ✭✭Stevieg2009

Galibier do good spring gloves can't fault them and well priced

• Advertisement

Nice find, some great reviews. Even better they are only ~€19 & free delivery

Weighing up these and the Castelli Prima's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭jinkypolly

Castelli Lightness (SS15) full finger gloves are excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I got a pair of Dunlop full finger gloves in SportsDirect for €13. They're ideal for this time of year, light and have padded Palm section (not gel padding though)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

After I have "finished" with my winter gloves or we are heading towards Autumn, I just use light, thin "work" gloves with my proper fingerless cycling gloves over them

Some thing like this.

http://www.snickersworkwear.ie/products/gloves/precision-flex-thin-right/

I had them for Archery reasons, originally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭rab!dmonkey

I like Oakley's gloves (Factory, Factory Light, Automatic). They're pretty hard-wearing for how thin they are, in my experience. They have no padding and their fit suits me. They don't suffer from the same insane markup as Oakley's glasses either.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

picked up a pair of castelli nano xt gloves on here couple of weeks ago, few spins with them now and they are superb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Nice find is right..how do you find sizing?

mossym wrote: »
    picked up a pair of castelli nano xt gloves on here couple of weeks ago, few spins with them now and they are superb

Darn, ordered the Castelli Prima for €21.50 from CRC earlier. For €7 more could of got the Castelli Nano XT!

mossym wrote: »

Hows breathability?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

jinkypolly wrote: »
    Castelli Lightness (SS15) full finger gloves are excellent.

Second vote for the Lightness gloves, very comfortable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 388 ✭✭Stevieg2009

martyc5674 wrote: »
    Nice find is right..how do you find sizing?

I have a Medium size on the spring glove and fingerless I find the spring glove fine there is plenty of stretch in them but I will go up,a size on the fingerless next time there a little snug tbo I don't have shovels for hands but they are fantastic very light you almost forget you have them on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,256 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Know where one can get DeFeet in Ireland or cheap enough in the UK/EU. Wiggle only have S and XS in the white ones

http://www.prendas.co.uk/prendas-ciclismo-custom-defeet-dura-glove.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20 cromcruach

I'd second the Galibier recommendation. Have found them very decent for the price.

The company seems to be based in County Armagh if you're into buying local, and they have an excellent returns policy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

I have a brand new pair of Rapha Merino gloves if anyone is interested, they are large but are too small for me.

Darn, ordered the Castelli Prima for €21.50 from CRC earlier. For €7 more could of got the Castelli Nano XT!

Returned the Castelli Prima and got the Castelli Nano XT. Wasn't sure between the S and M but went for M in the end. Luckily I did, even the M is snug.

On first outing (fast 130K) with them it was about 8c. Hands nice and warm thou a bit sweaty. Bit of a struggle to get the gloves back on after a brief stop. Have yet to test them in the wet thou I'm sure this weekend will be that test!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

The full finger gloves sold in Aldi last week are excellent, very good fit (for my hands) very comfortable gel padding and light.

Advertisement